User Tag List

Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Sachs Bicycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Richard Sachs Bicycles

Quote Originally Posted by blue boy View Post
    Bob, your RS should be ready soon shouldn't it?
    "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This bike always delivers. Even though it's an old red one. I gravitate towards it always for when I ride alone like today. The cracked nemesis fits him so well too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody have pictures of one with skinny tires, dual pivots and the new livery?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purchased this Richard Sachs Pista off here late last year. I have wanted a Richard Sachs since I first started dreaming of custom bikes. I like the way in which he has stayed true to his craft and unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to join the list yet, so second hand was the only option.

I love racing the track. So when this bike came along in my size I purchased it sight unseen from fellow v-salon member Jonathon and had it shipped all the way to Australia with the intention of a full restoration. When I got it I found was a great old bike, that rode tight and true after all these years. I decided rather than fully restoring it, I would keep it all original and enjoy it as it was in 1975.

I took it to one of the world's best guy for this sort of stuff - Andy from Fyxomatosis.com / fyxo.co for advice and left it in his hands to work his magic. Life took me in a few different directions in the past 12 months (wedding, honeymoon, business, purchasing and renovating an old house) but this was always in my mind. It took a while to sort it all out and get happening, but now it is finally done I am ecstatic with the outcome!

Essentially it was just a new seatpost (the old one was a smaller size diameter than the seat tube with the bolt over tightened to hold it in place)
    Period correct (pre-loved) Campagnolo chain ring and bolts, rear cog with Campagnolo lock ring
    Cinelli 1A stem to match Cinelli bars with new kangaroo leather Patebury wrap
    NOS Campagnolo Nuovo Record pedals and toe clips with matching Patebury straps
    New FMB Pista tubulars as the old ones - although they held air - were well past their used by date if I wanted to ride it in anger...

I tried to keep it as original as I could because it was all in such great condition. It was unique with the paint color and everything the way it was that I wanted to preserve the originality of it all, but make sure everything was spot on again - there was a few bits missing from being period correct and I wanted to make sure it was all finished to a high standard - down to all the last bolts.

Here is a full feature of the finished bike - featured on Fyxo's gallery with specs - TK's Richard Sachs Pista - FYXO

I hope the v-salon community enjoy the pictures and appreciates the effort as well. Look forward to riding it on the boards soon!

Cheers,

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purity!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMK View Post
    This full frontal is perfect with that backdrop. Nicely done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally digging the vintage campy pista crankset. Who drilled that fork is the question !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding was Richard drilled it back in 1975 for his customer who he built it for who did not like riding it on the track. The brake is now gone, but it is all part of the history.

... long before the rules of what was PC were nutted out by the cool kids on the streets of NYC and SF.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey this is cool - thanks for sharing atmo.

I purchased this Richard Sachs Pista off here late last year. I have wanted a Richard Sachs since I first started dreaming of custom bikes. I like the way in which he has stayed true to his craft and unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to join the list yet, so second hand was the only option.

I love racing the track. So when this bike came along in my size I purchased it sight unseen from fellow v-salon member Jonathon and had it shipped all the way to Australia with the intention of a full restoration. When I got it I found was a great old bike, that rode tight and true after all these years. I decided rather than fully restoring it, I would keep it all original and enjoy it as it was in 1975.

I took it to one of the world's best guy for this sort of stuff - Andy from Fyxomatosis.com / fyxo.co for advice and left it in his hands to work his magic. Life took me in a few different directions in the past 12 months (wedding, honeymoon, business, purchasing and renovating an old house) but this was always in my mind. It took a while to sort it all out and get happening, but now it is finally done I am ecstatic with the outcome!

Essentially it was just a new seatpost (the old one was a smaller size diameter than the seat tube with the bolt over tightened to hold it in place)
    Period correct (pre-loved) Campagnolo chain ring and bolts, rear cog with Campagnolo lock ring
    Cinelli 1A stem to match Cinelli bars with new kangaroo leather Patebury wrap
    NOS Campagnolo Nuovo Record pedals and toe clips with matching Patebury straps
    New FMB Pista tubulars as the old ones - although they held air - were well past their used by date if I wanted to ride it in anger...

I tried to keep it as original as I could because it was all in such great condition. It was unique with the paint color and everything the way it was that I wanted to preserve the originality of it all, but make sure everything was spot on again - there was a few bits missing from being period correct and I wanted to make sure it was all finished to a high standard - down to all the last bolts.

Here is a full feature of the finished bike - featured on Fyxo's gallery with specs - TK's Richard Sachs Pista - FYXO

I hope the v-salon community enjoy the pictures and appreciates the effort as well. Look forward to riding it on the boards soon!

Cheers,

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just made sure it will be around for another 35+ years. Glad you enjoyed it. I cant imagine it now with fresh paint and decals and all NOS parts... I am so happy with how it has ended up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
    That's basically what I keep telling myself about mine, too. But I need my bank account to be ready as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
    I need my bank account to be ready as well...
    I started a thread over on the roadbikereview.com forum back when I first sent my deposit to richie, which somehow turned into a multipage dissertation on investment strategies... Cliff Notes: The long lead time is an assett to making sure your "bank account is ready".

The combination of my rigorous savings discipline, one or two unexpected windfalls, and some surprisingly short-term/high-yield CDs that I was able to take advantage of during the intervening years, means that when I finally take delivery of my Sachs I fully expect to have enough cash leftover to...well, frankly, buy another Sachs. Seriously.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    I started a thread over on the roadbikereview.com forum back when I first sent my deposit to richie, which somehow turned into a multipage dissertation on investment strategies... Cliff Notes: The long lead time is an assett to making sure your "bank account is ready".

The combination of my rigorous savings discipline, one or two unexpected windfalls, and some surprisingly short-term/high-yield CDs that I was able to take advantage of during the intervening years, means that when I finally take delivery of my Sachs I fully expect to have enough cash leftover to...well, frankly, buy another Sachs. Seriously.
    It's called Goldman AND Sachs for a reason atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--- just like making a bet on "SECRETARIAT.."

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These pictures look like they belong in a fine magazine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great wheels on a great bike. Loving this combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    It's called Goldman AND Sachs for a reason atmo.
    There is a t-shirt in the making here....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Battle Dress
    photo.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone out there have the new look? if so, would love to see it.