Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lemond

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lemond

I really like my lemond. Picked up just the frame with the intentions of building a no bs secondary road bike, so I used a reynolds ouzo pro fork since I figured it would match. The handling is the bike's greatest strength imo, it's exceptionally responsive (much moreso than my caad10 which I don't consider aggressive feeling anyway) but still stable at high speeds. Generally confidence inspiring. I guess the 55 (56.5 tt) lemond geometry just does it for me. Smooth ride, the seat stays are quite thin. It's sporting some vintage 10 speed ultegra components and neuvation wheels. Nothing fancy besides debatably the king headset and carbon railed aliante. Weighs in the low 19lb range with pedals which I'm pleased with.

mf8W0D7.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Poprad Disc,
    I found this NOS frame and fork, built with Sram force, powerarm cranks, square campy bb, ck headset, deda cockpit, novatech custom tuned hubs (135) on drc rims and hutchinson sector tubeless 28.

Looooving it :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolberto hipsterdor View Post
    I really like my lemond.

mf8W0D7.jpg
    Dig the Belgian colour scheme.
    . K R I S T O F . D ' H A E S E L E E R .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2002 Lemond Victoire. Though I preferred pre-Trek era frames, ended up riding this bike the most

image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2005(?) LeMond Reno.
    My first road bike, cobbled together in 2012 with a mix of new and old parts. I 'rescued' the abandoned frameset from a friends basement after he moved on to something more exotic.
    Its last outing was this year's Taconic 150, after which I decided that a slightly-too-small out-dated Aluminium frame was just too damn stiff for me. Climbed and sprinted nicely enough though.
    The frameset is now for sale on CL NYC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt35built View Post
    Here's mine.

Nice Lemond. Pls post close-ups.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of these frames came to me by happenstance but have both been absolute joys.

I really wish I had kept this frame. My first "race bike" ;)

This one is a recent and fun acquisition. The first bike I have owned with 6800 and I can say that it is completely stunning. The brakes are anchors and the front shifts like a dream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trek came out with a line of bikes they are calling the Emonda. John Burke, the president of Trek is a tool. After what they did to Greg and their insistence that Nobody should speak out against doping, I'll never buy a Trek again ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've owned this Poprad frame since new, as it was purchased from a Trek factory gent who added canti studs to a disc frame and painted it a custom metallic blue to match the Cane Creek headset. I originally built it with Dura Ace 7700 9-speed and fenders and it has served me well as a wet road/foul weather bike. It's smooth, handles well and very stable...hands free riding as some might say.

Having the same disease as most of you here, I stripped and sold the 7700 group along with the wheels and she's all prepped and waxed for the installation of a really nice 10-speed Centaur group...mix of alloy and carbon parts. I have a set of silver Campag hubs laced to some dark Open Pro rims that I'll start off with and see where it goes. I'm kicking around replacing the fenders with the Portland Design Works city fenders and I've been running 32mm Gatorskins with good success. There's a set of Record/Reflex tubulars in my garage waiting for some glue and tires...we shall see.

Down the road, if I were going to have a frame built, it would have many of the same attributes as the Poprad...steel, longer chainstays and the ability to run wider tires and fenders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DG62 View Post
    Here's my 1997 Buenos Aires frame. It was hanging up in my garage for about ten years with paint peeled from the head tube and top tube. I sent it off to Spectrum Powderworks just after the new year for a re-paint. Originally it was red, but I decided try a different look. I hope to have it re-built by the summer.
    DSCF1790.jpg

Wow. I'm surprised nobody else picked this up. It's so obvious. Spectrum really screwed up the font and logo on your repainted Lemond. Compare to other older Lemond frames with the cursive type of script. What Spectrum did is pretty bad. The Lemond name and logo is one word, not two. It's "LEMOND", not "LE MOND". The typeface isn't even the same style used in any logos for past Lemond bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progress photos taken on a bud's porch last evening...build report to follow upon completion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    I've owned this Poprad frame since new, as it was purchased from a Trek factory gent who added canti studs to a disc frame and painted it a custom metallic blue to match the Cane Creek headset. I originally built it with Dura Ace 7700 9-speed and fenders and it has served me well as a wet road/foul weather bike. It's smooth, handles well and very stable...hands free riding as some might say.

Having the same disease as most of you here, I stripped and sold the 7700 group along with the wheels and she's all prepped and waxed for the installation of a really nice 10-speed Centaur group...mix of alloy and carbon parts. I have a set of silver Campag hubs laced to some dark Open Pro rims that I'll start off with and see where it goes. I'm kicking around replacing the fenders with the Portland Design Works city fenders and I've been running 32mm Gatorskins with good success. There's a set of Record/Reflex tubulars in my garage waiting for some glue and tires...we shall see.

Down the road, if I were going to have a frame built, it would have many of the same attributes as the Poprad...steel, longer chainstays and the ability to run wider tires and fenders.

I helped a buddy of mine buy this same bike last year and I was so jealous, as it was even my size. It is his first 'road bike' and he loves it. It was in great shape, had an Ultegra 6600 group that shifted flawlessly and some low count Bontrager/DT wheels for about $600 (!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here she goes...Poprad v2.0. Believe it or not I've been riding this frame for almost seven years and being such a versatile bike, I decided that a refresh was in order. The build includes a 10 speed Campag Centaur group, with individual parts sourced from the here and across the hall. 32h Record hubs laced to Reflex rims with 27mm Vittoria Pave tubulars for the wheelset, and Tektro cants, Deda bars, Bontrager post and an Aliante make up the rest of the build. Perhaps v3.0 might see a disc fork and a brake change in the future. Fenders will be mounted this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is beautiful. Nice job!!
    Digging the center pull brakes too.

Artie Deianni

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    That is beautiful. Nice job!!
    Digging the center pull brakes too.

Thanks Artie...here's a side shot for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poprad SR East.jpg

I've had the fenders on the Poprad since August and this weekend the bike saw its first decent rain duty...previous rides have either been on dry or slightly wet roads. Much more to come as we are into Fall and approaching Winter. I'm a bit anxious about running tubulars in the wet; actually I'm anxious about repairing them in the wet is more like it. We shall see as the current tires are black Vittoria 27mm Pave tubulars and they seemed to have handled the wet roads, leaves and worms pretty well this past Sunday...I pulled a photo from the ride thread. She's sporting a new Cambium C15 and Anhaica tool roll to keep up with the Weigle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautifully done, really nice blue as well! I hope its still in that condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taken today on a little mid-ride break...old reliable still cranks out the wet miles.
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic beauty RW. I've got a titanium Lemond frame gathering dust in the garage that I should do something with.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast