User Tag List

Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2309

Thread: Hampsten / Tournesol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

Quote Originally Posted by enr1co View Post
    After the out of the box photo shoot, put on the cycling DVDs, opened up a cold one and got to wrenching ~ 4:00 and finished up around 9:00 pm.

Too dark for photos, so had to wait until this AM to shoot pics of all clean and pretty before its maiden voyage.

Was able to get ~45 miles on it today to dial in fit. Moved my seat forward a few mm while waiting for someone in our group to do a flat fix- otherwise fits is as if it were made custom for me :)

As far as ride, no need to repeat all the goodness written about it in the ROAD Magazine article. Its all true and just feeling stoked and fortunate to have one of Steve's bikes :D

Man, I want one just to feel what those chainstays are like to ride...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
    First, a big congrats again on getting such a wonderful frame in such a wonderful manner. Steve is the man!

This may sound like heresy, but I really prefer the look of the Chorus white graphics to the SR red/white graphics on my cranks and brake calipers. It just really works with the ti and th white classic Hampsten graphics you've chosen. Well done!

Oh, and the pic with Andy in maglia rosa behind is priceless. Great sphoto.
    Thanks Tele- really glad to have the opportunity to work with Steve on this purchase. I'm going to miss my Moots Compact but Hampsten Ti frames in my size, in the Yard Sale dont become available too often. Additionally, as confirmed on todays first ride, I'm preferring the level top tube geometry feel this GP provides.

Thanks to you for inspiration and idea on the country color finishing tape! As hommage to the Giro and Andy, just had to make a bike shop run for some Fizik rosa bar tape last night and finish it with Italia colors similar to your handlebar treatment with the Belgian color detail :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    Definitely one of the features noticed on today's ride- Im pretty sure these contribute to the super solid feel and efficient power transmittal for jumps and out of saddle efforts. Good stuff as I need all the help I can get ;)

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Tele- really glad to have the opportunity to work with Steve on this purchase. I'm going to miss my Moots Compact but Hampsten Ti frames in my size, in the Yard Sale dont become available too often. Additionally, as confirmed on todays first ride, I'm preferring the level top tube geometry feel this GP provides.

Thanks to you for inspiration and idea on the country color finishing tape! As hommage to the Giro and Andy, just had to make a bike shop run for some Fizik rosa bar tape last night and finish it with Italia colors similar to your handlebar treatment with the Belgian color detail :)
    Caught the rosa right away. Nicely done, sir. My homage is wearing the 7-Eleven replica jersey Andy signed for me when I met him in Boulder last summer. Class acts, those Hampsten boys.

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    Definitely one of the features noticed on today's ride- Im pretty sure these contribute to the super solid feel and efficient power transmittal for jumps and out of saddle efforts. Good stuff as I need all the help I can get ;)
    Agreed. Could tell right away that more of my "oomph" was getting to the drivetrain without flex -- if I had a Powertap I bet I would have gone over 150w! LOL. Yet, amazingly comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations!! Glad it went to a good home. Can't wait to see the build pics.
    Hello- new happy Hampsten GP Ti owner here!

Was lucky to see a thread in the Paceline forum a couple weeks ago titled "Hampsten in Road Magazine". Additional luck to see a post by Steve, that the size 53 frame featured in the magazine was available for purchase in the Yard Sale blog on the Hampsten site.

I quickly contacted Steve and with his helpful consult, confirmed that the frame would be a good fit and impetuously decided to purchase it.

To help me get through the ~ 10 days of waiting for the frame to arrive, found the link to this site, registered and enjoyed seeing pics all the great looking Hampsten bike pics and positive comments of Steve's work. This was really helpful with affirmation
    that I made the right choice with getting the frame.

The frame arrived today and couldnt be happier- grazie mille Steve!

Artie Deianni

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish you had one, that wild boar is awesome to watch and ride! It's a dream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the build pics below.. should have scrolled down..WOW. Looking good. I LOVE the Giro inspired bar tape. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Congratulations!! Glad it went to a good home. Can't wait to see the build pics.
    Artie Deianni

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another 30 miles on the Hampsten today with no disappointments.

This bike is really one of the best decisions I've ever made. Nothing, ever, ever, ever, goes wrong, it's so comfortable and effin good looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful Thursday eve to climb Mt Diablo w/ the new Hampsten. Have been making micro adjustments with seat post and stem height this past week and feeling pretty dialed in now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My girlfriend is in California on business this week...yet she won't have my Hampsten with her to pedal uphill.
    She would get a kick if she happened to gaze upon enr1co's while she is out there riding one morning. Nice bike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's this one again. I guess this is one of the only photos I've taken of this bike. It's fantastic.

hampsten team UOS by cortezcycles, on Flickr
    steve cortez

FNG

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can just imagine the ride. For me, this is the best looking Hampsten with the script graphic of all that I've seen (there are two really close seconds!). The black Hampsten script on white with red HT and ST panel -- wow.

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    Here's this one again. I guess this is one of the only photos I've taken of this bike. It's fantastic.

hampsten team UOS by cortezcycles, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The white/red bike is, obviously, a Merckx/Faema homage/ripoff and one of my personal favorite paint jobs. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't been more popular but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I like the classic bend bars on this bike and the picture really makes me want to have some Hampsten bottles made up.
    Steve Hampsten
    www.hampsten.blogspot.com
    "Tighten the wingnuts!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epic paint scheme.. this one and the grey/red team UOS are my faves. However, if I had the scratch I would get one in Team Motorola paint. Just my 2 cents FWIW.
    Artie Deianni

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matching Hampco bottles would be awesome.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Epic paint scheme.. this one and the grey/red team UOS are my faves. However, if I had the scratch I would get one in Team Motorola paint. Just my 2 cents FWIW.
    We've never done the Motorola scheme - I pitched the idea to the big guy and his response was decidedly muted. I think he had more fun in the slurpy years... And better memories.
    Steve Hampsten
    www.hampsten.blogspot.com
    "Tighten the wingnuts!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    Matching Hampco bottles would be awesome.
    I just want to make sure Steve doesn't miss this.....
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's alive! ... well almost ;)

I need to get this puppy up and running soon so I can work the bugs out before an upcoming double century. The hampsten is the chosen one but I need to have it running and to ride it a few times before we go from zero to hero!!!

Hopefully will be a functioning bicycle by end of day tomorrow.

image by gpwarn, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, please forgive the Cannondale/Fizik seat post ... it's a place holder until the Fizik/Fizik post arrives from Italy ... whenever that happens! ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing to forgive on that bike. Wow.