Newport Rhode Island ---> Tijuana Mexico 2021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 333Fab

Quote Originally Posted by wgp View Post
    Ride in health Yash - will miss seeing you on the Rapha shop rides here in DC! Though I haven’t gone since COVID began ...
    I hope that we can safely group ride from Rapha again by the time I get back to dc in July 2021!
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yashkatsumi View Post
    New decals, more tubeless selant, new stem, and new road pedals. Great bike for anything.

Attachment 116365
    Bloody hell that's nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cs124 View Post
    Bloody hell that's nice.
    Thank you!

For sure, this is the nicest, most versatile bike I have owned. I am a bike addict so I am always looking for new bikes to buy, but I can't justify a new one when this one seems to do everything I want. The bike is almost three years old, and during that time I haven't bought a new bike, which is the longest I have gone in the 23 years I have been riding without buying a new frame/fork! I have found that the 32mm slicks are fast enough for hard road riding, and wide enough for dirt road rides like the JamFundo loop.
    544D5B18-0F03-4694-A4FB-560065714BFF.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was about to go on a ride but then chickened out because of all the ice and 20 degree temps. Next time.

CC00B785-4118-46FA-8EE1-B4AA9E94DF31.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was about to go on a ride but then chickened out because of all the ice and 20 degree temps. Next time.
    Yeah, screw the cold.

Have you been running a small ring on this the whole time or did you have a double at some point?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coreyaugustus View Post
    Yeah, screw the cold.

Have you been running a small ring on this the whole time or did you have a double at some point?
    Today I lucked out and I had a window of two hours before the sleet to get in a quick ride. I got battered by the 25mph cross wind coming in from the ocean.

I have had all kinds of configurations on this bike. I recently popped off the 34-50 and am testing out a 38t 1x system with a 160mm crank. For solo rides and gravel rides I think this set up is fine. For a faster group riding setting I don't think it is sufficient.

My dream crankset would be a Rotor Aldhu 160mm crank arms, mated to an offset 30-46 direct mount oval chainring set. This would check all boxes (maximize chainstay clearance, eliminate toe overlap, extra love from oval rings) but they cost so much $$$$$$$$$

91061902-8CA0-4355-846C-34201BA3F835.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t let the 333 gallery slip off the first page.

Have had this three years now and I wouldn’t change a thing. (Well, I did go from white saddle and tape to black, and add a second set of wheels with 650x42 slicks)
    This bike and the C&O path were made for each other.

my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iíve never really wanted a disc brake road bike before but this looks great, if I was to go down that road your bike is a great example of what I might want. A really nice bike! 👍
    Riding has to be fun, and part of the fun has to be that youíre not worried about having too much technology on your bike. - Tom Ritchey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Roszak View Post
    I’ve never really wanted a disc brake road bike before but this looks great, if I was to go down that road your bike is a great example of what I might want. A really nice bike! ��
    Thank you Sascha for your kind words. This bike has been pretty perfect. I still have a couple of rim bikes (Neo primato, 2x Zanks) and they are great for 95% of conditions. Where I really love the discs is on the rare occasion where I am doing extended descents in bad weather and my fingers are frozen. Last weekend I was riding up in the Vt mountains and it was much colder and much wetter than I expected and my fingers were frozen. It was still pretty easy to brake on the descents, even though my bike was soaked and I could barely pull the levers. In special situations like this, I feel discs are nice. All other times I feel like it makes the bike heavy and the shifters are sooo huge and heavy...
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of Max during this rainy windy ride. F6B69250-48E9-44C2-9CA6-FAC53FD88658.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678