Thread: Seven Cycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Seven Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    The Enve 1.5" fork is, in my opinion, total shit. Does the 1.25" ride less like a 1 ton pickup?
    Only one ride on the 1 - 1/4 fork but it feels smoother than the 1.5. That's not to say the 1-1/4 is flexy by comparison to the 1.5 ... just smoother. So far, I'm pretty happy with the change ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Only one ride on the 1 - 1/4 fork but it feels smoother than the 1.5. That's not to say the 1-1/4 is flexy by comparison to the 1.5 ... just smoother. So far, I'm pretty happy with the change ...
    So you just switched the I7 (1.5") bottom headset race for the I8 (1.25")? Every day is a school day - I thought each required different internal head tube diameters, but clearly not!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Enve 1.5" fork is, in my opinion, total shit. Does the 1.25" ride less like a 1 ton pickup?
    I have one on my Gaulzetti. These things are ubiquitous, and IMHO they ride OK, not great. Plenty stiff for steering and all that, but get a C for chatteriness and road feel. I'm sure others disagree as it seems like so many framebuilders who know what they are doing use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    I have one on my Gaulzetti. These things are ubiquitous, and IMHO they ride OK, not great. Plenty stiff for steering and all that, but get a C for chatteriness and road feel. I'm sure others disagree as it seems like so many framebuilders who know what they are doing use them.
    I switch back and forth between my Corsa with a Enve 1.5 and a Signal with a steel fork. At the rear, the two ride pretty similar, a testament to the quality of the Corsa tubeset. The ride up front are polar opposites, with the Corsa being unduly harsh. I'd love something to take the edge off. I think the ubiquity is the result of a lack of suitable competition, not necessarily because its a product worthy of a really nice custom frame...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    I'm sure others disagree as it seems like so many framebuilders who know what they are doing use them.
    I wonder how much of that is customer demand on the assumption that "it's Enve therefore it must be the best one to use"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    So you just switched the I7 (1.5") bottom headset race for the I8 (1.25")? Every day is a school day - I thought each required different internal head tube diameters, but clearly not!
    Rich, both the I7 and I8 have a 44mm OD and fit 44mm head tubes. I think the I8 is relatively new from King.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I switch back and forth between my Corsa with a Enve 1.5 and a Signal with a steel fork. At the rear, the two ride pretty similar, a testament to the quality of the Corsa tubeset. The ride up front are polar opposites, with the Corsa being unduly harsh. I'd love something to take the edge off. I think the ubiquity is the result of a lack of suitable competition, not necessarily because its a product worthy of a really nice custom frame...
    2nd ride on the 1-1/4 last night. It's less harsh than the 1.5. Not flexy at all ... just less harsh. As a bonus the whole 1-1/4 aesthetic is better too in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To clarify, I'm not taking issue with the standard 1.125" HT fork - only the 1.5"...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    As a bonus the whole 1-1/4 aesthetic is better too in my opinion.
    Agreed. Trying to picture how it would look on my Corsa where I'd imagine the wall thickness makes the HT OD a few mm larger than that of your Seven.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    I wonder how much of that is customer demand on the assumption that "it's Enve therefore it must be the best one to use"?
    My guess is this^^^ plus the lack of available options.

I find the Enve forks to be overly harsh in 1 1/8" rim-brake as well as the 1.5" tapered disc forks I have. On one bike I replaced a 10 year old Mizuno (the one Pegoretti used to use) with an Enve and the ride got way worse and both bikes I have with disc Enve forks have a harsh front-end. The Cannondale's I have with 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" forks have a much nicer front-end feel.

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I like the basic Enve 2.0 caliper brake fork in straight 1-1/8". Nothing fancy, but comfy with ti frames. Using it in both 40 and 43 rakes, too. Maybe because I run 300mm or so steerer length, that helps smooth out the harshness a bit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of dirt road and trail riding coming up this summer. This was from today in Litchfield County.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo's by IronsightImages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best seatbag ever. I have two.

Are you using extralights, or standards on that rig? If EL's, any sidewall cuts on that sharp gravel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WFSTEKL View Post

Are you using extralights, or standards on that rig? If EL's, any sidewall cuts on that sharp gravel?
    Extralights all the way. I've had one sidewall cut in thousands of miles.

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WFSTEKL View Post
    Don't recognize the bag. What is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
    Don't recognize the bag. What is it?
    They're from Velo Colour: Saddle Bag 2. ($52 USD) / velocolour

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

image.jpg

Commuting is stressful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SignatureJustin View Post
    image.jpg

Commuting is stressful.
    How do you even handle all that traffic?
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought a used seven frame set and it has become one of if not THE nicest road frame I have ever ridden. The main triangle look a bit odd to me, and is a bout a centimeter longer then I would usually go for, but with that talk HT it has to be one of the smoothest most comfortable bikes I have ever ridden. Living the glamorous teacher life I have spent many many hours this summer on this thing. Fucking amazing flip got switched in my life and couldn't be happier with this thing.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Dave Bradley...not the grumpy old Hogwarts caretaker "Mr. Filch" or the star of American Ninja 3 and 4.

formerly "Mr.President"