Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Festka

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Festka

Thanks for the link - I'll look at the Rapha pack. As for what I'm getting - I signed up for the P200 project early on but after seeing the chrome XCr that they built for Columbus Tubi I decided that I had to go steel instead of carbon. So now, Ondrej and the team are building me an XCr modern (44mm headtube) that will hopefully be ready in time for NAHBS in a couple of weeks... Once it's finished I'll be sure to post the pictures...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Festka

Quote Originally Posted by StR View Post
    this one: Seat Pack | Accessories | shop | Rapha

people say it looses stuff what you pack inside, I only used it two times. used only tubulars until now.

what will you get?
    I had one. Much prefer this, similar concept: Bike Tool Roll E.H. Works Seattle by EHWORKS on Etsy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Festka "Union Jack"

This weekend was the NAHBS show. Festka had a bunch of exciting new frames on show. Here's my finished "union jack" Disc Road XCr. British Racing Green / Polished stainless steel tubeset. Festka's own disc dropouts. Photos are courtesy of Festka (don't think they'll mind me posting them). It's similar to the Rapha frame but with the "modern twist" of 44mm headtube and PFBB. Enve Road Disc fork. Shimano hydraulics and di2. Tune hubs and 40mm clincher rims (by RocketWheels). Enve cockpit. Chris king headset / BB. The fork has been done as a special "chrome" paint base coat under the green. Going to be a couple of weeks before I get chance to ride it due to work travel but figured it was worth showing the pictures here!

Finished-SideView.jpgFinished-Front.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Festka "Union Jack"

I had a chance to talk with the guys and admire the offerings that Festka had on display. They really nailed it and it sounds like they have big plans moving forward.

Congratulations on the Union Jack. As nice as those pictures are, it looks even better in person.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Festka's paintjobs at the show were fantastic, among the best there to my untrained eye. Don't know much about those guys, but the bikes look great. Here are a few more:

13183142823_37abe0fd09_z.jpg

13183032715_a38c499d64_z.jpg

13183012585_f00514c6ee_z.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by r-jay View Post
    This weekend was the NAHBS show. Festka had a bunch of exciting new frames on show. Here's my finished "union jack" Disc Road XCr. British Racing Green / Polished stainless steel tubeset. Festka's own disc dropouts. Photos are courtesy of Festka (don't think they'll mind me posting them). It's similar to the Rapha frame but with the "modern twist" of 44mm headtube and PFBB. Enve Road Disc fork. Shimano hydraulics and di2. Tune hubs and 40mm clincher rims (by RocketWheels). Enve cockpit. Chris king headset / BB. The fork has been done as a special "chrome" paint base coat under the green. Going to be a couple of weeks before I get chance to ride it due to work travel but figured it was worth showing the pictures here!

Finished-SideView.jpgFinished-Front.jpg
    WAIT A MINUTE ! I asked them to tell me when they would be ready to build an XCR disc road bike.

Now I'm jealous.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomas. I'd say that you can take this as confirmation that they are now ready Think of mine as the "working prototype" and that you can order the first "real one"... Also, mine has really short stays (max 25mm tyre) so you could talk to them about your personal geometry preferences if you want to use it on some "rougher" roads. I'm sure they'd be happy to do another special one for you. I'd also recommend you let them "design" it for you - as you can see by the bikes at NAHBS, they try to do lots of unique finishes for each bike. Potentially no two will be the same....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting these pics. I agree on the paint too. The great news is that VeloNews has them awarded "Best Paint" in their own NAHBS awards that they posted this morning! I was hoping they'd win some awards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for liking my new bike. I appreciate it. The Feskta guys poured so much energy into their NAHBS display. They arrived in the US late last wednesday then spent all day thursday building the booth with locally sourced wood etc. The bikes themselves didn't arrive till 6am on opening day so they really had to work hard to get everything finalized and "show-ready". An amazing effort considering how far from home they were. The newly announced titanium cross bike (Mist) was almost enough to make me change my mind about the XCr. It's got so many cool details (the chainstay bridge is designed to allow use of a 53-ring road crank in the off-season so you can have a "year round" bike). I think this will be the big year for the guys from Prague!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andres, Michel and Thomas (spelling?) were all very nice and approachable guys. Russell at Cycleast in Austin is their new US Distro. Also super nice. Loved their apparel line. Feels like these guys are building a real story chapter by chapter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by r-jay View Post
    Thomas. I'd say that you can take this as confirmation that they are now ready Think of mine as the "working prototype" and that you can order the first "real one"... Also, mine has really short stays (max 25mm tyre) so you could talk to them about your personal geometry preferences if you want to use it on some "rougher" roads. I'm sure they'd be happy to do another special one for you. I'd also recommend you let them "design" it for you - as you can see by the bikes at NAHBS, they try to do lots of unique finishes for each bike. Potentially no two will be the same....
    Yeah I'd like to be able to use FMB 27 on it as my Festka Zero will stay the main bike for skinny tires. Yours is really nice, love the green. I slightly regret to have finally decided to go against a Pablo design on my Zero. I was just to impatient on this one. Now that I've seen the Mist, I'm not completely sure of the next bike though. I initially planned to replace my CX bike with a Giant TCX and order a Festka XCR Disc. Seeing how great my Zero is already handling the rough roads with 25mm tires, I'm not sure if I should choose a mist, an XCR CX or stick to my original plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Moseley View Post
    Andres, Michel and Thomas (spelling?) were all very nice and approachable guys. Russell at Cycleast in Austin is their new US Distro. Also super nice. Loved their apparel line. Feels like these guys are building a real story chapter by chapter.
    Ondřej, Michael and Tomáš.

