User Tag List

Thread: Merlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Merlin

Nice to have my old friend back. Favorite currentish parts, and that sumptuous ride. In love again... skinny tires and all...

Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

Steven Chu, a former Secretary of Energy who often gives talks on climate change, tells audiences that if cows were a country their emissions “would be greater than all of the E.U., and behind only China and America.” Every four pounds of beef you eat contributes to as much global warming as flying from New York to London—and the average American eats that much each month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Merlin

Is that a late model Cyrene? That etching is just beautiful. The Cyrene and the Cielo (Ti/Carbon version) are two of my most desired bikes. Lovely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    Is that a late model Cyrene? That etching is just beautiful. The Cyrene and the Cielo (Ti/Carbon version) are two of my most desired bikes. Lovely.
    Good eyes! (Bad pic, I do it justice when I get a chance...) Either late Somerville or early Colorado. Art you can ride for sure!
    Guy Washburn

Steven Chu, a former Secretary of Energy who often gives talks on climate change, tells audiences that if cows were a country their emissions “would be greater than all of the E.U., and behind only China and America.” Every four pounds of beef you eat contributes to as much global warming as flying from New York to London—and the average American eats that much each month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    "...Nice to have my old friend back..."
    Was it away in the bicycle shop for a nice seasonal overhaul?
    I enjoy occasionally having my bicycles totally disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, and reassembled.
    They just seem tighter and faster afterwards...even if only psychologically. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wanted a Cyrene. Easily one of the most beautiful production frames ever made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Was it away in the bicycle shop for a nice seasonal overhaul?
    I enjoy occasionally having my bicycles totally disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, and reassembled.
    They just seem tighter and faster afterwards...even if only psychologically. :-)
    No, it had been stripped of drive train parts (kept the lovely DA7800 brakes) and was put away, waiting for a change of cycling affection or style.
    Guy Washburn