Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1151

Thread: Richard Sachs Bicycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Richard Sachs Bicycles

Brand new Sachs in signal green and Campy SR12. Final assembly today. First ride of 90+ miles tomorrow. Can't wait!

Although the yellow "Richard Sachs" doesn't pop against the green in my photos, it does in real life. Have another bottle cage on order and might switch to black bar tape.

Thanks so much, Richard, for the craft you put into this.

2018 09 28_New Richard Sachs bike in signal green (5) - small.jpg 2018 09 28_New Richard Sachs bike in signal green (3) - small.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That bike is dope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful color! Still surprises me to see a RS in anything other than Red, even after these past few years of "rebranding!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ride on the new Sachs is complete. Wow, I think it's the perfect bike for our local scenic, rough Texas Hill Country roads. It eats them alive. In contrast, my featherweight carbon race bike would have been pulverized. This is now my fourth steel bike, including a Fondriest Status (1998), a Pegoretti Responsorium (2010), and a Speedvagen (my race bike 2011-2015). All but the Fondriest are still ridden on a regular/weekly basis. After one ride, I'd rate the Sachs my favorite overall. Each excels at something, but the Sachs is so sharp and comfortable hammering on a long ride on rough roads and bad weather. After an eight year wait list, I'm so glad I put down that deposit way back when. And I felt good giving the bike a hard 92 mile first ride in some nasty weather. It's been well Christened.

Campy SR12 is nice. Shifting beats SR11. Only think I don't like as much are the hoods, which are narrower and fit my hands less comfortably. Didn't need the 32 rear today, but my normal weekly ride has a handful of 15-20 degree hill inclines, and I look forward to spinning up those for a change.

Final note on the bike color - signal green. That's my second favorite color on vintage Porsches after Mexico Blue. I asked Joe Bell, with whom I had also collaborated on my wife's Dave Kirk many years ago, whether he had done a signal green before. He had the color in his arsenal, but to his memory, hadn't used it on a Sachs. I considered various combos with it and decided to try yellow and white. He sent me a paint sample, and after seeing how well the yellow pops against the green in real life (though not in pictures), I went for it. Love love love it now that I have it. Hoping no one copies me, but if they do, I'll understand why. This bike is a keeper for life. It'll see some great roads in the coming decades. Thanks to Richard for accepting me as a client back in 2010.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montesquieu View Post
    First ride on the new Sachs is complete. Wow, I think it's the perfect bike for our local scenic, rough Texas Hill Country roads. It eats them alive. In contrast, my featherweight carbon race bike would have been pulverized. This is now my fourth steel bike, including a Fondriest Status (1998), a Pegoretti Responsorium (2010), and a Speedvagen (my race bike 2011-2015). All but the Fondriest are still ridden on a regular/weekly basis. After one ride, I'd rate the Sachs my favorite overall. Each excels at something, but the Sachs is so sharp and comfortable hammering on a long ride on rough roads and bad weather. After an eight year wait list, I'm so glad I put down that deposit way back when. And I felt good giving the bike a hard 92 mile first ride in some nasty weather. It's been well Christened.

Campy SR12 is nice. Shifting beats SR11. Only think I don't like as much are the hoods, which are narrower and fit my hands less comfortably. Didn't need the 32 rear today, but my normal weekly ride has a handful of 15-20 degree hill inclines, and I look forward to spinning up those for a change.

Final note on the bike color - signal green. That's my second favorite color on vintage Porsches after Mexico Blue. I asked Joe Bell, with whom I had also collaborated on my wife's Dave Kirk many years ago, whether he had done a signal green before. He had the color in his arsenal, but to his memory, hadn't used it on a Sachs. I considered various combos with it and decided to try yellow and white. He sent me a paint sample, and after seeing how well the yellow pops against the green in real life (though not in pictures), I went for it. Love love love it now that I have it. Hoping no one copies me, but if they do, I'll understand why. This bike is a keeper for life. It'll see some great roads in the coming decades. Thanks to Richard for accepting me as a client back in 2010.
    8 years, wow. Cool story.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I would love to have one of those bad boys. (All the above).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Ross, I like your style.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Sachs in Red

Just got it built up a couple of days ago. Talk about beautiful. Only two short rides in so far but seems to ride smooth as butter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Sachs in Red

Cool color

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gorgeous. But one question; Where does one find fall foliage in Cali? Hint: somewhere that requires excessive cross-chaining to ride to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You too could be stationed in lovely Lemoore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    Love this picture of your Sachs. What bar and stem are you using?

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That new red one up there ^^^, did you specify that you wanted it built for eTap? Notice the lack of cable fittings...

How close does that FD battery come to the rear tire? Is that a limitation to eTap?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    That new red one up there ^^^, did you specify that you wanted it built for eTap? Notice the lack of cable fittings...
    I'm sure he did, yes.

Mine was the first Sachs eTap bike Richard built. It works perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCT View Post
    ”...Mine was the first Sachs eTap bike Richard built. It works perfectly...”
    Nice! Are those also direct-mount brake calipers? I cannot tell from the photo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post

Like Darren said, the cable stays for derailleurs are absent.

How close does that FD battery come to the rear tire? Is that a limitation to eTap?
    Probably 1cm away with my skinny tires (22mm) so doesn’t seem to be a worry.