Thread: 333Fab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 333Fab

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    is it me, or is that bar tape too clean?
    Working on it.
    Just a few minor things like a new job and three kids under five complicating things a bit.
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCDB8197-538F-4885-B5CE-766225547206.jpg
    Had a chance to ride the Vt overland gravel ride last sunday. 43miles and around 5,700 feet of vert. There was very little asphalt, a lot of smooth gravel climbing, some really sketchy rooty muddy rocky decents, and some steep muddy rocky climbs.

Gear choice was 50-34, 11-34, gravel king sk 38mm. The bike performed flawlessly. I did not experience any of the knee pain, neck pain, nor back pain that I was expecting. During the ride, I wanted to tell my riding partner how incredible my bike was riding, but I kept it to myself, as I did not want to jinx it. Only after I crossed the finish line, and I was being interviewed by a reporter from cyclowired.jp, did I express how perfect my bike rode.

It was a well organized, cool event, and if it were not such a far trip, I would do it again.

I also met someone who had almost the same bike as me.
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E5E70453-8531-4161-B67C-6048810D7721.jpg

Enjoying my new life in DC. I have never seen so many specialized and trek carbon bikes in my life. I am usually the only one on any group ride riding a ti bike, and gasp, alloy wheels. I was a bit concerened whether riding an all roads bike would cut it for the super fast group rides, but so far, it looks like I just need more training and more familiarity of riding 25-35 mph on this bike.

Even though I was super cooked already (101 degrees at hour three) I stopped to honor my main man Nairo.
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AirLandSea with Seven Matador fork. Definitely lightens things up and the change in rake making it less of a low trail rig makes the bike feel more like a cross bike than with the steel fork. Each version has its place; on the fence as to whether I'll go back to the steel fork and rack for winter commuting as the Matador fork has fender mounts and a front crown boss for attaching a dynamo light.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been a lurker here for some time now a figured it was time to share. I picked up my first custom bike two weeks ago from Max, a Ti All-Road intended to be my year round bike in Seattle. Really happy with how the bike behaves so far, its damp yet quick, and is a blast to ride. Planning to hop aboard the 650b bandwagon eventually and get some a 650b wheel set with some 47mm tires for off roading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to post a hack I discovered.

I could never get my clamp on R8000 front mech to work on my 333fab. Once set up as required by the Shimano instructions, it always took a lot of force to shift into the big ring. I realized that the front derailleur cage sat very close to the seat tube and I had to screw in the low adjustment height all the way for it to shift correctly. This could not be the most optimal condition for such a carefully engineered front mech.

I bought a Sram Wide front derailleur clamp, and mated that to a braze on R8000 front mech. I had to dremel the front clamp a little to make this work, but it was about a five minute alteration. This combination moved the front derailleur 2.5mm away from the seat tube, as compared with the clamp on front mech. When I installed this set up, I noticed that the low and high set bolts were in a neutral position, and it was noticeably easier to shift into the big ring.

This was the one issue I had with this bike, and I am happy to have solved it. An additional plus is that I can use the integrated Sram chain catcher with this new set up. I hope this experiment helps others who are not getting the optimal shift performance from their R8000 front mech.

4C900001-570A-40DA-B984-908FBDFEDC45.jpg7625682F-A278-46A1-81A9-1A15CA3DCB91.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

27828AA1-2829-4498-9029-60F64BD60460.jpg

Skipped the usual Rapha Rcc group ride to do some solo riding. I was able to find a route, all on bike lanes, to the C&O trail. The trail was a bit messy, but the 333fab handled it quite well. As the weather worsens, I can see riding this loop becoming my go-to. Dropped in to the Rapha clubhouse for a latte and almond honey bar. Overall, a really fantastic morning.
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast & Fun with the "skinny" cx tires...

my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AirLandSea in its native environment

IMG_20181107_123853 by Greg Costello, on Flickr

MVIMG_20181008_153711 by Greg Costello, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a costly weekend. On a slushy, salty, 25mph cross wind day, something happened to my rear mech, and with no warning the cage ripped off the mech body and was dangling from the chain. No one had a chain tool so I had to ride 16 miles back to the shop with my chain dangling like this and ghost shifting every couple of revolutions. I was afraid the chain damaged my frame, but after the clean up, no scratches and the hanger was straight. I love ti.

D6D47C7D-77A9-4F8B-8655-C36592AFF14B.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In order to avoid rush hour traffic while training, I have been staying on the local bike paths. On a 1.5 hour course, I can hit a bunch of punchy climbs, fifeteen minutes of gravel, and finish it off with a nice pint (why not) at a bar conveniently located next to my LBS. My ride is officially finished when I hit 1,000 Kj.
    076B6A5F-41F6-427F-A35A-7731F6EFA62F.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pint to end every training ride? I think you are past training and have become the master.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly not every ride! I give myself an hour and a half to do this loop, and if I crush it, I can finish it in 1.15 hours, at which time I allow myself to allocate the extra 15 minutes for beer drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    A pint to end every training ride? I think you are past training and have become the master.
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Middlesex is my home for the next couple of days. I Have had the pleasure of exploring a bunch of trails, bike paths, and great coffee stops. I love how my 333fab rolls on 38mm gravelking sks at 35 psi. So smooth and fast. The ti glows so bright in the afternoon sun, I feel so lucky to ride a bike like this.

Today I had the choice of staying out for an extra hour of riding, or rushing back to some home made katsu-don. I knew I made the right choice to come home when I could smell the pork being deep fried. This is the same recipe my mom has been making since 1970s, which she reluctantly learned from my grandmother who learned to make it in the 1940s.
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see a pic of the katsu-don!!

Quote Originally Posted by yashkatsumi View Post
    Middlesex is my home for the next couple of days. I Have had the pleasure of exploring a bunch of trails, bike paths, and great coffee stops. I love how my 333fab rolls on 38mm gravelking sks at 35 psi. So smooth and fast. The ti glows so bright in the afternoon sun, I feel so lucky to ride a bike like this.

Today I had the choice of staying out for an extra hour of riding, or rushing back to some home made katsu-don. I knew I made the right choice to come home when I could smell the pork being deep fried. This is the same recipe my mom has been making since 1970s, which she reluctantly learned from my grandmother who learned to make it in the 1940s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a picture, but food looks so disgusting in photos! It was a pretty amazing meal though, I could have easily eaten two bowls.

Instead I will leave you a picture of my 333fab. Today, I got absolutely crushed by the quickly changing new england weather. Started the ride in the high 50s, and within ten minutes it was pouring rain and 39 degrees. I was totally frozen and had to thaw out at ridestudiocafe in lexington center. I had three hours planned, but ended up with only 1.5 hours, and when I finally got home, I shivered in the shower for twenty minutes. At least I caught a glimpse of local legend Richard Fries chilling out at the cafe.

BC04E6C0-1348-442A-A1D4-E24166E74E7F.jpg

B4525AFB-6313-4B3C-A26B-7A741D98577A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by arimajol View Post
    Let's see a pic of the katsu-don!!
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marley View Post
    The Fells?
    This picture was taken on Girard road in Winchester, next to someone's house. It looked so out of place, like it was part of the fells which had been transplanted there, I had to take a picture.
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not o here much as I am across the hall at the PL. I thought I would post my new to me toy. I bought this exact bike on the pre-owned market. I have one short 21 mile ride on it and need to make a few changes. If this is as sweet as I think it is gonna be I could easily be a one bike stable.
    Ill post some pics once I have it dialed in to me.
    Super Stoked 219: Gideon’s 333 Fab AirLandSea Kyler Martz Cascadian Rambler | The Radavist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skiezo View Post
    Im not o here much as I am across the hall at the PL. I thought I would post my new to me toy. I bought this exact bike on the pre-owned market. I have one short 21 mile ride on it and need to make a few changes. If this is as sweet as I think it is gonna be I could easily be a one bike stable.
    Ill post some pics once I have it dialed in to me.
    Super Stoked 219: Gideon’s 333 Fab AirLandSea Kyler Martz Cascadian Rambler | The Radavist
    Nice- that looks like the "full build kit" option that Max had when taking orders.
    Really dig that front light setup - one of the few regrets I have about the Enve fork is the lack of mounting options (though not a big deal given my riding profile these days.)
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345