Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Tom Ritchey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tom Ritchey

Quote Originally Posted by snotrockets View Post
    I wonder if I could get that blue fork aftermarket…
    It doesn't look like they offer the unpainted version (yet) on the Ritchey web site. If they did, I'd suggest buying the fork then getting it painted by Rick at D+D Cycles, who painted all Ritchey's older frames and the current Heritage series.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Polack View Post
    It doesn't look like they offer the unpainted version (yet) on the Ritchey web site. If they did, I'd suggest buying the fork then getting it painted by Rick at D+D Cycles, who painted all Ritchey's older frames and the current Heritage series.
    I need to recoat/repaint my fork as it is, replacing it would be half the effort.
    But I'm not going to add another $100-200 to the cost of a new fork for repaint; either I'm replacing, or repainting. Not both.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like there is a carbon breakaway version of the new Outback being announced on Monday. According to Ritcheylogic Insta feed...
    IF Crown Jewel / Shand Stooshie / IF Club Racer Disc / Ritchey Steel Break-Away / Colnago Master X Light

Post Thanks / Like

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like

Last month, we passed Tom and his wife fixing a flat on Portola Road. My son was riding a bike he built that comes apart like a Ritchey Breakaway.
    The Breakaway idea was a good one.
    Mark Walberg
    Building bike frames for fun since 1973.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Getting pretty expensive now, although I guess it depends what you're comparing it to... I believe Explorateur could probably make you a custom travel bike for similar money. On the other hand this could in theory replace 3 or 4 of my current bikes...
    IF Crown Jewel / Shand Stooshie / IF Club Racer Disc / Ritchey Steel Break-Away / Colnago Master X Light

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is carbon, so I guess there might be fabrication issues that up the price in order to be thoroughly addressed.

Explorateur looks interesting, but they are all steel bikes. The Ritchey steel frames are half the price of their carbon offerings.

Both the Outback Carbon Breakaway and the Ascent Breakaway are on the Ritchey site now.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books