User Tag List

Page 31 of 117 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 2327

Thread: Hampsten / Tournesol

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oakland Ca
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by rubeboy View Post
    1st ride on the new MAX build that I found at a yard sale!
    Gosh, I think I'm going to like it.
    I need to find a setback seatpost and remove the spacers from beneath the stem, but all and all a very enjoyable first ride.
    It's got some get-up-and-go.
    A more thorough ride report after I put a few more miles on it.
    If this is Broakland hills, I think I saw you yesterday @ College & Alcatraz.

    Me: "Hampco!"
    Wife: Ok.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Yep, the picture is looking southwest from the top of Grizzly Peak. I was riding home past that intersection just a bit before the rain started - @3 or so
     

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    I took pictures today of the Due Cinghiali, my Travelissimo Gran Paradiso in Ti and my friend's Travelissimo Strada Bianca Steel:

     

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by kimconyc View Post
    I took pictures today of the Due Cinghiali, my Travelissimo Gran Paradiso in Ti and my friend's Travelissimo Strada Bianca Steel:

    Really really beautiful bikes! I am thinking about getting couplers on my Hampsten Mudpig since I travel so much. Did you have them added as a part of the build, or retrofitted?
    Yash Katsumi

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by yashkatsumi View Post
    Really really beautiful bikes! I am thinking about getting couplers on my Hampsten Mudpig since I travel so much. Did you have them added as a part of the build, or retrofitted?
    Thanks, the couplers were part of the build.

    The inspiration for my bike was a small Gavia head-tube badge from the Rifugio della Bonetta. I had no idea what to do with it so I sent it out to Seattle and back came a brand new Ti frame--just like magic!

    I travel everywhere with my bike now; not sure why I didn't think of it before.
     

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by kimconyc View Post
    Thanks, the couplers were part of the build.

    The inspiration for my bike was a small Gavia head-tube badge from the Rifugio della Bonetta. I had no idea what to do with it so I sent it out to Seattle and back came a brand new Ti frame--just like magic!

    I travel everywhere with my bike now; not sure why I didn't think of it before.
    So many times I have traveled somewhere and thought, I would love to ride here, but it is such a hassle to deal with bike transportation. That is awesome that you get to ride your A-bike anywhere you want to!
    Yash Katsumi

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Two weeks and no new Hampstens! We need some more Hampco pron up in here. An old shot:


    Hampsten MAX by Cody Wms, on Flickr


    Hey Steve, what are you feelings on disc'd bikes these days? Did you ever figure out a way to nail the fenders?
     

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by cody.wms View Post

    Hey Steve, what are you feelings on disc'd bikes these days? Did you ever figure out a way to nail the fenders?
    you know how when you hit 50 you have to go to the doctor and get poked and prodded and fingers in weird places? but you do it 'cause you're supposed to?

    that's me and discs. beg me long enough and i will but i won't be ecstatic about it.
    Steve Hampsten
    www.hampsten.blogspot.com
    "Tighten the wingnuts!"

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    4,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by cody.wms View Post
    Two weeks and no new Hampstens! We need some more Hampco pron up in here. <snip>
    Here's a different angle of mine:

     

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by hampco View Post
    that's me and discs. beg me long enough and i will but i won't be ecstatic about it.
    I begged, got the green light, and then promptly chickened out. (Sorry, Steve.) I figured that I would get my dream Hampsen with make-do BB7s and 135 spacing, and then watch Shimano introduce hydraulic STI, 130 road disc hubs, and some funky non-ISO caliper mount. I thought that Sea Otter 2011 was going to be the event where the Big S announced discs. No go, still waiting.

    The other reason is that I can't bear the thought of parting out my current SBti. It is PERFECTION. I'll post some winter slush photos tomorrow evening. Cody is right, we need new photos!

     

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    I don't have better photos, but here's a quick shot of the Crema I purchased earlier this year.

     

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ottawa On
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by nycjames View Post
    I don't have better photos, but here's a quick shot of the Crema I purchased earlier this year.

    OH please more of this one!!
     

  13. #613
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dirtville
    Posts
    14,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    more good stuff

     

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by nycjames View Post
    I don't have better photos, but here's a quick shot of the Crema I purchased earlier this year.
    You still have your silver machine, too? Curious how they compare.
     

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by billrick View Post
    I begged, got the green light, and then promptly chickened out. (Sorry, Steve.) I figured that I would get my dream Hampsen with make-do BB7s and 135 spacing, and then watch Shimano introduce hydraulic STI, 130 road disc hubs, and some funky non-ISO caliper mount. I thought that Sea Otter 2011 was going to be the event where the Big S announced discs. No go, still waiting.

    The other reason is that I can't bear the thought of parting out my current SBti. It is PERFECTION. I'll post some winter slush photos tomorrow evening. Cody is right, we need new photos!

    Ken,

    You gots some time to take some group shots this week? This thread needs more multi-Hampco pics.
     

  16. #616
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by cody.wms View Post
    You gots some time to take some group shots this week? This thread needs more multi-Hampco pics.
    You bet! Let's go all Matisse like, bring your wide apertures. Check your pms.

    And welcome back!
     

  17. #617
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Quote Originally Posted by billrick View Post
    You bet! Let's go all Matisse like, bring your wide apertures. Check your pms.

    And welcome back!
    Clear your box, yo! (also, 9P sounds good to me)
     

  18. #618
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    Billrick and I spent the evening kickin' it around Old Town Alexandria. Photographic proof:


    DSCF1650 by Cody Wms, on Flickr


    DSCF1655 by Cody Wms, on Flickr


    DSCF1642 by Cody Wms, on Flickr
     

  19. #619
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alameda, CA
    Posts
    2,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    My new SBTi S&S. Forgive the crappy photos - I've been too busy riding the thing to take better ones. Welds by Max, fenders by Honjo, fork by Wound Up. Seat angle, bar angle, fender fitment etc. have since been changed.


    IMG_0490 by cortezcycles, on Flickr


    IMG_0488 by cortezcycles, on Flickr


    IMG_0492 by cortezcycles, on Flickr


    IMG_0491 by cortezcycles, on Flickr


    IMG_0424 by cortezcycles, on Flickr


    IMG_0421 by cortezcycles, on Flickr


    IMG_0420 by cortezcycles, on Flickr




    Get a Hampsten!
    steve cortez

    FNG

  20. #620
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia/ Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hampsten / Tournesol

    max
    can
    weld,
    a
    t
    m
    o.
     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •