Thread: Independent Fabrication

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Independent Fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by craigsvagen View Post
    I'm sure this dates me, but when I worked at Matthews it was before they ever had the second shop...I learned the sales biz from Mr. Matthews himself! Then he took off and the shop got a lot more fun to work at ;-)

yeah, I've got a good friend in Anderson, next time I set up a ride with him
    I'll shoot you a PM. As ling as you don't mind riding 'new dad' speed...

Again, seriously gorgeous ride...congrats

craig.

Brother, do you worry, we can have fun regardless of speed. I moved to this area (fishers) in about 2001 and didn't know Old Man Matthews. Still a good shop, loads of new ones have cropped up that do a great job.

Shoot me a pm when you are up this way next time.

I do know dayton a bit, father was stationed at Wright Pat AFB back in the day. Love the planes and the history.
    Dave Bradley...not the grumpy old Hogwarts caretaker "Mr. Filch" or the star of American Ninja 3 and 4.

formerly "Mr.President"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.President View Post
    OK here it is.

I wanted to move back to a 29er and wanted to go rigid as well simply for the simpleness of it. The Niner fork was appealing to me and I thought we could come up with a cool paint scheme for it. It is suspension corrected so that if I ever wanted to go with a suspension I could.

The fork is a Niner fork and the black crown logo is the exposed raw carbon of the fork. ok, the pink spacers are gone no thanks to CK's terrible customer service and the banjo on the rear brake has been fixed.

That 29er is my favorite IF ever. The Niner fork makes a great canvas. Well done!!! Thanks for posting photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Britishbane, so sorry, I just saw your query about Bucks County. I'm out there about 3-4 times a month in Tinicum Township, about 10-12 miles north of New Hope. Speaking of hope, I hope you're talking about a road ride, but I could try to get the courage to do some moutain biking if we take it ez. My talents definitely favor the road . . . . I certainly have the bike for offroad, though, and am working on it when I can.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.President View Post
    OK here it is.

I wanted to move back to a 29er and wanted to go rigid as well simply for the simpleness of it. The Niner fork was appealing to me and I thought we could come up with a cool paint scheme for it. It is suspension corrected so that if I ever wanted to go with a suspension I could.

The fork is a Niner fork and the black crown logo is the exposed raw carbon of the fork. ok, the pink spacers are gone no thanks to CK's terrible customer service and the banjo on the rear brake has been fixed.
    Nice job on the 29er. Color / details are nice. Has to be one sweet ride too. If I head to Brown County this year I'll drop you a note. Maybe we can hit some trails.
    Aiming to KICK cancer's butt this time around
    Dancing with NED, raising funds for METS research

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyChix View Post
    Nice job on the 29er. Color / details are nice. Has to be one sweet ride too. If I head to Brown County this year I'll drop you a note. Maybe we can hit some trails.

Would love to meet up! Sounds great. Shoot me a line when you think you might be down here.
    Dave Bradley...not the grumpy old Hogwarts caretaker "Mr. Filch" or the star of American Ninja 3 and 4.

formerly "Mr.President"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Porter View Post
    Britishbane, so sorry, I just saw your query about Bucks County. I'm out there about 3-4 times a month in Tinicum Township, about 10-12 miles north of New Hope. Speaking of hope, I hope you're talking about a road ride, but I could try to get the courage to do some moutain biking if we take it ez. My talents definitely favor the road . . . . I certainly have the bike for offroad, though, and am working on it when I can.

Tim
    My talents favor neither the road or the mountain. I'm up for whatever. Shoot you a PM next time I'm headed up there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SSR re-dux

My "new-to-me" SSR used to live in Jacksonville wearing SR11.
    Tyler helped me get the fork painted to match, and now it lives near Stanford with a more modest attire
    Frame was 1500g and is 17.2#'s built including cages and DA-7810's. First ride this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pdmtong -- Wow...that looks fantastic! But I tell you, it is just begging for some white bar tape Jacksonville? It used to live just a few hours away from me...and I spent the first 12 years of my life in that town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
    pdmtong -- Wow...that looks fantastic! But I tell you, it is just begging for some white bar tape Jacksonville? It used to live just a few hours away from me...and I spent the first 12 years of my life in that town.
    Jacksonville...home of a vsalonista who is a huge IF fan

I know I know. But, I wanted to try the fizik dual. If its too thick, then yea, back to fizik white. Doubt it though, since loving my giro zero gloves and the dual has a little bit more cushion than std.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks great. I didnt think it could look any better than the initial build but the painted fork just kills it.

Glad to see it finally built up. Only been 9 months :)

Let us know how you like it once you get some riding in

Ryun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
    Jacksonville...home of a vsalonista who is a huge IF fan

I know I know. But, I wanted to try the fizik dual. If its too thick, then yea, back to fizik white. Doubt it though, since loving my giro zero gloves and the dual has a little bit more cushion than std.
    So who's in Jax?

I've been wanting to try the Fizik dual too, so let me know how you like it. I'm also interested in your review of the Giro Zero gloves. It is time for some new gloves and I like ones with minimal padding. As for the white Fizik tape, I think you need the one that has the black lettering on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're going to walk on thin ice you might as well dance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    If you're going to walk on thin ice you might as well dance.

Is that a new road frame?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a dead sexy beginning though!

formerly "Mr.President"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrooge View Post
    Is that a new road frame?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please tell me you are coming down to Pisgah this summer? Want to introduce myself of course, but a few mates as well.

formerly "Mr.President"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
    So who's in Jax?
    I've been wanting to try the Fizik dual too, so let me know how you like it. I'm also interested in your review of the Giro Zero gloves. It is time for some new gloves and I like ones with minimal padding. As for the white Fizik tape, I think you need the one that has the black lettering on it
    Our man Ryun is in Jax!

I've got two rides on it now...25 miles of roilling up down and 35 miles of mostly UP and then mostly DOWN. Is this how all steel bikes ride? I think I just had an epiphany! The SSR is really really smooth and it feels just great in corners, at speed and jumping out of the saddle. ..

I like the dual tape. I'm using it on a ritchey evolution which has an ovalized flat section. it builds up a bit thicker that the std microtex, and it has "ribs" and a slightly tackier feel. I think the combination with the zeros will be ideal (and, i did like the zeros with the std microtex for minimalist reasons.) roads here are pretty good, so you get the protection but not the bulk of padded gloves.

I've washed my zeros and line dried them probably 50 times now and they are still looking good. YMMV but for me they are keepers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryun View Post
    It looks great. I didnt think it could look any better than the initial build but the painted fork just kills it.

Glad to see it finally built up. Only been 9 months :)

Let us know how you like it once you get some riding in

Ryun
    Embarassing that babies are born faster than it took me to get it built...worth the wait...the bike delivers in spades.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pdm; that bike looks fantastic.. It is helping me get excited for my Hampsten Max which will be arriving soon in a similar blue.

Ride it!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Z3c View Post
    Pdm; that bike looks fantastic.. It is helping me get excited for my Hampsten Max which will be arriving soon in a similar blue. Ride it! Scott
    scott...it's nogaru blue. ryun picked it. I wasnt sure aboutit in pictures, but it is really cool in person....not your everyday blue. next the audi S4 to transport it. hope ypu are well.
    paul