Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bicycle Parts Stash Pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bicycle Parts Stash Pics

Todd Holland, this is for you buddy. Two brand spanking new Grammos in threadless and quill. The threadless is 135 and quill is 140, oh momma. What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Feel free to torture us with some pics. of things you have and can't seem to part with, no pun intended.

grammo1.jpg

grammo2.jpg

grammo3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bicycle Parts Stash Pics

Behold my shame! When a company discontinues your favorite saddle, it's time for desperate measures. Even more so when said saddle has a lifespan of about 5,000 miles. So while I may have the worlds largest inventory of 2nd generation Flites, it's really only a few years worth of inventory. I'll be slowly transitioning to the Prologo or Fabric alternatives that have worked well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good start. Thanks for playing Matt. I might have a saddle to send.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got rid of my stashes when I moved - old saddles, brake rotors, cranks, shifters, derailleurs, stems, seatposts...

basement_10_08.jpg

Bikes Not Bombs had a good day when I showed up.

Now I've got a small stock of tubes, tires and, of course, extra wheels.

20161120_120706.jpg

Plus a bunch of bikes.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Todd Holland, this is for you buddy. Two brand spanking new Grammos in threadless and quill. The threadless is 135 and quill is 140, oh momma. What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Feel free to torture us with some pics. of things you have and can't seem to part with, no pun intended.

grammo1.jpg

grammo2.jpg

grammo3.jpg
    Sell these things on ebay, man.. There is 500 dollars of not being used stems right there.
    I came here for the socks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have too many vintage mountain bikes and i can't sell any of them. Too much history.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Behold my shame! When a company discontinues your favorite saddle, it's time for desperate measures. Even more so when said saddle has a lifespan of about 5,000 miles. So while I may have the worlds largest inventory of 2nd generation Flites, it's really only a few years worth of inventory. I'll be slowly transitioning to the Prologo or Fabric alternatives that have worked well.

Only 5000miles ? What do you do to your saddles ?
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colker View Post
    I have too many vintage mountain bikes and i can't sell any of them. Too much history.
    More pictures less apologetic. We all have bad habits. Fondling nostalgic NOS bits calms me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    It's just those flites. The shell gets soft in the middle and eventually the saddle rests on the top of the seat post cradle. Once that happens they go from awesome to miserable and it's time for the trash bin. You can even feel notches in the underside of the shell from where it ends up resting on the clamp. I weigh around 152 most of the time so it's not like I'm too heavy for them. My Prologo Nago Evo that's been in service for a couple years has at least 5K miles and looks nearly perfect. Maybe some of the flites last a little longer, but I'm not getting years out of them.

I also have an embarrassing stash of Shimano cleats, but that's mostly because I swapped a fleet of bikes from speedplay to SPD-SL, which resulted in more cleats than shoes to mount them on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with DavidS on this one.

1800sqft NJ Home => 750sqft Boston apartment = Donate to Recycle-a-Bicycle before you move.

And my stash of 2 Selle Italia ProLink Gel is not going to match up to what Strongin is showing (it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight)
    Life is too short to ride uncomfortable bikes
    N=1 (custom Seven Axiom SL, mid-reach brake, 28mm or larger tire, fender mounts, pump peg, and 11x32 cassette)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colker View Post
    I felt the same way until recently. These lovely parts were in my big orange plastic bin until a few weeks ago when they went to new homes:

NOS Paul Components Derailleur

Precision Billet Proshift Front & Rear Derailleurs:

Cook Bros Racing RSR Crankset

Syncros Revolution 130BCD Crankset (Included NOS 110 BCD adapter with sale)

Kooka Racha Brake Levers

Ringle MOJO Cable Hangers

Syncros Titanium Seat Post 27.2

Cook Bros Racing Skewers (2 sets)

Nuke Proof Twist Tight Skewers (2 sets)

Note: I know it says stuff we have, and I'll post some of those later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    More pictures less apologetic. We all have bad habits. Fondling nostalgic NOS bits calms me.
    I dont ride these anymore but i am keeping them. Till someone w/ high powers tell me to get rid asap. Not to mention all the seatposts in 26.4 and 28.6 plus all the quill stems, ahead stems, hbars, cassette, chains..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we are cookin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Going to be a couple days for photos but in throwing stuff out a couple of weeks ago I accepted that there's plenty of shiny and/or brushed finish old parts that are with me for the long haul.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Holy thread of the week, Batman.

Toots, those Grammos run at least 5-mm long in my experience, so yours are looooooong!

Holy fucking shit Mr Dangerpants, do you have a temple or shrine I can come visit? I did have the Syncros Nivacrom cranks (on an Otis Guy Ti) and still have the Nuke Proof skewers (guaranteed to rend flesh in a crash).

Number 40 out of 40.
    Tdd Hllnd

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. -- Desmond Tutu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Got wood?

Tdd Hllnd

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. -- Desmond Tutu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toddskie is on it. Everyone Ccick the nominate icon and get this thread elevated to thread of the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    The snow really takes it's toll on saddles these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got me some mint, in the bag (mostly) Chorus 10spd alloy stuff. I have another set out of the bag as well. I have plans for both sets but I'm not rushing to execute either plan. It's important to note that I'm not saving this stuff. I fully intend to use it. If I didn't it would have all been eBay-ed a long time ago.

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

v3.jpg

I'm guilty of stock-piling Flite saddles as well. I have 3 that are new or nearly new, plus 3 on bikes that are in excellent condition. There are other saddles I like, but none as much as this version of the Flite.

v4.jpg

But this is my best/worst guilty admission. I have one set of yellow and two sets of red LOOK S2R Moab MTB pedals NOS, AND two sets of the silver (slightly softer spring) LOOK MTB pedals in stock. Plus, probably in the neighborhood of 5 to 7 sets of actively used, nearly indestructible, LOOK Moab pedals kicking around. Heavy? Yes. Awesome with with large cleats that never wear out and dual release with a solid and wide platform that sheds mud well and rarely gets caught up in trail crap and just keeps working, even on a bike messenger bike for over a year? Yes. Best. Pedals. Ever.

v5.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDangerPants View Post
    I felt the same way until recently. These lovely parts were in my big orange plastic bin until a few weeks ago when they went to new homes:

Note: I know it says stuff we have, and I'll post some of those later.
    It's hard to come to terms with the fact that you don't need to own something to appreciate it. It's built into our culture that you need to own stuff. Possessions = Happiness. All that stuff, if you weren't riding it, if you weren't experiencing it, then it needed to go. I coveted those damn Syncros Revolution welded cromoly cranks for years before I owned a pair and then cringed as they creaked with each turn. I sold them to a friend who also longed for a pair, who rode them for 3 months, and then sold them to someone else. Sometimes (often) the dream is better than the reality.

All that stuff is neat, really neat; I mean, Paul derailleurs? Fcukyeah that's cool. But sitting on a shelf it's just pretty stuff. I've owned some really neat, and rare, bikes and bike stuff over the years. I've sold most of it. Shit weighs you down, man. You did the right thing in selling all that stuff. No matter how awesome it was/is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast