WP_20160323_19_47_17_Pro.jpg

Still so great to ride !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Time VXRS

Man, I'm having fun on that VX Edge lately. I'm amazed at how it evens out crappy roads and bumps, even with 25mm clinchers. It is so very different from my metal bikes with 28mm tires. You just stay seated in the saddle where other bikes knock me out of position.

Ironic really... the whole bike minus wheels cost me €500 + some work and replacement parts. But at the moment I'm prefering it over my $$$$ custom bikes. Super comfy, nice 'n light, stiff enough in the BB, snappy and responsive. And it's all 12 year old technology.

The only thing I'd change is stiffen up the flexy top tube a bit, but I guess it attributes to the super fluid ride sensation. I only notice it when seated and cornering hard, and after a couple of rides you get used to it. Out of the saddle the thing just goes and is stiff enough for me.

Makes me wonder what a modern Time Fluidity rides like...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi INDECS - your Time looks great - I can't place what exactly but it just looks really well set up (and immaculately clean!) with a purposeful stance. A lot of the 10sp Campy stuff is nicer looking than the latest, imho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Time ZXRS

TIME ZXRS ebene - final model year, now replaced by the Skylon. The superlatives you read & hear associated with TIME bikes rings true, at least for me. If the opportunity presents itself, try one. And do report back!IMG_1258.jpgIMG_0014.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Time Bicycles

Quote Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
    Hi INDECS - your Time looks great - I can't place what exactly but it just looks really well set up (and immaculately clean!) with a purposeful stance. A lot of the 10sp Campy stuff is nicer looking than the latest, imho.
    Thanks! I took that pic right after i finished the build... It's a bit dustier at the moment.
    Visually, the 10 speed stuff indeed looks the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by INDECS View Post

The only thing I'd change is stiffen up the flexy top tube a bit,
    Which is exactly what they changed after Boonen's input with the post edge models

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Time Speeder that I keep at my in-laws place on Oahu. We go back home at least once a year and stay for a few weeks at a time so renting a bike for ~$40/day while there was getting expensive and a hassle. Didnt know much about the frame but just got it on impulse Chainlove clearance for something like $450 in ~2011- may have been one of the last ones they had in stock? Built it up with some extra Campy parts, wheels I had on hand and turned out to be a really nice riding bike for well under $1K.

IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SteveP made me buy this. And I'm glad he did. This has been a real treat to ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_0745 (1).jpg

I had wanted a VXRS for years and finally pulled the trigger. I built it up the way I would have wanted in like 2005; yay Mavic brakes! What a great frame but unfortunately I'm sort of stuck between sizes and this one had to go to make room for the next flight of fancy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always wanted a RXR/RXRS/ZXRS series time. The right one came up for the right price, and I pulled the trigger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ That's awesome! ^^^^^
    Artie Deianni

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice with some action on the Time thread, here's my precious oneimage.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time VXR Proteam

My go to bike, freshly cleaned after a wet road ride this AM.

Changes from previous include, Infocrank power meter and Wheelworks Maker SL wheels.

G

IMG_20170314_170653.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, the Time VX Edge is a really cool bike and amazing value for the money. I am really enjoying riding mine. Light enough to be my climbing bike. B5AEC8E6-E5DA-4049-9CD2-D0B658BA9186.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by INDECS View Post
    Man, I'm having fun on that VX Edge lately. I'm amazed at how it evens out crappy roads and bumps, even with 25mm clinchers. It is so very different from my metal bikes with 28mm tires. You just stay seated in the saddle where other bikes knock me out of position.

Ironic really... the whole bike minus wheels cost me 500 + some work and replacement parts. But at the moment I'm prefering it over my $$$$ custom bikes. Super comfy, nice 'n light, stiff enough in the BB, snappy and responsive. And it's all 12 year old technology.

The only thing I'd change is stiffen up the flexy top tube a bit, but I guess it attributes to the super fluid ride sensation. I only notice it when seated and cornering hard, and after a couple of rides you get used to it. Out of the saddle the thing just goes and is stiff enough for me.

Makes me wonder what a modern Time Fluidity rides like...

Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIME VXRS 2004

Bought this couple days ago. Manufacture quality of the frame is just amazing. Zero tolerances and details, also former owner has really kept this in good shape. Weight without pedals 6,4Kg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merde! Brake lever isn't closed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been posting about this over here, but I thought I'd add more to this thread now that I know a Time-specific one exists...

This was (is) for sale, but the Covid situation has made me pause on that - mainly to avoid the need to go out unnecessarily. What that means is I have been riding it a bit more:

Somehow putting 28s on it transformed it. It is now a deliciously smooth ride but has lost none of its 'get-up-and-go'. It has really grown on me, despite being more aggressive in position than my Parlee (confession: I auto-piloted to my pre-Parlee fit when I set this up, so it is more aggressive than I intended).

It's not free of frustrations: The bottle cages are *awful* (hence the Arundels loaned from my Parlee in that ^^ pic), and the twin-bolt seatpost clamp (one bolt pinches against the frame like a normal seat clamp, the other against the seatpost itself) is devoid of any documentation on how to use it, so I have managed to crush the seatpost despite only ever torquing it to the spec that is printed on it. At least the Praxis BB30>Campag adapter is absolutely silent, which I am accrediting to Time's renowned build quality.

The seatpost issue means I'm going to replace the Time post with something else, which probably means I'll also change the stem to something matchy-matchy (the Paul Comp stem never sat right with me on this build anyway!). I'm trying to find something other than Zipp, but that's looking most likely unless I decide to spend out on some ridiculously priced light weight stuff...

I still don't like the slightly quirky paint design, but at least it's a subtle colour pairing. This lockdown is making me think I could happily keep this bike after all - especially if it does continue for some time (at the moment I'll be home-schooling my daughter until July regardless). If I do keep it, the paint will be sorted in the form of a clear lacquer to show off the delicious carbon with a single-colour down tube logo... but, knowing me, that is a big 'if'!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found with mine that the more I ride it, the more it reveals itself to me. No fancy components , it just gets on with job of being fantastic in a completely untroubled manner. The better shape I'm in, the more it gives in return.
    Lee James Jones
    105 fan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. No matter the effort level, my ZXRS always brings a grin to my face and leaves me wanting to push harder!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast