Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cinelli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: something new

The graphic is from Cinelli's site. The above Vigorelli is an actual race bike that claimed to have some advantages over the aluminum models when raced on less than perfect road circuits. I was always under the impression that the tubing wasn't as important as the design, though the same bike in Spirit would be 'nicer'. The lower end tubing was probably more of a low cost experiment on how they would ride when taken off the track. I like the way the bike rides, but it is a pretty stout frame and with full road components, it will be heavy by modern steel standards. It is not an issue in fixed or single speed. That said, It would end up being a pretty aggressive road bike. I think Artie is getting the same fork that comes with it on his new Hampsten...which is going to be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: something new

Quote Originally Posted by Jef58 View Post
    ...The above Vigorelli is an actual race bike that claimed to have some advantages over the aluminum models when raced on less than perfect road circuits. I was always under the impression that the tubing wasn't as important as the design, though the same bike in Spirit would be 'nicer'. The lower end tubing was probably more of a low cost experiment on how they would ride when taken off the track. I like the way the bike rides, but it is a pretty stout frame and with full road components, it will be heavy by modern steel standards. It is not an issue in fixed or single speed. That said, It would end up being a pretty aggressive road bike. I think Artie is getting the same fork that comes with it on his new Hampsten...which is going to be awesome.
    +23mm of BB height is not to be underestimated, especially for the ones with long legs. Let alone the way the bike will behave.
    If you add to this a tubing that is not going to "feel" that good and won't have the same ability to reward your effort & smooth down the shocks, it's a no-no for me.
    That said, my old-ish Bootleg Mystic is always a great ride

Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London

"Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi così colà dove si puote
    ciò che si vuole, e più non dimandare"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123