Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CoMotion Cycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CoMotion Cycles

Here's some shots of my Norwester. I use it for rain, gravelly roads, or just for a change up. Handling is very balanced and sure. Welds are spotless on all Co-mo's. This is a fun bike to ride and I'd be fine with it if it was my only bike. Thankfully that's not true.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Too Tall; 12-01-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default wow

that looks great - agreed on the amazing looking tig work there. Somehow tig steel doesn't usually look as great as tig titanium but that is LOVELY.

Fantastic bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my Robusta. I can't say enough good about this bike. If you want a responsive, fast, light tandem this is the bike to look at. If you are a super lightweight team you may want to look at a Calfee or even the Co-Mo Macchiato, it has no mid down tube. If you are in to sprinting or a bit heavier this is your race tandem. I've said it before, Rolf wheels rock. Very stable to out of saddle sprints and they give you speed at, well, speed. No nosense, cutting edge tandem. Maybe not as beautiful as Dave Kirk's... this is a tool compared to that but it's an awesome tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Vax View Post
    Here's my Robusta. I can't say enough good about this bike. If you want a responsive, fast, light tandem this is the bike to look at. If you are a super lightweight team you may want to look at a Calfee or even the Co-Mo Macchiato, it has no mid down tube. If you are in to sprinting or a bit heavier this is your race tandem. I've said it before, Rolf wheels rock. Very stable to out of saddle sprints and they give you speed at, well, speed. No nosense, cutting edge tandem. Maybe not as beautiful as Dave Kirk's... this is a tool compared to that but it's an awesome tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're both sweet.
    I'm looking forward to a Hampsten crossbike built by Co-Motion someday.
    These ones look great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have been doing it right for yrs. THAT'S GREAT STUFF :) I dig do it all bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love that tandem. Want one. Where I live the caliper brakes would be fine. Nice job setting it up, looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely bikes in nice rich colors. Also extra points for the care taken with the photo set ups: bikes are clean, chain on big chainring/small rear cog, cranks lined up with seat tube, etc......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rohloff Nor'Wester.

Cross.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fenders

Vax- what fenders are those? Did they come with the flaps or did you add them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Co-Motion

Co-Motion doesn't get near enough love. They build a good bike, with a reasonable wait time, and a great value. They probably have more experience with S&S couplers then most all other builders combined.DSC_0043.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Co-Motion

Co-Motion does build some sweet machines. I'm looking forward to them building a Hampsten-badged cyclocross bike for me someday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got this in last week. Kitted out with the generous assistance of gentleman, scholar and all around good guy, Steve Hampsten.
    This started out over a year ago as a "great deal" NOS off of e-bay. Wrong CF fork and dented seat tube led to a custom fork, repair work and a re-paint by Dwan and the boys. Still a good deal in the end.
    Rides great, nice and stable hands off and fits well. Fenders are perfect and a much appreciated addition in my neck of the woods. Will add a pic in full commuter kit when I get one.

Shawn G

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am a huge fan. nice bikes. Dwan built me my first "bespoke" frame set back in the day. now i am ready to build him one.
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NorWester Update:

A few pics of my NorWester in full all-weather, day/nite commuter mode. I rode this bike all summer as depicted in the previous post above (with the addition of the Carradice Bagman and Nelson long-flap bag) as my primary commuter/all-rounder bike. With Michelin ProRace 25s this is a great bike and as Vax stated above, could easily serve all my needs (fast group rides sans bag, wet-weather training bike, daily comuter, etc.).
    Now that the sun has dipped below the equator the days have gotten mighty short this far north, thus the addition of the Schmidt dyno-hub front wheel and lights (thanks to fellow forumite PeterB). I also picked up a pair of Michelin Pilot Sports in 28mm width to decrease the likelihood of punctures with all of the wet-weather riding I am doing this time of year. The addition of the heavier wheels, tires and lights have made the bike a bit of a truck, but it still handles really nice. Nice and stable hands-off even with the bag fully loaded up with gear. The only thing I have been less than completely pleased with is that this frame/fork rides harsher than I expected. With all of the gear stripped off, the bike's ride reminds me most of my old aluminum CAAD7, a bike I thought rode well for an aluminum frame, but less plush than I expected from a steel bike. The CoMo steel fork is definitely over-built for unloaded riding and probably contributes to some of the bikes stiff-ish ride quality. IMO this bike is happier with a bit of a load on-board and rides better that way. As with all Co-Motion's I've seen, the TIG welds are flawless and the paint is really nice too. All in all I've been pleased with my NorWester and would recommend it to anyone in the market for a nice, American-built all-rounder.

Shawn G

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are serious headlights. Nice framepump BTW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody's posted in a while but here's my como. Not sure of the model. The Alter is gone, so is the Vuelta wheelset.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an oldy but a goody, frame and paint by Co-Motion:
    Steve Hampsten
    www.hampsten.blogspot.com
    "Tighten the wingnuts!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not many Co-Motions around here.

I think Co-Motion is a medium sized builder doing it right. They support the OBRA scene and sponsor a lot of events; I've had an affinity for their utilitarian bikes for many years but never could justify buying one. I still can't, but I did anyway. I'll use this Nor'Wester for commuting, wet weather riding and any mixed surface rides. It takes 57mm brakes and has fender eyelets, room for 32s or 28s + fenders. I have a hodgepodge of parts waiting to build it with, mostly Shimano 11 speed, 5800 and 6800, Tektro brakes and A23/WI wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    Not many Co-Motions around here.

I think Co-Motion is a medium sized builder doing it right. They support the OBRA scene and sponsor a lot of events; I've had an affinity for their utilitarian bikes for many years but never could justify buying one. I still can't, but I did anyway. I'll use this Nor'Wester for commuting, wet weather riding and any mixed surface rides. It takes 57mm brakes and has fender eyelets, room for 32s or 28s + fenders. I have a hodgepodge of parts waiting to build it with, mostly Shimano 11 speed, 5800 and 6800, Tektro brakes and A23/WI wheels.

Sweet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast