Going on 11 years in the stable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Serottas

Ben Serotta interview on a recent edition of The Outspoken Cyclist.

https://outspokencyclist.com/2020/10...tober-17-2020/
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bencolem View Post
    Tidy.

If this ever goes on the block, @bencolem, talk to me first - I seem to recall we're a similar size; and the proportions of this look pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1993 Serotta Coors Light Team Bike

Sharing here for the folks who aren't across the hall......

63x60, 17.5HT

Pretty sure it was Chris Huber's race bike for the season given the measurements and ~80mm BB drop.

As an aside, Chris has been fun to chat to about the team and bike after we got connected - bike people are the best people.

Anyway, it was built by Mr. Kirk. And it turns out it was in fact shown here by another Paceline'r and Kirk aficionado already. Unfortunately I grabbed it off eBay before making that connection. I bought it to ride it, wanting to see what a race bike of that era felt like. And figured if I liked the geo it could serve as a template for the Kirk Onesto I just got in the queue for for later this year or early next.

So, I did a quick build with what was on hand - wanted to give it a ride while waiting for a few parts to come in.

The most difficult bit was the tire clearance - I had to go to Veloflex Corsa 25s on the wide Vision KOM wheels to get vertical clearance at the front brake. 25mm tubulars wouldn't fit.

Some 23mm Veloflex tubulars are inbound - thanks Kirk007 - then I can get the HED Stinger 4s back on it.

From there, it'll be a PMP ti post to match a Nitto cro-mo stem (120*17 - 31.8), new tape, Campy DT stops, and I'll be set.

First ride today was quite nice. There's a bit more drop on this compared to my Sachs, so that felt a little different. Overall though, it fits and handles quite nicely. It feels more quick handling - can really tell a difference in the shorter wheelbase. And the BB is pretty stiff comparatively. I could see this being a very fast bike back in the day with the right legs pushing the pedals!

Oh, and weight isn't bad for the size: right around 8.5kg.

I'm pretty happy with this one. It'll make a nice short-distance trainer I think, letting me save the Sachs for the longer weekend rides.

Better pics soon. The light wasn't working with me today and it was too dang cold to stand around futzing with stuff.

Ser_Coors_2.jpg

Coors_Fork.jpg

Ser_Coors_3.jpg

Ser_Coors_1.jpg
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super Serotta find, Mr. Clean! I put this photo of my 2013 Ottrott up across the hall as well. I rode it for about 2.5 hours the other day in the cold and it's just so stellar. Can't believe it's almost 8 years old!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Porter View Post
    Super Serotta find, Mr. Clean! I put this photo of my 2013 Ottrott up across the hall as well. I rode it for about 2.5 hours the other day in the cold and it's just so stellar. Can't believe it's almost 8 years old!
    That is beautiful Tim. Looks like cha-ching green? Perfect build (or as close as you can get without fully employing Campy in the effort...). A MeiVici or Ottrot like that will remain in my must-buy list, provided I find one with just the right dimensions - some day..
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minor update with the Nitto quill stem and some better photos - still a few more tweaks to make before I call it done..

PXL_20210121_232250719.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210121_232450743.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210121_232503129.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210121_232318705.PORTRAIT.jpg
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ready for some road time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the current owner of this is still kicking around here and gets tired of this one , Id buy it back in a heartbeat
    Even if Id be unlikely to travel with it these days.

my name is Matt

INSTA