User Tag List

Page 129 of 137 FirstFirst ... 119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137 LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2722

Thread: Vanilla / Speedvagen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Speedvagen Race Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by heartattackrider View Post
    It was my understanding that in the first few years of SV Sacha welded the front triangle and DeSalvo did the rear. Are the SV's or OG's still touched by Sacha? I assume to get costs down on OG's Sacha doesn't touch them? Is OG left over form this promo?
    SV are now welded in Area 51 - meaning exactly who welds these is a guarded secret.

Quote Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
    I also thought that one of the original inceptions of SpeedVagen was that they were meant as race bikes, with a strong tone of "we expect all of them to raced and ridden hard." That tone seems to have faded and it seems alot of them are garage queens.
    SV can option out into a $10k+ bike.
    I bet a lot get ridden, but not many get raced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first years of batch built SV were main triangles welded by a guest welder. Mike DeSalvo is the only guy that I know who participated, but there may have been others. The stays were fillet brazed by Sacha. Now, they have an in house welder. Might be a refugee from Serotta's closing. I know at least one guy in the shop was at Serotta. The stays on my 2015 SV are fillet blazed still. So, I'm guessing that Sacha got his hands on my bike. I'm not 100% sure, but I think his ethic is working with his hands so I like to think so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flip that I think. DeSalvo did the welding and Sacha the brazing. I am pretty sure all tubes were welded up with exception of the SS, which were brazed. Dropouts were brazed too.
    Thanks for the clarification. I remember when talking to Mike about my DeSalvo Anniversary edition in 2009 him saying he had/or was going up there to work on batch of SV's.

Mindful Practitioner+Heart Attack Survivor+Plant Based Eater+Art Director+MA Psych Student+Ride Bikes+Boards…rarely all in the same day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got this built - first ride yesterday. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ If you look closely (with special glasses) you can see the electrons swirling :-)

Looking really good my friend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice ! How do you like the eTap ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Nice ! How do you like the eTap ?
    Only one ride but my initial impression was positive. It's intuitive and very easy to get used to the different shifting paradigm, even having come from campy. I only had one wrong shift early on in the ride. You can hop on it next time we get out together for a ride and see for yourself. When are you back in NorCal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by majl View Post
    Only one ride but my initial impression was positive. It's intuitive and very easy to get used to the different shifting paradigm, even having come from campy. I only had one wrong shift early on in the ride. You can hop on it next time we get out together for a ride and see for yourself. When are you back in NorCal?
    Tomorrow !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Tomorrow !
    Cool - let's ride this weekend. I'll e-mail you when plans firm up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks awesome, and I'm admittedly jealous of the eTap!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found this tread so I'll post a couple pics here too (posted in the postman thread)...

20160601_085616.jpg

1464743686728.jpg

IMG_20160531_222358.jpg

I really love it. I was fit by Sacha on the Taipei stop of the fit tour this spring. The bike just feels awesome. Regarding the OG thing, it's not an attempt to be hipster and yeah its corny. They try not to take themselves too seriously and its totally a nod towards that vibe. Given how my bike rides , I think the OG might be the best deal in bicycles at the moment. I know, mine has some serious upgrades over the OG and it is a custom geometry, but if I was looking to spend 5k on bike, the OG would be the one knowing what I know after riding mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice. I'm thinking of swapping my campy for eTap on my SV. Do you still like it?

Quote Originally Posted by majl View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful bike. I love the blue paint. Our bikes are similar and the more I ride it, the more I appreciate it. The ride truly is superior to my previous carbon bike, and stiffer than my (now ancient, circa 2002) custom Ti Seven Alta. The disc brakes are incredible; amazing modulation and the smoothness is sublime. I don't see going back to rim brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by docfink View Post
    Beautiful bike. I love the blue paint. Our bikes are similar and the more I ride it, the more I appreciate it. The ride truly is superior to my previous carbon bike, and stiffer than my (now ancient, circa 2002) custom Ti Seven Alta. The disc brakes are incredible; amazing modulation and the smoothness is sublime. I don't see going back to rim brakes.
    Thanks Man! Paint is such a personal thing, but I've not seen many SVs that I didn't like. My other bike is a 2012 Izlaco...hard to say which one is stiffer, it seems close, but I absolutely know which one rides better. I got the discs because it can be wet here with some really sketchy declines and I wanted the ability to run larger tires (these are 28's but could go a bit bigger). Agree, they are awesome. I have Chorus breaks and Shamals on my Focus and I must say the breaking on that bike is really great, but the discs are great with better modulation...should be better in the wet too. I don't race, this isn't a race bike, its a have fun on the roads (some primitive) of Taiwan bike. Hard to imagine a better set up for that and I plan to ride the crap out of it for many years here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hola

Mine still on its way from OR to Malaysia.

Jenn sent some pics before they ship out my bike
    Untitled by :::wshah:::, on Flickr

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Red ready to Rose Mountain Rumble. This is the bike setup for doing what it does best, just about anything. Took the fenders off and installed a setup Pasela TL 35's tubeless and way we go. That's one he!! of a great bike.

rumblevanilla.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Vanilla / Speedvagen

Anyone owns a SV ... and located in EU or UK? Just want to get an idea of the markup on price for import duties and taxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    nstalled a setup Pasela TL 35's tubeless

rumblevanilla.jpg
    Whuch Pasela tire are you running tubeless? Do they make a tubeless Pasela that I have somehow missed?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isaac, they have not updated their website to say that the Kevlar beaded Pasela is tubeless. I do not have the full story if it was a design change or they simply decided they were that good. In that picture the Pasela 35s are mounted on Ultegra wheels with a load of Stan's. I did install them with no goop to see if they would hold and they did pretty good. Once the valve area was sealed they hold air for days and the bead lock is very good. Again, I have no clue why the website has not been updated. My intel comes from the supplier direct and yes the saddle angle is hideous which I've corrected ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Vanilla / Speedvagen

Kuepe if you add shipping costs to the total purchase price, with US to UK conversion, fees, duties & handling charges you will be looking at circa 30%. Worth it though.