Thread: Independent Fabrication

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Independent Fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by darkmother View Post
    ^That looks like a fun bike! What mini V calipers are those? Do they play well with 11s Shimano levers?
    It’s a great bike that does it all nicely. Mini v’s are TRP CX-9. I’ve used them with both campy and shimano levers and both play really well. Can sometimes feel a little grabby - not sure if that’s the pads that I’m running in there atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Matt, you’re always climbing off this bike to take a picture. It’s clearly no fun for you to ride. I’ll try it—let me send you my address.
    $8,000 via PayPal and it’s yours (then I’d just order two more exactly like it)

Swapping from 35mm G Ones to these 32mm Panaracers feels like cheating. I also think the Fulcrums are slightly faster than the DT Swiss though I’m sure that’s all in my head.

Airedale,those Rapha Indys are sweet.

my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    It’s a great bike that does it all nicely. Mini v’s are TRP CX-9. I’ve used them with both campy and shimano levers and both play really well. Can sometimes feel a little grabby - not sure if that’s the pads that I’m running in there atmo.
    I will second that about the brakes. I have them on a bike with Ultegra and work well. They stop quickly which has kept out of trouble in city riding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post

Swapping from 35mm G Ones to these 32mm Panaracers feels like cheating. I also think the Fulcrums are slightly faster than the DT Swiss though I’m sure that’s all in my head.

Airedale,those Rapha Indys are sweet. ...
    I like DT, but Campagnolo/Fulcrum wheels seem to come with extra speed built into them. Whatever magic sauce gets used, it is working.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post

Airedale,those Rapha Indys are sweet.

Is that a Club Racer? I'm 95% of the way to ordering one but I can't find much about recent IF frames. How do you like it?

You have great looking bikes. That red one, too--sheesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samkl View Post
    Is that a Club Racer? I'm 95% of the way to ordering one but I can't find much about recent IF frames. How do you like it?

You have great looking bikes. That red one, too--sheesh.
    It's a Planet X. I was indifferent between a P-X or Club Racer- just told them I wanted room for 35mm gravel tires and 32mm slicks and was not planning to race it, so they recommended P-X with the Mini Motos.
    My full writeup on acquiring this one is a few pages back in this thread but overall, I am loving the bike. Basically riding it for everything except chunkier gravel (I have a 650b bike with discs). Indy Fab was easy to deal with, and they delivered right as promised- think it was 13-14 weeks.
    my name is Matt