User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Roberts

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    That’s lovely. Exactly the kind of thing I’m looking for! What’s the sizing? Looks like my kind of proportions - not that you’re likely to sell, given that it’s only just landed...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Otahuhu, New Zealand
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    That’s lovely. Exactly the kind of thing I’m looking for! What’s the sizing? Looks like my kind of proportions - not that you’re likely to sell, given that it’s only just landed...
    About 59cm seat tube centre-top; 56-ish top tube.
    David Benson

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    Rich, I'm selling a rare Roberts CX bike, about a 55cm effective top tube. PM me if you want details.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Otahuhu, New Zealand
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    Roberts update.
    These Sweet Wings have been on the inventory without a suitable bike for a few years.
    There is plenty that could go wrong yet.
    Not my favourite chainrings but I already own them.

    9B7CC9FF-C998-4779-81F2-98AC5AE99DE2.jpg
    David Benson

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    Roberts update.
    These Sweet Wings have been on the inventory without a suitable bike for a few years.
    There is plenty that could go wrong yet.
    Not my favourite chainrings but I already own them.
    Presumably you also have a Cinelli Grammo quill stem c. 125mm just kicking around.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hillsdale NY
    Posts
    19,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    Roberts is one of the bikes I search for late night on eBay. A nice Max frameset is a real score, and you got both a Roberts and a Max. Congrats!
    Jorn Ake
    poet

    Flickr
    Books

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ludwigsburg, Germany
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    this just popped up again, never got around to unpacking and building mine.....one i sold to young racer for his winter bike. was built for my wionter comuter/trainer with mudcuards and 35 tyres with cantis. still got a compact with a mixture of max and spirit and one built with 853 traditional top tube which they repainted for me n i rode it about six times.... just gotta clear the garage out n then see whati can do with them. Id sell but they are odd sizes to go with my long top half......
    Savine Cycles
    savinecycles on Instagram

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    Roberts update.
    These Sweet Wings have been on the inventory without a suitable bike for a few years.
    There is plenty that could go wrong yet.
    Not my favourite chainrings but I already own them.

    9B7CC9FF-C998-4779-81F2-98AC5AE99DE2.jpg
    Yeah, those chainrings have always made me cringe a little. I almost feel like I should send you some others! Hard anodised Middleburns or Stronglight CT2s would be the go with those cranks I reckon...

    That tyre clearance is tight - is that a 22 or 25c Conti Comp on that wheel?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Otahuhu, New Zealand
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    That tyre clearance is tight - is that a 22 or 25c Conti Comp on that wheel?
    The tyres are 25s.
    It seems Im missing a couple of parts for the Sweet Wings, so I might revert to aluminium Record 10 cranks while I track them down.
    David Benson

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    It seems I’m missing a couple of parts for the Sweet Wings, so I might revert to aluminium Record 10 cranks while I track them down.
    Strip the whole thing and send it to me whilst you find those SweetWings parts - by the time you've found them I'll be ready to move it along again anyway, knowing me!

    My size, Max tubes, *and* purple. Hell, even my wife would approve...!

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Otahuhu, New Zealand
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Roberts

    Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    Strip the whole thing and send it to me whilst you find those SweetWings parts - by the time you've found them I'll be ready to move it along again anyway, knowing me!

    My size, Max tubes, *and* purple. Hell, even my wife would approve...!
    If the incoming Ritchey tandem becomes an all consuming project you’ll be the first to know
    David Benson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •