Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 3203

Thread: Dario Pegoretti

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dario Pegoretti

Took my first ride last night...I'll post some more detailed photos later...

Peg Night.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial thoughts?
    Instagram: @titanium_dan

Pegoretti Ciavete MxxxxxO | Gellie Custom CX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by titanium_dan View Post
    Initial thoughts?
    I should mention it's a Responsorium built in 2013...but a new bike.

Pretty incredible ride. Very balanced, stable, and feels quite fast the more you put into it. Just hums along at 40kph, which is fast for me. It feels quite stiff to me, but not in a bad way, just really responsive.

The wheels are also interesting. Corima rims laced to Onyx hubs. I may not build another wheelset without Onyx hubs. They roll so so smoothly and I very much love having no sound when freewheeling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New (but frame built in 2012) Duende. Still working out the kinks, but great so far.

IMG_1083 by matt-b, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Pasquale View Post
    I should mention it's a Responsorium built in 2013...but a new bike.

Pretty incredible ride. Very balanced, stable, and feels quite fast the more you put into it. Just hums along at 40kph, which is fast for me. It feels quite stiff to me, but not in a bad way, just really responsive.

The wheels are also interesting. Corima rims laced to Onyx hubs. I may not build another wheelset without Onyx hubs. They roll so so smoothly and I very much love having no sound when freewheeling.
    How do you like the rims? I'm tempted to give something similar a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    How do you like the rims? I'm tempted to give something similar a shot.
    Great...it was quite gusty on my ride home and they didn't seem to catch any of it. I was surprised. They are nice and wide too. The braking is good, there is a slight noise when applying light pressure to the front but it goes away with firmer pressure. Probably just need to fiddle with the pad alignment, I'm using the supplied Corima red pads. Not sure how they'll do in the wet, looks like they might struggle a bit.

The wheels as a system are just really really good. Stiff, responsive, roll very smoothly...the engagement of the hubs is very good. The bike sounds a amazing when descending without the sound of a typical freewheel. They only downside is the rear hub is one of the heaviest out there, but on this bike and at my weight (82kg) I wasn't really concerned with it. With pedals, cages and small lights the bike weighs 8.7kg. The groupo is Campagnolo Record 12 speed with a 50-34 and 11-30.

I need to give credit to @jerk...who isn't a Jerk at all. He convinced me to go for this wheel build and I'm glad he did, it wasn't even on my radar initially.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great...it was quite gusty on my ride home and they didn't seem to catch any of it. I was surprised. They are nice and wide too. The braking is good, there is a slight noise when applying light pressure to the front but it goes away with firmer pressure. Probably just need to fiddle with the pad alignment, I'm using the supplied Corima red pads. Not sure how they'll do in the wet, looks like they might struggle a bit.

The wheels as a system are just really really good. Stiff, responsive, roll very smoothly...the engagement of the hubs is very good. The bike sounds a amazing when descending without the sound of a typical freewheel. They only downside is the rear hub is one of the heaviest out there, but on this bike and at my weight (82kg) I wasn't really concerned with it. With pedals, cages and small lights the bike weighs 8.7kg. The groupo is Campagnolo Record 12 speed with a 50-34 and 11-30.

I need to give credit to @jerk...who isn't a Jerk at all. He convinced me to go for this wheel build and I'm glad he did, it wasn't even on my radar initially.
    Thanks for the info! Craig mentioned that wheel build to me and I've been contemplating it for a while. It's good to hear some additional thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some additional beauty shots...first longer ride tomorrow...

side profile.jpg

Panels.jpg

front 34.jpg

rear 34.jpg

front panel.jpg

back panel.jpg

front tape.jpg

front hub.jpg

Rear Hub.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy in good health Thad. Love my Respo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow record 12 looks pretty awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truly an awesome sight. Enjoy the ride!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thad's bike is one of my favorite Pegorettis we've done here at Summer Cycles. It was a frame we brought in to the shop about a year ago when we opened so we had some Pegorettis to show folks. It's special because while Dario oversaw the entirety of his operation- by the time he passed away there were lots of frames that his crew were building and painting on their own. The Venetian Stucco Reponsoriums were an exception insofar as Dario painted these himself. It's funny but early on, I could tell the difference between the frames welded by Dario and those welded by Pietro. Pietro's work was immaculate but it wasn't quite as good as Darios. In the last couple of years though I really can not tell a difference- at first I thought this was because they frames we'd been getting were all done by Dario- but I now know this was not the case- Pietro is just a quick study and his welds look as good as the maestro's now.

