User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 100

Thread: 333Fab

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    We should be seeing the first batch of those in the next week or so right? I check his Ig everyday for updates

    Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Dope- looks stout!

    I saw on Max's IG that the AirLandSea's are in production. I had been putting mine out of my mind, but it's starting to creep in a bit.
    Yash Katsumi

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Last time I chatted with Max he was going to do small batches - a couple mediums, etc. then move to a different size - likely tied to the way the orders cluster. I went over to his and Bill's shop before I pulled the trigger to see the demo bike in person as I was on the fence on the paint. I think it looks fantastic - get a better sense of the real colors and all the decals etc. in person.

    Our weather has turned and I suspect that when this bike comes home the rest will be parked for most of the rest of the wet season.
     

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    You did not happen to see my frame sitting at the shop did you? It is all done but waiting for the fork. Sigh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Costello View Post
    Last time I chatted with Max he was going to do small batches - a couple mediums, etc. then move to a different size - likely tied to the way the orders cluster. I went over to his and Bill's shop before I pulled the trigger to see the demo bike in person as I was on the fence on the paint. I think it looks fantastic - get a better sense of the real colors and all the decals etc. in person.

    Our weather has turned and I suspect that when this bike comes home the rest will be parked for most of the rest of the wet season.
    Yash Katsumi

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Quote Originally Posted by yashkatsumi View Post
    You did not happen to see my frame sitting at the shop did you? It is all done but waiting for the fork. Sigh.
    I saw Martin putting the finishing touches on a fork yesterday...
    Steve Hampsten
    www.hampsten.blogspot.com
    "Tighten the wingnuts!"

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Quote Originally Posted by hampco View Post
    I saw Martin putting the finishing touches on a fork yesterday...
    Steve! Happy belated birthday. That frame is another lucky customerís as my fork is still in the air somewhere over the US.
    Yash Katsumi

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    It was an excellent birthday - thank you!

    Today Martin corrected me, not yours...
    Steve Hampsten
    www.hampsten.blogspot.com
    "Tighten the wingnuts!"

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Quote Originally Posted by hampco View Post
    It was an excellent birthday - thank you!

    Today Martin corrected me, not yours...
    You had me all excited.
    Yash Katsumi

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Quote Originally Posted by yashkatsumi View Post
    You did not happen to see my frame sitting at the shop did you? It is all done but waiting for the fork. Sigh.
    sorry I was there about a month or so ago, so nope. What fork?
     

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Costello View Post
    sorry I was there about a month or so ago, so nope. What fork?
    I ordered a Parlee Gravel/cross fork because I wanted to go flat mount and 12mm thru axle.

    It looks really nice, and has interesting features like integrated fender mounts. The fork utilizes a 1.25" integrated crown/race to be used with a Canecreek 110 headset. Aesthetically, I feel that the 44mm head tube mates best with the smaller diameter of a 1.25" lower headset cup.
    Yash Katsumi

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Excellent! Looking forward to seeing some more detailed shots!
     

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    A dangerous you tube video for me. Camera and bike fabrication!

    Yash Katsumi

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Posts
    1,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Quote Originally Posted by yashkatsumi View Post
    A dangerous you tube video for me. Camera and bike fabrication!

    Very cool -- both great topics. Fun to see Max in action. He was working with Steve and welded my Hampsten ti Gran Paradiso -- amazing work.
     

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Quote Originally Posted by yashkatsumi View Post
    A dangerous you tube video for me. Camera and bike fabrication!

    Great video, thanks for sharing! I keep going back and forth between 333 and Rock Lobster on my next frame..
     

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    That dual bicycle/camera review was awesome! Thank you for posting.
     

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    "Rugged Road" Seattle style.
    Attached Images Attached Images
     

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Proper.
     

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    5,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Looks great Greg. What size did you get?
    Mine should be built up by next weekend.
    my name is Matt

    INSTA

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Looks great Greg. What size did you get?
    Mine should be built up by next weekend.
    Hey Matt, It's an XL. Are you getting a complete build or just frame?

    I think the paint looks much better in person than on the web. I love the whimsical, don't take yourself so damn seriously nature of the paint. The decals play to so many Pacific NW natural features that resonate with me.
     

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    5,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 333Fab

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Costello View Post
    Hey Matt, It's an XL. Are you getting a complete build or just frame?

    I think the paint looks much better in person than on the web. I love the whimsical, don't take yourself so damn seriously nature of the paint. The decals play to so many Pacific NW natural features that resonate with me.
    I bought just the frame but with an ENVE fork. Shifting most of the parts off my cross bike.

    Agreed on the paint. I only had the frame unpacked for an hour before taking to the shop to build it and I couldn’t stop turning it around and spying all the features.
    my name is Matt

    INSTA

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •