Thread: Festka

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Festka

Selfie with the bike :)

I'm very satisfied with the comfort, stiffness, handling and geometry of the bike, even though my C59 sets the bar very high on all those four. Saying which one is "better" would be comparing apples to oranges. Feels good to be back on titanium after a break. It's definitely better than my Colnago CT2 was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter says "cool man" and your bike is "fabulous!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is the perfect matching bike and kit !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your comments and likes... We have total of five bikes / framesets on order for our club members in every material; steel, titanium, and carbon. Soon we can shoot pretty cool-looking group ride pics featuring all of those :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys will feel so pro !
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi... I've really enjoyed looking through this thread of all the Festka's with some great photos. I've been looking at Festka recently and love the designs/ paint and they seem to have a nice personal connection. I've got an XCR indy fab which I live so I'm torn with what frame martial to go with for the potential Festka bike.

I was wondering if Stefan could offer any advice based on the experiences of the various tests/ ownership. My heart says steel or ti, but the head is saying go with the carbon one. I'm planning to get a Crisp Ti frame next year, but I know every frame is different even with the same material. I like race bikes as most rides are relatively short (less than 50miles) with occasional longer 100 mile stints a few times a year.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain bike.

--
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Bora 35:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Hi... I've really enjoyed looking through this thread of all the Festka's with some great photos. I've been looking at Festka recently and love the designs/ paint and they seem to have a nice personal connection. I've got an XCR indy fab which I live so I'm torn with what frame martial to go with for the potential Festka bike.

I was wondering if Stefan could offer any advice based on the experiences of the various tests/ ownership. My heart says steel or ti, but the head is saying go with the carbon one. I'm planning to get a Crisp Ti frame next year, but I know every frame is different even with the same material. I like race bikes as most rides are relatively short (less than 50miles) with occasional longer 100 mile stints a few times a year.

Any help would be appreciated :)
    sorry did not see this. why does your head say carbon? ;) what are the reasons? If I could own only one bike it would be sure Titan or Steel, both oversized tubes. stiff enough and still comfortable. I think it all depends what you want, a stiff race machine (do you race?) or a road bike what offers a bit of comfort. Festka can build the ONE superstiff, a race machine, I did not want that, mine is the "normal" version. compared to the SL3 I had a comfortable bike, for a carbon bike pretty comfortable and stiff, more than my titan or the oversized steel Festka i had some month. carbon does not make me faster, neither does steel or titan make me slower, for my rolling around town hall rides I don't need a race machine. so titan or steel would be my way, still stiff and compared to carbon more comfort. also the geometry you decide to go influences a lot, my Festka Continental has a very relaxed geometry, this and the material makes the bike feel like a sofa, but also, its not the stiffest bike ;) still it feels great!

;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if Ian plans to order a ti frame from Darren Crisp he cannot go really wrong. Seeing he already owns an XCR, getting a carbon bike from Festka wouldn't be a bad choice. Looks like a strong start for a Jay Leno's like bike garage ! Dany from Festka will ask you about your background, riding style and how you are and will gladly help you in the choice of a the new bike.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. I don't race so don't need a full on race machine, but I do like to ride quite hard and push myself over the relatively short rides that I do. Comfort is important, but so is handling and responsiveness of the bike. I love my Indy Fab XCR and I'm certainly looking forward to see what Darren Crisp comes up with. If I'm honest, I'm undecided on the look of th Ti seat stay design on th Festka, but I've not seen one in the flesh so will reserve judgement. The Festka Carbon One seems to get great reviews, although I've seen very little on their metal frame bikes. I like the fact that the carbon frame is custom and not a mass produced bike which I'm not into. I like the process behind the bike and how it makes the end product feel very much like you've helped create it.

I want to have some variety, so from that point of view, I wouldn't want to have a garage full of steel bikes just because I like that material. I've sort of answered my own question a little, but I was keen to hear how the Festka One was in comparison to their steel and Ti frames before I jumped. :)

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ant_tip View Post
    With Bora 35:

Oh my. Doesn't get better than this...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, pretty seriously nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice indeed :) ... How does it ride? :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already wrote some comments above in this thread. It's not as stiff as C59 in the BB area, but with my watts it's something you can feel only after switching bikes and not all the time. The front end feels just as precise as with C59, very stable and I didn't feel scared at all riding 65km/h down a twisty gravel road with bumps :). Comfort is equal or better, although it's hard to compare directly because the ride feel of carbon vs titanium is different.

On very rough roads the frame comes alive, resonating and telling you it's made of metal, while smoothening the sharpest buzz. C59 just absorbs the impacts in a more neutral and unnoticeable manner, is maybe more comfortable over the biggest bumps but lets more small buzz through to your fingers. Carbon lacks the character that I like with this bike. The amount of seatpost showing, bar tape and carbon vs. alloy handlebars must have some effect also, so comparing is not so straightforward. Wheelset has been the same while riding both bikes.

For racing, C59 would be better but this is nicer for everything else, maybe not for climbing mountains but those don't exist over here... The geometry is 73/73 with 70mm bb drop so handling is just as neutral and predictable as you would expect. The TT is 5mm longer and clearance for 28's makes the wheelbase slightly longer. It's not as flickable as my C59 but that's something I planned as I didn't want to use a 130mm stem with a custom frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already wrote some comments above in this thread. It's not as stiff as C59 in the BB area, but with my watts it's something you can feel only after switching bikes and not all the time. The front end feels just as precise as with C59, very stable and I didn't feel scared at all riding 65km/h down a twisty gravel road with bumps :). Comfort is equal or better, although it's hard to compare directly because the ride feel of carbon vs titanium is different.

On very rough roads the frame comes alive, resonating and telling you it's made of metal, while smoothening the sharpest buzz. C59 just absorbs the impacts in a more neutral and unnoticeable manner, is maybe more comfortable over the biggest bumps but lets more small buzz through to your fingers. Carbon lacks the character that I like with this bike. The amount of seatpost showing, bar tape and carbon vs. alloy handlebars must have some effect also, so comparing is not so straightforward. Wheelset has been the same while riding both bikes.

For racing, C59 would be better but this is nicer for everything else, maybe not for climbing mountains but those don't exist over here... The geometry is 73/73 with 70mm bb drop so handling is just as neutral and predictable as you would expect. The TT is 5mm longer and clearance for 28's makes the wheelbase slightly longer. It's not as flickable as my C59 but that's something I planned as I didn't want to use a 130mm stem with a custom frame.
    Sounds great! As a matter of interest, have you ever riden the Festka zero or one? I'd love to see some more photos around the rear stays and what the top tube looks like from above. If you could help it would be appreciated. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My one should be ready in a while, so photos and report coming soon. I heard that they are making new zero. The first model should be ready this week. "The Zero Classic will be entering production next week, so we will soon have photos and reactions to share."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what are the differences to my early zero.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I'd love to see some more photos around the rear stays and what the top tube looks like from above.
    More pics of the bike, including the rear stays here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More pics of the bike, including the rear stays here.
    Thanks. Looks great.