User Tag List

Page 131 of 137 FirstFirst ... 121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2722

Thread: Vanilla / Speedvagen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: vanilla

Ryun, Orange HSS without gear. Do I need to start saving more money? :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joep2517 View Post
    Ryun, Orange HSS without gear. Do I need to start saving more money? :)
    No kidding.
    That's the first thing I saw was the HSS Firefly frameset. I'd have already asked cept' its too big for me. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think its for sale but things change.
    I bought bones #5 back which is the same hss setup and needed the parts from the orange one for something secret.
    Itll probably get new kit come March

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rebuilt the OG with 2015 Super Record (with 2014 crank) Pro carbon bars and Enve 4.5s
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously good looking bike. Love the color.
    I came here for the socks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had my SV detailed after a wet weekend of riding and though I would share...

SV 1.jpg

SV 2.jpg

SV 3.jpg

SV 4.jpg

SV 6.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lovely!! Are you able to get fenders on when it rains?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Pasquale View Post
    Just had my SV detailed after a wet weekend of riding and though I would share...
    Looking good...!

So your SV is outside and there's another one INSIDE? I've never seen two at once "in the wild" other than the SF Fit Tour

I have however seen four Vanilla at once....or, is that vah-nill-ie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great looking bike
    Post a close-up of the rear disc mount, looks like a post mount used without offsetting the seatstays. Tight & right

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
    Looking good...!

So your SV is outside and there's another one INSIDE? I've never seen two at once "in the wild" other than the SF Fit Tour

I have however seen four Vanilla at once....or, is that vah-nill-ie?
    I'm in Taipei, which you got it, was a fit tour stop. The bike inside is the fit tour host's. Sometimes we have up to 6 on our group rides, but there were a lot more than that who purchased, some from HKG and surround area I think. Also, I think a few surprise me paint jobs have just come in and a couple more to come. I think Sacha is coming back in December but not sure that's 100% confirmed yet. There is a shop ride tonight, if other SV owners show up I'll try to get some photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffman View Post
    lovely!! Are you able to get fenders on when it rains?
    I've never tried, I usually get wet. There are no mounts. That said, some temporary ones would likely fit. I'm currently running 28's and it might be a little tight up front (SV Road w/no 22 fork).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Beaudoin View Post
    Great looking bike
    Post a close-up of the rear disc mount, looks like a post mount used without offsetting the seatstays. Tight & right
    Let me try to get a picture later, It's really clean. I think their guidebook shows it really well too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Pasquale View Post

SV 1.jpg

SV 2.jpg

SV 3.jpg

SV 4.jpg

SV 6.jpg
    Can you post the weight of that bike? Askign for a friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Speedvagen Race Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by morrisond View Post
    I'm in the process of Rebuilding my Rugged Road disc that had Dura Ace 9000 and Hydro's and stripped the frame bare. Just for info the bare frame with an Overt (Heavy) paint, Carbon Seatmast in 575 EFTT and 19cm HT was 1710 Grams. The fork was 490 (Painted ENVE 1.5 Disc)

Built with Ritchey integrated Bar 9000/ Hydro and CK Hubs on 3.4 Disc Rims and Clement 35mm X'plor Tires 120TPI it was 8.75 KGS (19.25 lbs)with DA pedals and Light Cages.

By basically replacing every part and running 28mm GP4's it will be about 16.5.

I'll post pics when I'm done. It was too nice a frame to only used once in a while on crappy roads.
    Did you ever post the final rebuild? with weight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOMayhem View Post
    Can you post the weight of that bike? Askign for a friend.
    7.8 kg with cages, tires are 28's, 50/34 with a 12/28. Its custom geometry, but something like a size 54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_1223.jpgMy friend was asking about the weight, because I have a similar SV that, with pedals, hits 19 lbs. I have a 2015 with the Surprise Me Ichiko paint, hidden battery in the post, and carbon seat tube. It has a dura ace crankset with other Ultegra components and Shimano hydrodisc brakes hoods/levers/rotors. It's riding on Reynolds Assault tubeless disc wheels and has the (now discontinued) Whisky No 9 road fork with thru axle.

Considering the battery, the tubeless, the rotors and mainly steel frame, 19lbs with pedals seems reasonable to me. My buddy thought it was too heavy.

The latest issue of Peloton has a custom Argonaut (all carbon) that's 17 pounds without pedals or discs, so I don't think the SV is out of bounds. Do I wish it was lighter? Yes. Does it prevent me from staying with my group or contributing on those rides? Not at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by docfink View Post
    IMG_1223.jpgMy friend was asking about the weight, because I have a similar SV that, with pedals, hits 19 lbs. I have a 2015 with the Surprise Me Ichiko paint, hidden battery in the post, and carbon seat tube. It has a dura ace crankset with other Ultegra components and Shimano hydrodisc brakes hoods/levers/rotors. It's riding on Reynolds Assault tubeless disc wheels and has the (now discontinued) Whisky No 9 road fork with thru axle.

Considering the battery, the tubeless, the rotors and mainly steel frame, 19lbs with pedals seems reasonable to me. My buddy thought it was too heavy.

The latest issue of Peloton has a custom Argonaut (all carbon) that's 17 pounds without pedals or discs, so I don't think the SV is out of bounds. Do I wish it was lighter? Yes. Does it prevent me from staying with my group or contributing on those rides? Not at all.
    Our bikes are very similar. I have the carbon seat tube and internal battery option as well, my fork is actually a No. 22 that I know nothing about other than it has sweet internal cable routing, but the specs I'm clueless and haven't been able to find anything. The wheels are Enve 3.4 clinchers. Speedplay chromo pedals is what it was weighed with. I will say its not really built for climbing but at a shade over 17lbs for the config I have, I'm really happy with that. I'm a bigger dude, so a couple pounds on the bike doesn't really make too much difference for me.

I'm kind of wondering how you are getting almost 2lbs extra over mine...maybe I should weigh it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your bike is an SV, primarily made with steel, has discs, and weighs 17 pounds with pedals, Thad, you must truly ride a unicorn!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Vanilla / Speedvagen

Quote Originally Posted by docfink View Post
    If your bike is an SV, primarily made with steel, has discs, and weighs 17 pounds with pedals, Thad, you must truly ride a unicorn!
    Weighed it again with a different scale and the pedals on (I think they must have been off the first time) and a 11-30 dura ace cassette. I got 8.08 kg this time. The bike Velonews weighed was under 17 lbs without pedals. I dunno.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Vanilla / Speedvagen

Another data point: My 58cm Road Disc with the carbon seattube is 1774 grams with headset cups fitted. The Enve seat topper is another 114g including all the hardware. That's not super heavy for a steel frame, but it's certainly not light compared to modern carbon.

Worth mentioning is that the Shimano hydro-mechanical R685 shifters are about 200 grams heavier than either their non-hydro 6800 cousins or a SRAM hydro-mechanical shifter. That's a pretty significant chunk of weight and hopefully the next generation DuraAce stuff will be lighter.

Fully built with Wheelworks Maker carbon wheels, a 177.5mm Quarq powermeter, 130mm alloy stem and bar, DuraAce pedals, and DuraAce 9000 mine is 8.1kg.