I initially feared they were growing a bit too fast with that crowdsourcing thing as 2013 was a really busy year for them. Props for them if they get success. I told them about vsalon last year, would be great if they appeared on smoked out.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Proper photos now available at:
    2014 NAHBS: Festka Union Jack Di2 Disc Road - PROLLY IS NOT PROBABLY

Although the paint is "subdued" by Festka standards (Prolly's words), the impressive piece IMHO is the special chrome paint on the front fork which has been done to match the bare polish stainless at the rear. Coupled with the Enve logos being re-done in the red outline to match the bike. Lots of subtle details (and an asymmetric paint design which is cool). The Festka logo, for example, is actually masked before painting then the bare stainless showing through. I'm also quite happy with the fact it's a time-less design - I've got to keep it for a LONG time :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ocracoke-Ride (1).jpg
    So first decent ride today (I know, it's been too long, but too much work travel etc.). 28 miles at the coast. The picture is nowhere near as good as Stefan's Rapha Coffee-stop but it's a start.

Initial reactions - it makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again. It just screams to go faster - always one more gear. No matter how tired the legs (flat coast roads leave you nowhere to hide) it wants to push on. The fit is perfect - I'm realizing my last bike is actually too big as this just feels right. Di2 is amazing - anyone who claims it's "unnecessary" basically hasn't ridden it. It's the closest thing to being wired into the bike - it's almost like you think to change gear - it's that quick. The brakes - well, it's pancake flat so not really needed, but the feel is good and I can already tell that going back to calipers will feel just "wrong". Having ridden Hope discs on my mountain bike for years I realize how backwards my road bike was... The saddle is great - it's what my real-world shape has needed - and definitely better than my old flite. Geometry is awesome - we built this up to be "tall & short" as I have longer legs than torso. It's an 18cm head tube with 575mm top tube. I run 804mm saddle height so this gives about a 10cm drop to the top of the bars. The chainstays are very very short (405mm) which means it almost squirms as you put the power down but it's so quick. Head tube is slackened slightly to 72.7 degrees for a little more front-length and stability but it feels very natural. As for the ride? My "other bike" is an S-Works SL2. The stainless steel by comparison feels "alive" - no other word for it. The Festka is probably 1.5kg heavier than my specialized but truthfully doesn't feel like it. You really can't tell. The weight-weenies will hate me but actually, the wheels make all the difference. The rocket-wheels are very light - 24 spoke 2-cross front & rear makes them very stiff compared to my old mavic carbone SL. Total weight for the wheels is around 2.25kg. That's wheels, rotors, skewers, tubes and tires. With those, you don't notice the extra frame weight for the stainless steel and frankly, I'm beyond caring now - the ride of steel is still fabulous and this one is as stiff as a carbon bike when sprinting...

I've just re-read this and noticed that I'm out of superlatives. Oh well. It looks good and it rides well too... All in all, a great result :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great bike.

the picture is fine. if you want to improve just look for a wall or anything what has a plain structure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly nothing bad with borrowing a good idea, but that "Air" paintscheme smacks of Colnago. That said, their Projeckt 200 precedes the C60 and those also could be brothers :D

Heh, Festka made a HUGE jump on the "what will be my next bike tombola".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Festka zero @ Tour de Suisse

--
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's saying a lot for this bike that we've seen pictures of it off road, as a commuter, as a workhorse for long challenging rides and now as a dedicated climber... I'm probably forgetting a couple of other situations. Multi purpose bikes are über alles.
    . K R I S T O F . D ' H A E S E L E E R .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajotfix View Post
    It's saying a lot for this bike that we've seen pictures of it off road, as a commuter, as a workhorse for long challenging rides and now as a dedicated climber... I'm probably forgetting a couple of other situations. Multi purpose bikes are über alles.
    Makes me think more about the rider than the bike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth be told, the Festka Zero is build as a race bike. There are no provisions for fenders and it wouldn't reasonably clear 28mm tires. However despite the short wheelbase and snappy handling I've never felt insecure nor beaten up riding it in all kind of surfaces and at high speed. It may not be the lightest/stiffest/most comfortable bike but it is a really great compromise of all the parameters and definitely a keeper. A grin inducing bike.

>>> I got news for you atmo <<<
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St-Maurice Abbey.

--
    T h o m a s