Thread: LandShark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: LandShark

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    Name a stiffer fork that is better looking than the Edge/Enve.
    The edge/enve painted to match. there, just as stiff and better looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by appolocreed View Post
    That fork looks like shit on there. Period. No way can you say with a straight face that it compliments the rest of that build. I'm not saying it's not stiff, light, fast as greased boogers, but come on now. Big ass tribal back assward logo and all? C'mon now. That frame looks fantastic and that fork just kicks your eyes right in the nuts. If that fork is painted to match the red, that thing is money. Hell I'll put my money where my mouth is and even pay for the rattle can and some 220 grit. It looks like an Edge bike with a Land Shark frame. Trust me, I have some ugly shit of my own so it's just my opinion.
    That was one of those cases where someone fairly gently gave you a head's up that you were veering into 'being a dick' territory and then, instead of taking their warning to heart, you had to go in full bore just to prove that you could be a dick if you want to, damnit, no matter what anybody else says, wasn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That fork looks like shit on there. Period. No way can you say with a straight face that it compliments the rest of that build. I'm not saying it's not stiff, light, fast as greased boogers, but come on now. Big ass tribal back assward logo and all? C'mon now. That frame looks fantastic and that fork just kicks your eyes right in the nuts. If that fork is painted to match the red, that thing is money. Hell I'll put my money where my mouth is and even pay for the rattle can and some 220 grit. It looks like an Edge bike with a Land Shark frame. Trust me, I have some ugly shit of my own so it's just my opinion.
    Happy to take up a collection to have the fork painted to match the frame. Just shoot me your email, and I'll send you a paypal invoice. Also, if you don't mind asking John Slawta for the color code, I'd hate to have the fork off by a shade or two. It just kills my aesthetic sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oy vey, that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbh View Post
    Some pics of my recently built up Landshark Max tubed cross bike painted in 7-11 replica colors. The blue is actually more on the green side, but it's hard to pic up on the camera. It's currently kitted out with a mix of Chorus and Centaur 10speed, TRP8.4 mini V's and an Ultegra crank with FSA chainrings. I had the crank in the parts bin and couldn't justify the $200+ for a Campy cross specific crank with that crappy powertorque BB they're using. Plus I think Shimano BB's hold up better in the muck. It's got a pair of Nemesis rims laced to record hubs, which will do double duty as cross wheels this fall. I sold my Ridley X-Fire to pick this up. The shark has more roadish geometry than the Ridley, which with it's tall headtube made me feel like I was riding higher than I was normally accustomed to. I'm also a sucker for Max tubing.

Attachment 54336Attachment 54335

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by solfege View Post
    That was one of those cases where someone fairly gently gave you a head's up that you were veering into 'being a dick' territory and then, instead of taking their warning to heart, you had to go in full bore just to prove that you could be a dick if you want to, damnit, no matter what anybody else says, wasn't it?
    So to be clear, people post pics of their rides on here to get other peoples opinion, but If their opinion isn't all roses and sunshine it's considered being a dick? I just love the frame and I think the fork ruins the look. Nothing more. Wasn't being a "dick", just an opinion. Other people like the look of the fork, I didn't call them names for having that opinion. I guess I could have expressed my opinion in a more positive manner though, so point taken and thank you.
    Last edited by appolocreed; 05-11-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbh View Post
    Happy to take up a collection to have the fork painted to match the frame. Just shoot me your email, and I'll send you a paypal invoice. Also, if you don't mind asking John Slawta for the color code, I'd hate to have the fork off by a shade or two. It just kills my aesthetic sense.
    Apologies dbh. Best of luck with the Land Shark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galleries are simply pictures. Not a voting booth.

Moving on....

Anyone on VS riding a Carbon Shark? If so let's see more pictures Yo!!

-Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So to be clear, people post pics of their rides on here to get other peoples opinion, but If their opinion isn't all roses and sunshine it's considered being a dick? I just love the frame and I think the fork ruins the look. Nothing more. Wasn't being a "dick", just an opinion. Other people like the look of the fork, I didn't call them names for having that opinion. I guess I could have expressed my opinion in a more positive manner though, so point taken and thank you.
    By the time you were done there you acknowledged the point that everyone was making in the first place, which is that there are ways of offering constructive criticism that don't begin by saying a bunch of nasty and dismissive shit and then try to take the edge off of that with a half-hearted 'nice bike' at the end. In other words, it's perfectly possible to offer criticism or suggestions without being a dick. But even here, you're still repeating the same pattern. First, say the most aggressive and nasty shit that comes to mind, then try to qualify it and pretend you're being reasonable. No matter that in doing so, you end up completely contradicting yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just a bike. If I had the $ or really just the inclination, I'd get the fork painted. Now can't we move onto the more important things in life like making fun of backwards forwards Serottas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by solfege View Post
    By the time you were done there you acknowledged the point that everyone was making in the first place, which is that there are ways of offering constructive criticism that don't begin by saying a bunch of nasty and dismissive shit and then try to take the edge off of that with a half-hearted 'nice bike' at the end. In other words, it's perfectly possible to offer criticism or suggestions without being a dick. But even here, you're still repeating the same pattern. First, say the most aggressive and nasty shit that comes to mind, then try to qualify it and pretend you're being reasonable. No matter that in doing so, you end up completely contradicting yourself.
    -My original comment was about the fork, nothing else.
    -I'll notify the people at Websters that two people now qualifies as "everyone".
    -I admitted fault in the way I chose to express my opinion, apologized to the poster of the pic, and wished him best of luck with his ride, and moved on accordingly.
    -If you would like to designate yourself the forum sheriff and say who can do or say what, or tell me what the proper way is to express my opinions or criticisms, I'll do this all day.
    -And since you insisted on bringing it up again, I still think the fork looks like shit.

Let's remember my original post was "Ugh, that fork. When will they go away".

A little touchy, aren't we?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry dbh, I was typing that when your post snuck in.

Going to ride my pink Centurion on the trainer now. Like I said, I have some ugly shit of my own lol. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem comes when you criticize a bike that is functionally badass because it doesn't align with your aesthetic preferences. in that case, i think it makes sense just to keep the comment to yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashwa64 View Post
    the problem comes when you criticize a bike that is functionally badass because it doesn't align with your aesthetic preferences. in that case, i think it makes sense just to keep the comment to yourself.
    Is that your opinion that it's "functionally badass" or did you ride it personally?

If you can't speak for the actual functionality, and you are looking at a picture posted on a forum, aren't the aesthetics a more appropriate thing to comment on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This forum kills me.....a fella can't give his honest opinion without being slated, some of members have the knack of expressing themselves better than others, its only a bike. If we all had the same taste we'd all have tried to marry my wife but natch I got her cos I'm better looking than the rest of ya!!!! Don't slate me now cos I called you all ugly its just my opinion ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, post a pic of the wife now :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can't tell from the pic + the builder is john slawta that this is a badass bike? sure -- comment on the aesthetics...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little touchy, aren't we?
    Right back at you, dude. Right back at you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this, bikeforums? Somebody post some Land Sharks.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashwa64 View Post
    you can't tell from the pic + the builder is john slawta that this is a badass bike? sure -- comment on the aesthetics...
    You can continue to beat on me, as I said earlier, I'll be here all day. I don't like what that particular fork does to the overall appearance of the bike. Your opinion will not alter mine, nor do I wish for my opinion to alter yours.. I consider the fork part of the bike, not merely just aesthetics. To back that up, bikes are most commonly purchased as "complete bike" or "frame and fork". So common that they both even have their own respective catagories on ebay. There is a reason for that in my opinion, because they look best when they match. This forum has equal love for both sides, which I completely understand. I can't remember seeing many (if any) Gaulzettis with an unmatched fork, and I can't recall many Spookys WITH a matched fork. To each his own. Again, I just don't like what that fork does to the overall appearance to that bike, and no amount of pressure form anyone will change that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    What is this, bikeforums? Somebody post some Land Sharks.
    I'll do what I can to help. This one isn't mine...but I'd happily ride it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast