Thread: Eddy Merckx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Eddy Merckx

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    Well would you look at that, my old one was #77/100!

A DA9K crank would top it off nicely, but it's mighty fine as it is already.
    Ah, I mis-remembered - it's #28 .

Those cranks are still going for well over $200, so the likelihood of switching is low.

I'll also be on the lookout for a good white saddle, but I think the C13 looks nice with the grey crank and brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Eddy Merckx

Quote Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
    I'll also be on the lookout for a good white saddle, but I think the C13 looks nice with the grey crank and brakes.
    Have a look at Pgs 12 & 13 prior to the last post of mine - there's a couple of it with a white Rolls (and a black C17 Cambium). Personally I think this paint scheme looks better with a black saddle.

That said, the C13 is now available in a white all-weather version - the black rails and underside of that could be enough to offset the excess of white...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something Panasonic blue.

Rescued off ebay from seller in Belgium, this was in my opinion chained to a sea wall in Belgium for a number of years. Okay, maybe just ridden hard repeatedly, and put away soaking wet. Also pretty sure the previous owner used sandpaper socks and shoes as the cranks were trashed. One mans trash is another mans treasure. After hours on taking apart the bike and cleaning the parts that were able to salvage, and buying some to replace those trashed, I had Jim at Vecchios in Boulder work his magic, and resurrect the bike. The paint had some issues near the bottom bracket, but got resolved. I was told with the delta brakes to just NOT ride down any mountain passes!!! Panasonic team colors Corsa Extra, Phil Anderson lives!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something Panasonic blue.

Awesome! Love that Panasonic paint job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something Panasonic blue.

Current view of my '94 MXL with a Ti Cycle Fabrication 31.8 quill stem. Really enjoy getting out on the road with this bike every now and then. Fantastic riding machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Close up of the ti stem. Never could find a 26.0 bar that was as comfortable as the 31.8 bar I've been using. Custom quill stems aren't cheap, but they can really help modernize these older classic frames.