User Tag List

Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 8687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2328

Thread: Hampsten / Tournesol

  1. #1901
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Posts
    1,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    brothers... GP left, SB right
    Very cool! Us single Hampsten guys are, well.... happy for you (And I think our GPs are likely cousins...)

    Of course, we need the requisite comparisons of ride/handling/etc of two ti Hampstens made for the same guy!
     

  2. #1902
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    472
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    The Pig is back and looking mean.

    IMG_7442.jpg
     

  3. #1903
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    DURHAM, North Cackalacky
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Zomg.
     

  4. #1904
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ehv, The Netherlands
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Team Pro upgrade.

    Now that the Neutron Ultras are in my Time, and the handbuilts in the SBti, it was a good moment to start using these regular Neutrons. Bought them used, but I doubt they've seen more than 300kms.

    Grand Bois 28mm Extra Léger with latex tubes are an incredible ride, I much prefer these over 32mm GB Cyprès.

    Should I remove the rim decals? I think it looks cleaner on a lugged frameset.



     

  5. #1905
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, SoFla
    Posts
    1,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    That fork!!
     

  6. #1906
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PDX Burbs
    Posts
    718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by INDECS View Post
    Team Pro upgrade.

    Now that the Neutron Ultras are in my Time, and the handbuilts in the SBti, it was a good moment to start using these regular Neutrons. Bought them used, but I doubt they've seen more than 300kms.

    Grand Bois 28mm Extra Léger with latex tubes are an incredible ride, I much prefer these over 32mm GB Cyprès.

    Should I remove the rim decals? I think it looks cleaner on a lugged frameset.



    Good Grief that thing is beautiful. Arguably my fav Hampco ever and I love a lot of Hampstens (including mine). Right now that beauty is my desktop at work. Sooo Goood.
     

  7. #1907
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, SoFla
    Posts
    1,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    I've been riding the heck out of this one lately.
    Got in a good spirited 75 miles with Rick on Saturday.
    Pumped the tires up to 110 psi and managed to hang with the Spooky.
    A few new additions: a nice, sleek Easton stem and a PMP carbon seat post.
    One of the last pics with the Enve fork. The Samson MAX fork should be arriving soon.

    [IMG][/IMG]
     

  8. #1908
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    rio de janeiro
    Posts
    3,216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by INDECS View Post
    Team Pro upgrade.

    Now that the Neutron Ultras are in my Time, and the handbuilts in the SBti, it was a good moment to start using these regular Neutrons. Bought them used, but I doubt they've seen more than 300kms.

    Grand Bois 28mm Extra Léger with latex tubes are an incredible ride, I much prefer these over 32mm GB Cyprès.

    Should I remove the rim decals? I think it looks cleaner on a lugged frameset.



    Don´t remove anything. That bike is perfect w/ campagnolo.
    I came here for the socks.

  9. #1909
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    This is my first time posting, but a long time reader...in fact, all the bikes posted in this thread helped inspire me to get my own SB...and here it is...

    image.jpg

    image.jpg

    Steve was great to work with, and the bike rides like a dream! I've already got 600+ miles on the bike, and my carbon frame bike now mostly just sits in the corner, waiting.
     

  10. #1910
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    4,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Very nice. Love the 7-11-inspired paint scheme.

    Rumor has it that Andy's expression on the decals is actually deadpan, and he only smiles when the decal is affixed to the seat tube.
     

  11. #1911
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Posts
    1,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_D View Post
    This is my first time posting, but a long time reader...in fact, all the bikes posted in this thread helped inspire me to get my own SB...and here it is...

    image.jpg

    image.jpg

    Steve was great to work with, and the bike rides like a dream! I've already got 600+ miles on the bike, and my carbon frame bike now mostly just sits in the corner, waiting.
    Beautiful bike, and congrats on posting! Steve has a couple of signature paint schemes, and this is one of my favs. Would love to see a few close ups as well as the overall shots. Is that Hampco tape? And the fork?
     

  12. #1912
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    4,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
    ....
    And the fork?
    Judging by the fender mounts, I would say that it's a Wound-Up painted to match.
     

  13. #1913
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    For awhile, I've told myself I'd get another carbon bike. I decided that I wanted one with the Steve Hampsten touch so last week Steve and I agreed on the following Hampsten Squadra. I have a steel SB, so I like the Hampsten Kool Aid. 7-Eleven paint job, baby. Cannot wait to see it for real:

    [IMG][/IMG]

    I'll report back over time as it becomes a reality. Tim
     

  14. #1914
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    4,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Kool-Aid or Slurpee?
     

  15. #1915
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Posts
    1,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Porter View Post
    For awhile, I've told myself I'd get another carbon bike. I decided that I wanted one with the Steve Hampsten touch so last week Steve and I agreed on the following Hampsten Squadra. I have a steel SB, so I like the Hampsten Kool Aid. 7-Eleven paint job, baby. Cannot wait to see it for real:

    [IMG][/IMG]

    I'll report back over time as it becomes a reality. Tim
    Verrry nice. I could ride that geo! Eager to see the real deal when it comes to life.

    Challenge working with Steve is too many choices -- now he adds carbon back into the mix just to make it more perplexing:)

    How big a tire will you be able to put on your Squadra?
     

  16. #1916
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    I asked Steve for room to put up to 28s in it.
     

  17. #1917
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, SoFla
    Posts
    1,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Lots of Hampsten activity here, I'm loving it.
    I managed to get the new steel fork installed on the MAX.
    I only did a quick no hands ride up and down the street but it feels great.
    Surprisingly light for a MAX fork.
    Curt Goodrich did an incredible job on the fork. It's absolutely stunning.
    He nailed Steve's specs and it's spot on.

    It's a true MAX now.


    [IMG][/IMG]
     

  18. #1918
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    4,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    That's a very cool fork! It's a perfect "match"!!
     

  19. #1919
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    i see what you did there...
    Steve Hampsten
    www.hampsten.blogspot.com
    "Tighten the wingnuts!"

  20. #1920
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Posts
    1,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Lots of Hampsten activity here, I'm loving it.
    I managed to get the new steel fork installed on the MAX.
    I only did a quick no hands ride up and down the street but it feels great.
    Surprisingly light for a MAX fork.
    Curt Goodrich did an incredible job on the fork. It's absolutely stunning.
    He nailed Steve's specs and it's spot on.

    It's a true MAX now.


    [IMG][/IMG]
    Been eager to see the fork on the frame. Will like to hear your comparison to the carbon fork as you've ridden it more.
     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •