Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: Kirk Frameworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Kirk Frameworks

I love this bike. A year and a couple thousand miles later, it's still everything I could have asked for and probably the only bike I actually "need"......

Kirk MRB | Castor n' Pollux (on deck)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a little while since I posted one up..

I just turned over 3,000mi on my Kirk and it is now my only road bike - and will remain such for the foreseeable future.

Recent changes include going to Schwalbe G-One Speed 30mm tires, setup tubeless, mostly because I had to pull them off another wheelset I had and they had good sealant in them, so why not? So that, and back to an ENVE post to match the bars and put an 11-32 R8000 cassette on there. I switched out to a Spesh Power Arc Expert saddle, because I can never get settled in that department. Up soon will be wrapping some Silca bar tape and installing a Phil headset to match the hubs, plus trying VO polished black brakes to better match the hubs and headset. I do also have a second wheelset for more spirited days - HED Ardennes Plus SL Black with GP5K-TL 25s and a DA 11-30. Getting my tinkering fix by playing with one bike instead of four is somewhat easier and somehow more fun too.

And one of the lovely details at the back end - if only I'd gotten the Sugar Wheelworks sticker in the photo too.. I really love the sound of these hubs. And they do seem to spin forever.

Kirk MRB | Castor n' Pollux (on deck)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gets me every time.

I’ve got a lovely set of carbon fenders that would look amazing on that... (but I’m not sure I can bring myself to let them go as I’m convinced I’ll get a rain bike some day!).

Oh, and...

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    {snip} I switched out to a Spesh Power Arc Expert saddle, because I can never get settled in that department. {snip}
    ...can I recommend SQlab? I tried one circa 4yrs ago after about 6yrs of switching saddles almost monthly - I don’t run anything else now.

And yes, this rings true:

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    Getting my tinkering fix by playing with one bike instead of four is somewhat easier and somehow more fun too.
    Even when I do have two bikes I find myself spending more time riding and tinkering with one most of the time; but then when I decide to start tinkering with the other they switch places.