Thad didn't mention it but one really special touch he incorporated was sending us a roll of custom bar tape by Busyman. The tape is a beautiful black that is just this side of grey and matches the frame perfectly. The highlght color is a deep emerald that mimics perfectly the greens that Dario chose for the panel on this bike. You'll notice too that the Onyx hubs are sligtly speckled. I love the way this compliments the carbon weave of the Corima wheels and the deep black of the frame paint. I always worry about a race bike being too precious- but this tape nails it pefectly. It's elegant without missing the mark and looking gilded. Plus from a functional standpoint- this tape wears well and is super comfy. I've never been a fan of leather stye tape before- but this stuff changed my mind.

At first I was disappointed that Thad asked me to remove the Corima decals- I was worried the wheels would look cheap- like a no-name Chinese carbon wheelset- but I was very wrong. The decals would have taken away from the total package and the understated nature of the whole thing looks awesome. Plus- the shape and weave of the Corima wheels aren't easily confused with anything else.

This frame also came with a silver King D11 headset. It's funny because I didn't know there were Black ones- but Thad contacted Pegoretti and they were able to ship one out to us. I feel kind of bad- because I just opened up a Marcelo 52 in the CONN/Rust scheme that I've got here and guess what is in the package Thad? A black sotto voce King D11 headset! I had one here the whole time and didn't even know it!

I think we killed it with this bike. It's pretty special.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Craig, I had a great time working through this build with you and I can't wait to get back and ride the snot out of it.

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craig/Thad, gorgeous build. I like the Campag and the Onyx hubs are gorgeous. Also am interested in hearing more about the choice of Deda Trentacique bars/stem vs 31.8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely!

Now I want Busyman to create bartape for my Love #3 .
    And my Respo.

And my Zank...
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teleguy57 View Post
    Craig/Thad, gorgeous build. I like the Campag and the Onyx hubs are gorgeous. Also am interested in hearing more about the choice of Deda Trentacique bars/stem vs 31.8.
    Craig convinced me that they were really comfortable...and that they would look good with the proportions of the frame tubes...I'd say he was right on both accounts. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craig convinced me that they were really comfortable...and that they would look good with the proportions of the frame tubes...I'd say he was right on both accounts. :-)
    He steered me towards them on my Aerotack and now I'm going with them on an Interclub. And probably most other bikes to follow. I'm a fan.

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    He steered me towards them on my Aerotack and now I'm going with them on an Interclub. And probably most other bikes to follow. I'm a fan.
    Interesting. Carbon or alloy, gentlemen? I went from Zero100s to the Superleggara; maybe I should try try the Trentacinque. Although that means making a carbon/alloy decision, plus a new stem as well.... Did either of you ride the Zero100s or SL for a direct comparison??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Carbon or alloy, gentlemen? I went from Zero100s to the Superleggara; maybe I should try try the Trentacinque. Although that means making a carbon/alloy decision, plus a new stem as well.... Did either of you ride the Zero100s or SL for a direct comparison??
    I went with Carbon...I guess because I like spending money on things I don't really need. :)

My other bikes at the moment have Enve shallow drop and Fizik CYRANO Bull 00. I found that I like the bigger diameter of the Deda M35...seems it distributes the weight a bit more when climbing on the tops...it's ok to climb on the tops right? I know there is often debate on this here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aluminum for me. I have zero100s on a bunch of bikes, both RHM and Shallow drop, and superleggera on one bike. The 35s feel really solid. I havenít swapped a bike between one and the other to isolate the feel of the bars vs the rest of the front end, but my Aerotack with 35s is the most solid feeling front end Iíve ridden. The larger tops are also very comfortable.