User Tag List

Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dario Pegoretti

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely LOVE Catulle's acid trip Peg!

Also, I promise to share build pic's when mine is done. I've been out and it's been crazy here with work stuff (not bikes...cheese!), so I haven't been able to spend anytime on it yet.

Hope everyone had a great New Year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i arrived yesterday to my hometown (st. louis) after a year in india doing research (and most recently a month in england and scotland with my girlfriend). today i went for my first ride -- hilly. my legs felt like jello afterward, of course, as i am completely out of shape. felt great to be back on the bike though. here are some pics of the bike...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and a shot of my apres ride meal (and that's an O'Fallon 5 Day IPA)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashwa64 View Post
    i arrived yesterday to my hometown...
    Beautiful! I'm especially fond of the colors. Enjoy it...and feel free to post more pics, including a drive side one. :thumbs_up:
    -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is a pic of the responsorium i am going to build up -- it's been in the box since summer 2007.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another Peg?!

Nice! Now get that thing built! :)
    -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here are a couple more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've been holding out to build it "properly" but i don't think i am going to have the patience to wait for 11 speed to come down in price (in 2007 i was just waiting for ut to come down). anyway, i think i will just take my alloy chorus of my fina (poor thing). the fina is in nearly flawless condition and i hate to do it, really. man -- now i am having second thoughts after writing this... i will have to ride the fina today before i do anything rash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ashwa64, Build that damn thing and lets go for a ride! I'm trying to get dirt out for a ride this weekend (pro'ly Sunday). Let me know if you're up for it.

jimi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default all business she is...

here is my fina, which is in nearly flawless condition. sadly, to finance my respo (and to take the nearly perfect chorus group), i will be selling the frame and fork sometime in the near future. not looking forward to that as this quality aluminum frame is a serious race bike (although, to be honest, i am not man enough for this frame anyway). the bike is also comfortable over long distances (100+ miles). anway, i'll save the rest for the description when i have to sell it. here are a few pics...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice fina. what size is it?

jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a 58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=ashwa64;59243]here is my fina, which is in nearly flawless condition. sadly, to finance my respo (and to take the nearly perfect chorus group), i will be selling the frame and fork sometime in the near future. not looking forward to that as this quality aluminum frame is a serious race bike (although, to be honest, i am not man enough for this frame anyway). the bike is also comfortable over long distances (100+ miles). anway, i'll save the rest for the description when i have to sell it. here are a few pics...[QUOTE]

You own the Respo already, yes? And you own the Chorus on that Fina. So by all means strip down the Fina and build up the Responsorium and enjoy. But...

I know you're not asking and its not my business but I'm compelled to say I think you're nuts to sell the Fina. Love#3s are $3000+ right now. The wait for even most "stock" Pegs is over a year. So if money is tight, you're talking about selling something that might for practical purposes be irreplaceable. Dario won't be building frames forever. To quote eRichie: "If it sells you'll regret it immediately atmo."
    "In the old days when people invented a new function they had something useful in mind."

~Henri Poincare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree (about selling Pegorettis.) And I say that as one who has sold a Pegoretti – a Fina, in fact. I think, even with a Responsorium, you will still long for the Pegoretti AL feel (and of course vice versa, should such a situation ever exist.) I own a few steel Pegs, and miss my Fina still. Well, miss it and don't miss it. It's in my living room, but it isn't mine.

OK. I must explain. After six months without a car, I accepted a very kind trade from a friend – a Fina for a '93 Honda (after he rode the Fina once–and a few days later, he sweetened the deal with a good chunk of cash, for the sake of fairness, he claimed.) All of this only occurred because of weather and desperation and small, semi-transportable children, and I responded to desperation's salty parched throat call with a pathetic whimper of my own. I sold.

Fortunately/unfortunately, my friend is a traveling writer/journalist–he rents out his house–and is afraid to keep the Fina with tenants, and so asked me if I would keep it for him.

My wimpy integrity keeps me from riding it, but not from missing it. Although, truthfully, I do ride it across the street to the convenience store every few days, just to make sure it still runs. It does. What would the best analogy be to this dilemma?

Maybe it's like mounting the head of your departed loved ones on the wall. Well, not really. Analogies are not my thing. Nor is taxidermy. Things, I think, are my things. And Pegs steel and al are both good things, and not ones that you should put yourself in the position of missing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys are not making this any easier... definitely going to think it over closely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been in the box since last June. Not sure when I'll build it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Ford View Post

Ahhh! What is with these folks with Responsoriums and not building them! Another one just sits at my LBS 99% of the time even though it is sold/built ... Not riding a Pegoretti in your possession is bad karma ... just sayin'

BTW, beautiful frame. What size?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's about 1.5 to 2cms taller than my ble... whatever size that is.

Somewhere between the Right and Left in San Francisco
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moran View Post
    This was a surprise from my wife this Christmas.....

I've never been a super huge fan of the more crazy paint jobs...but this one really sings. I think the way the black front-end blends with the black fork and then gets picked up again at the chainstay is really killer. Lucky you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Ford View Post
    effin' hot!!
    -Jeff