Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142

Thread: Rock Lobster

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rock Lobster

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    Damn, that's a fine looking bike. Glad I did not see it first, that would have been tough to resist!

Are you sure that's an Ouzo Pro fork?
    The curve looks like it matches, and it has a carbon steerer. But there was no label on the steer tube. I'm not certain.

Regardless, the rear triangle looks like it can clear a 28c tire. If it can, I'll probably spring for an ENVE fork.

Post Thanks / Like

The fork looks like a Ritchey WCS Carbon? The leg profile and leg/dropout transition isn't quite right for an Ouzo Pro. The former as a 4mm shorter axle-to-crown (368mm) but that's not an easy thing to measure accurately.

Either way it's a great-looking bike and the fork suits it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robrixon View Post
    Indeed. I'll second the opinion that it's a Ritchey. And as somebody who recently swapped carbon forks on a Lobster, I'll say don't bother with the Enve. Unless there's something that really worries you about that one. The differences between good carbon forks are so minimal.
    Tödd Höllând

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate to buy shit we don't need. -- Tyler Durden

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robrixon View Post
    The fork looks like a Ritchey WCS Carbon? The leg profile and leg/dropout transition isn't quite right for an Ouzo Pro. The former as a 4mm shorter axle-to-crown (368mm) but that's not an easy thing to measure accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    Indeed. I'll second the opinion that it's a Ritchey. And as somebody who recently swapped carbon forks on a Lobster, I'll say don't bother with the Enve. Unless there's something that really worries you about that one. The differences between good carbon forks are so minimal.
    I think you guys are correct about the fork being a Ritchey. The dropouts/fork ends are distinct on this fork and the pictures I see online look like a dead match. Thank you!

I would only change to get more tire clearance, to be honest. The bike rides pretty nice with the 26c Panaracers I have, so the point may be moot.

Post Thanks / Like

That's my old bike.

The fork is a Ritchey WCS, 43mm rake.

57 c-c, 57.5 TT. Paul dropped the top tube 1.5cm -- it's actually a 55.5 c-c. BB drop is, I think, 73mm -- a little lower, which is what I wanted, and it's a sweet descending bike. 73 STA, 73 HTA.

Enjoy it!
    Robert Kendrick

my small corner of the poetry world:

http://robertleekendrick.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOOFUS View Post
    That's my old bike.
    What are you riding now Doc?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cs124 View Post
    What are you riding now Doc?
    A CAAD 10 that I got on closeout two years ago. I thrashed the 105, but just got a deal on an Ultegra group.

With the heat and humidity here, and my toxic sweat, I kind of nuked the powder coat on the Lobster -- hence the repaint it got.

I decided to move away from nice things. I'm into disposable AL frames.
    Robert Kendrick

my small corner of the poetry world:

http://robertleekendrick.net

Post Thanks / Like

A couple from first-ride-on-new-bike day. Been a long time coming, but she is pretty sweet. Also digging the compact so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOOFUS View Post
    That's my old bike.

The fork is a Ritchey WCS, 43mm rake.

57 c-c, 57.5 TT. Paul dropped the top tube 1.5cm -- it's actually a 55.5 c-c. BB drop is, I think, 73mm -- a little lower, which is what I wanted, and it's a sweet descending bike. 73 STA, 73 HTA.

Enjoy it!
    The geo/tubing/whatever else that you and Paul came up with makes for an excellent handling bike. Felt like home on the first ride!

Paul's answered emails immediately from me on more than one occasion, and still has incredibly reasonable pricing and turnaround time after all of his years in business. A custom Rock Lobster is the long and short of the list of custom bikes I would order in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Shee-it that's a cool one, BSUDude. I don't usually like red and black together like that either but whoa.