User Tag List

Thread: Allied Cycle Works

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Allied Cycle Works

Going to be bold here and start a thread for Allied Cycle Works: ALLIED CYCLE WORKS - USA MADE CARBON FIBER ROAD BIKES – ALLIED CYCLE WORKS a brand by HIA VELO

With their new "Able" model winning Dirty Kanza 2019, I'm sure their phone has been ringing -- anybody here picked one up yet? Any other Alfas or Alfa Allroads?

I picked mine up in the second-hand market. It's an Allied Alfa model, with some level of custom paint, that must have been a demo or photo-shoot frame - it was barely ridden from the looks of things. The 58cm geo looked great for me - long/low, relatively speaking. And the frame has some nice touches like a threaded BB and nifty cable-routing for mech or electro. I of course love that both the frame and fork are made in house, and Made in the USA. The price was right, so making it my next experiment was an easy choice. The only downside is that the steerer was trimmed quite aggressively - just enough room for a short-stack stem like the Deda SL I have on there now..

Anyway, the ride is exceptional. It handles similar to the Look 585 Ultra I had, but with a bit more snap and lighter feel. The build quality is excellent, inside and out. It should clear 28s, though I like it with the 26s I'm using on there now. It's not the bike I'd choose for taking in the scenery or logging 100+ mile days (I have my Kirk for that), but for playing racer-guy, it's quite fun. I have some Reynolds Aero 46 tubulars coming for it to really complete the look and feel - for now though, Fulcrum Racing Zeros are working.

Dan in Oregon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Allied Cycle Works

Thatís a great looking bike! Iíve seen one on the road but never had a chance to get up close. Glad to hear youíre happy with it.