Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dario Pegoretti

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Pasquale View Post
    I went with Carbon...I guess because I like spending money on things I don't really need. :)

My other bikes at the moment have Enve shallow drop and Fizik CYRANO Bull 00. I found that I like the bigger diameter of the Deda M35...seems it distributes the weight a bit more when climbing on the tops...it's ok to climb on the tops right? I know there is often debate on this here.
    Isn't this a requirement for admittance as a posting member of the Salon? Was my rationale for going from Zero100 RHM alloy to the Superleggara, as they both have the same basic shape (I say basic because I do think the curve toward the hoods starts just a bit sooner with the SLs than the Zero100s).

FWIW, I do like longer climbs on the tops. The caveat is given my, um, mass, I don't really like longer climbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Aluminum for me. I have zero100s on a bunch of bikes, both RHM and Shallow drop, and superleggera on one bike. The 35s feel really solid. I havenít swapped a bike between one and the other to isolate the feel of the bars vs the rest of the front end, but my Aerotack with 35s is the most solid feeling front end Iíve ridden. The larger tops are also very comfortable.
    I like that the Superleggaras are 31.8 all the way to the curve so there are incrementally larger than the Zero100 RHMs although still shy of 35mm. I was surprised that making a change from the RHMs to the Superleggaras, keeping the same Zero100 alum stem, also made the front end feel more solid. I was expecting alloy to carbon to have the opposite effect. So the question might be how to figure out optimal front end stiffness and choose the bars that give that result.

Thanks again, gents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
    I say basic because I do think the curve toward the hoods starts just a bit sooner with the SLs than the Zero100s.
    The SLs definitely curve from the tops to the ramps sooner than the aluminum Zero100s. I like both, though.

Quote Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
    I like that the Superleggaras are 31.8 all the way to the curve so there are incrementally larger than the Zero100 RHMs although still shy of 35mm. I was surprised that making a change from the RHMs to the Superleggaras, keeping the same Zero100 alum stem, also made the front end feel more solid. I was expecting alloy to carbon to have the opposite effect. So the question might be how to figure out optimal front end stiffness and choose the bars that give that result.
    I generally pick aluminum bars over carbon anyway, but one of the reasons (a small one) I went for the aluminum 35s is that they taper to the clamp area so the wrapped section isn't as thick as on the carbon version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit of ol' TLC on the Peg today

Instagram: @titanium_dan

Pegoretti Ciavete MxxxxxO | Gellie Custom CX