User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    i am importing and distributing PegoRichie tubing, a.k.a. Spirit For Lugs,
    made by columbus. following a collaboration with dario pegoretti to design
    and have the parts made, i have used the set exclusively for the past
    three years. it pleased me to take part in the project as a co-inventor,
    and now further pleasure will come by being a conduit for other f'builders
    who want to use the sets on their frames.

    in addition to distributing the pipes, i will also further discount any cast
    frame parts from the RS menu when bundled with a tubing order. more news
    on this and prices in a few. email me at richardsachscycles@gmail.com if
    you have any questions atmo. i'll pipe in later if there are follow up posts.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    9,715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a link on your "goodies" page with diameters/butt lengths/over all lengths would be *oh so nice* just sayin', & thanks for undertaking such a task! more tubing choices = better for all.
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    3,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Steve last time I checked Ceeway's site had the Columbus catalog up in pdf format.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh my - i forgot to mention that the parcel of tubing that arrived also
    contains columbus sl for blades and long 1" threadless steerers for folks
    who haven't conceded to the forks R us trend atmo.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and i forgot to mention atmo -
    at the very front end of the tubing project, one of the must-haves
    was a chain stay shaped to actually conform to the oval cross sections
    that my RS bb shell (and others) accepted. forget the last 10-15 years
    of trying to pursaude, coax, and negotiate one of the many iterations
    of a 30X17 (or 30X16, or any remote cousin of these dimensions) part
    into the casting you are using in your frame. columbus made a special
    RS die into which all PegoRichie (a.k.a. Spirit For Lugs) chain stays are
    put and pressed so that the male-female fit into the bb port is PERFECT.
    until now, only i have had access to this shape. and as of now, only sets
    that come from me will offer them as part of the mix. it's the little things
    atmo. hey - thanks for reading.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Posts
    680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    and i forgot to mention atmo -
    at the very front end of the tubing project, one of the must-haves
    was a chain stay shaped to actually conform to the oval cross sections
    that my RS bb shell (and others) accepted. forget the last 10-15 years
    of trying to pursaude, coax, and negotiate one of the many iterations
    of a 30X17 (or 30X16, or any remote cousin of these dimensions) part
    into the casting you are using in your frame. columbus made a special
    RS die into which all PegoRichie (a.k.a. Spirit For Lugs) chain stays are
    put and pressed so that the male-female fit into the bb port is PERFECT.
    until now, only i have had access to this shape. and as of now, only sets
    that come from me will offer them as part of the mix. it's the little things
    atmo. hey - thanks for reading.
    Good news, that'll be a time saver and make a nicer frame all on one pass.

    Getting chainstays to properly fit bb sockets can be tedious and non-trivial.

    conor

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Down under
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Good stuff

    Gladdies, I have been using these tubes for some time, it was what we lugged builders needed.
    To see a photo essay of first frame I made using these tubes go here
    After all the sillyness of tubes with butts of only 35mm and ...........................................
    these tubes are the bee knee's.
    Cheers Dazza
    The rock star is dying. And it's a small tragedy. Rock stars have blogs now. I have no use for that kind of rock star.
    Nick Cave

    www.llewellynbikes.com
    The usual Facebook page
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/llewellyncustombicycles/
    Darrell Llewellyn McCulloch

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News 2.0 Atmo -

    atmo -

    XXX
    .
    .
    .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sutton, MA USA
    Posts
    4,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PegoRichie, FTW!
    Mike Zanconato
    Web
    | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr | Tumblr

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    click the art file atmo -


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    using an older thread to post this atmo. -

    i have received another large shipment of these tube sets and have special prices
    for any registered V salonista telai cat or kitten. the current inventory now includes
    the curved cyclocross chainstays as well as normal road chainstays. seatstays are all
    16mm biconical and are offered in two lengths.

    please send me an email or a PM if you are interesting.





    Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    i am importing and distributing PegoRichie tubing, a.k.a. Spirit For Lugs,
    made by columbus. following a collaboration with dario pegoretti to design
    and have the parts made, i have used the set exclusively for the past
    three years. it pleased me to take part in the project as a co-inventor,
    and now further pleasure will come by being a conduit for other f'builders
    who want to use the sets on their frames.

    in addition to distributing the pipes, i will also further discount any cast
    frame parts from the RS menu when bundled with a tubing order. more news
    on this and prices in a few. email me at richardsachscycles@gmail.com if
    you have any questions atmo. i'll pipe in later if there are follow up posts.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    2,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    PegoRichie tubing, a.k.a. Spirit For Lugs,
    made by columbus.


    Is there any difference between the PegoRichie and the Spirit for Lugs tubes that Bringheli sells? (Other than the fact that he only sells 4 different tubes or so)

    Just curious, and what's the difference between that and the Spirit that not labeled for lugs?
     

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    Tom Palermo
    www.palermobicycles.com
    photos

    Palermo Bicycles
    steel bicycles & frame repairs
    Baltimore, MD

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Down under
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    PegoRichie, Spirit for lugs
    it is good stuff
    the metallurgy is sweet
    the range of decent tubes is sweet
    proper butt dimensions
    the workablity of the tubes at the bench/fixture is sweet
    Dealing with a supplier who is a fairdinkim builder has it's advantages
    Wallace is always excited when Columbus goodies arrive
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers Dazza
    The rock star is dying. And it's a small tragedy. Rock stars have blogs now. I have no use for that kind of rock star.
    Nick Cave

    www.llewellynbikes.com
    The usual Facebook page
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/llewellyncustombicycles/
    Darrell Llewellyn McCulloch

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by edoz View Post
    Is there any difference between the PegoRichie and the Spirit for Lugs tubes that Bringheli sells? (Other than the fact that he only sells 4 different tubes or so)

    Just curious, and what's the difference between that and the Spirit that not labeled for lugs?
    hi - and thanks for asking.

    the sets i import all have the special RS shaped chainstays, pressed in a die that was made
    so that the parts fit my bb shells with no blacksmithing, hammering, or the need to throw
    oakleys at them atmo. otherwise, the actual parts should be similar assuming he is ordering
    the same line items i do. i have a special affinity for these tubes and this set as you can well
    iimagine. and ps when i sell these sets, the RS cast frame parts that you'd order with them
    are nicely discounted - if that matters to you.

    accccccccccccck are you asking about his spirit sets OR his spirit for lugs, if in fact these are
    on his menu??

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Happy Valley, PA
    Posts
    3,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    Bringhelli has 3 main tube Spirit For Lugs. Then he will sell you Zona for the rest.
     

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by EricKeller View Post
    Bringhelli has 3 main tube Spirit For Lugs. Then he will sell you Zona for the rest.
    ergo...

    well, anyway - i have the sets and options within the set. i design the work orders to optimize the material's salient
    features atmo. i'm going into my 4th full season using it, and believe it's the industry's best-ever contribution to the
    hand-made market as well as to the framebuilding community.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cannon County TN
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    ergo...
    it's the industry's best-ever contribution to the
    hand-made market as well as to the framebuilding community.
    i don't have enough general experience to make a valid contribution, but i have to step in here and say that i think it's fantastic stuff. easy enough for me to work and a delight to ride-will use it at every opportunity in the future.






  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    2,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    Actually, I was wondering whether there's any difference in the steel alloys or shape. So if I'm understanding it right, it's the same stuff, you just have a much wider selection and the lugs that match it?
     

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Columbus PegoRichie (SFL) News Atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by edoz View Post
    Actually, I was wondering whether there's any difference in the steel alloys or shape. So if I'm understanding it right, it's the same stuff, you just have a much wider selection and the lugs that match it?
    there's spirit, and there's SFL. the latter is made specifically for brazing with lugs at the ends.
    the butt lengths and transitions are different between both sets, and atmo the specs regarding
    the OD are much tighter on SFL to ensure that things "fit". that was one of my biggest concerns
    with steel tubing before we started the SFL project. there was such a disconnect from tube makers
    for a generation or two since the market went so TIGcentric that interference fits suffered as a
    result. my personal experience is/was that tubes got smaller and smaller in the late 90s and most
    simply fell into lugs. no more of that since SFL atmo.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •