Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 333Fab

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Coffee run

How is the falls church NSS? That will be my friday morning pastry ride coffee shop starting in august. Come say Hi, I will be on a 333fab ti or a Neo Primato. 07E17DAC-E831-420D-9A16-F87A0483A5B4.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yashkatsumi View Post
    How is the falls church NSS? That will be my friday morning pastry ride coffee shop starting in august. Come say Hi, I will be on a 333fab ti or a Neo Primato. 07E17DAC-E831-420D-9A16-F87A0483A5B4.jpg
    Apparently they opened only yesterday. I was headed towards Rare Bird (a little frou frou and slow service but decent coffee) and noticed they were open. The build out is miles nicer than the Clarendon one, and I’m assuming the coffee (Counter Culture beans) will be the same.

I work from home now and live a half mile from there so I imagine I’ll be a regular soon enough.

Holler once your Friday schedule is starting up. I have school dropoff MWF so it’s a bit tougher than Tue/Thu.
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Mexico Blue paint, Columbus HSS steel, T47 bottom bracket, SRM Origin 30mm power meter, SRAM eTap, powdercoated King titanium cages, and no derailleur bosses. Also tubulars, because tubulars. The inaugural ride this morning was a success!

image1.jpg
    image4.jpg
    image5.jpg
    image8.jpg
    image10.jpg
    image11.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. Thatís awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really rad bike and a super cool build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handsome bike. Great color.
    Agree on Max being awesome to work with.
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

333fab all roads in road bike mode. I love this bike. It has been a good 178 days since I have been able to ride outdoors. I finally came back to the US on monday. So far, 7 hours of riding in. The constant rollers of Middlesex county is just killing me.

I made some recent changes.
    Specialized power-> Fizik Arione r3 open
    Fizik bull handlebar 42cm-> ritchey evo max 40cm
    The Arione saddle is making my butt hurt, but I think that is because I have not done crap in the past three weeks.

The shape of the ritchey evo max is fantastic. It has all kinds of cool features.

I am trying to get ready for a 2-3 gap ride in Vt on monday, but I fear I am totally unprepared.

Knowing now that this bike is a totally capable road and cross bike, I plan to sell my trek crockett, time vx edge, and ritchey road logic to make space.
    0B58650C-4C7A-40FA-B980-6B565D48D59B.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evo max is a great shape for a handlebar.

Lovely bike. Ride it slow enough to take in the views.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow is all I have right now! Everything hurts, and I feel overwhelmed by the traffic, but at least I am riding outside and the air is so clean.

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Evo max is a great shape for a handlebar.

Lovely bike. Ride it slow enough to take in the views.
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

333fab all roads in road bike mode. I love this bike. It has been a good 178 days since I have been able to ride outdoors. I finally came back to the US on monday. So far, 7 hours of riding in. The constant rollers of Middlesex county is just killing me.

I made some recent changes.
    Specialized power-> Fizik Arione r3 open
    Fizik bull handlebar 42cm-> ritchey evo max 40cm
    The Arione saddle is making my butt hurt, but I think that is because I have not done crap in the past three weeks.

The shape of the ritchey evo max is fantastic. It has all kinds of cool features.

I am trying to get ready for a 2-3 gap ride in Vt on monday, but I fear I am totally unprepared.

Knowing now that this bike is a totally capable road and cross bike, I plan to sell my trek crockett, time vx edge, and ritchey road logic to make space.
    0B58650C-4C7A-40FA-B980-6B565D48D59B.jpg
    Did your Falls Church plans change?
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow is all I have right now! Everything hurts, and I feel overwhelmed by the traffic, but at least I am riding outside and the air is so clean.
    Yo! Did I miss a car/bike encounter? Post crash PTS is real! I got diagnosed with it after I got hit. it does improve. A good bike like that will help, too. ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still coming, spending August in Boston to work on some projects. 0AD7EF87-C8B1-4F89-9D9D-80555FC9079D.jpg640BA588-BAA7-4ED4-8DA8-27FE2F1FB541.jpg

Did your Falls Church plans change?
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No crash, but I just left Beijing where the air pollution prevented me from riding outdoors for the past four years, so I only have zwift miles!

Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    Yo! Did I miss a car/bike encounter? Post crash PTS is real! I got diagnosed with it after I got hit. it does improve. A good bike like that will help, too. ��
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This bike really comes together on these little dirt adventures. Today was the first real day where I felt really connected to the bike. The 38mm gravelking sk's are nicer and faster than I initially thought.

The one problem I am having is that I can not get the r8000 front mech set up in a way so that it does not take a ton of force to shift to the big ring. The chainrings appear to be too far away from the seat tube as I have to screw in the low adjustment screw all the way in for the cage to be in the right location. The derailleur is not working in an efficient manner. I am curious whether the band type front mech sits closer to the frame versus the braze on + clamp set up?

C97059A5-E55E-4E8D-97C7-0A95EAFFECF6.jpg0F6F4839-9627-4364-9F65-348FFBE2B02E.jpg
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on those trails yesterday! Kinda boring but... it's the best we got around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was moving my Robert Axle (for trailer) over to the 333 today and otherwise fiddling around in the garage, and figured it'd be a good time to snap some pics with the camera rather than my phone.
    Having a blast with this thing, especially since I swapped to the WTB tires from the slick Panaracers. Nothing crazy yet (see: 3 kids under 5), but I can link up a fair amount of dirt in a 2 hr ride from home.

I've mainly been using my Slate to pull the trailer since it's usually with my 4 year old and I'm more comfortable leaving it outside of a few coffee/beer/lunch shops, but I'm home alone with the twins this week, and planing on dragging them around on the Air Land Sea after naps today and tomorrow.

my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed the ride this morning. Rode the bike path to Bedford, then made the transfer on to the gravel and rode that as far as it would go. Rain was on and off, enjoyed a coffee at RSC, and finished it off with a small sub threshold effort around mystic lake.

Quote Originally Posted by xeladragon View Post
    I was on those trails yesterday! Kinda boring but... it's the best we got around here.
    Yash Katsumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped in Max's shop here in Fremont a couple weeks back. It was awesome to take a peek at some of the stuff they're working on. Love these 333 all-road rigs. If I wasn't on a two-bike limit while in the queue for another, I'd be in real trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I need one of those - that just looks awesome!

I was moving my Robert Axle (for trailer) over to the 333 today and otherwise fiddling around in the garage, and figured it'd be a good time to snap some pics with the camera rather than my phone.
    Having a blast with this thing, especially since I swapped to the WTB tires from the slick Panaracers. Nothing crazy yet (see: 3 kids under 5), but I can link up a fair amount of dirt in a 2 hr ride from home.

I've mainly been using my Slate to pull the trailer since it's usually with my 4 year old and I'm more comfortable leaving it outside of a few coffee/beer/lunch shops, but I'm home alone with the twins this week, and planing on dragging them around on the Air Land Sea after naps today and tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it me, or is that bar tape too clean?
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast