User Tag List

Thread: Random act of kindness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Random act of kindness

It was 19* this morning any car wouldn't start. Wouldn't jump off either. And moving it to try and jump it off blocked the driveway. So I took my wife's car, drove through the neighbor's front yard, and went and got a new battery, got it installed, and headed in to work, very late. Work is super busy right now too.

Needless to say, I was in a super pissy mood.

Stopped at Starbucks on my way, went through the drive through, and the lady in front of me paid for my drink.

Man, that was nice, and she couldn't have chosen a better day for it. Now I need to pay it forward, and will be on the lookout for someone who's not having a great day, hopefully it'll cheer them up a bit.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Random act of kindness

yesterday my lady picked up a 20yr old girl that was walking around barefoot
    she thought she looked like something was wrong...think date rape or something...

she ended up buying her some shoes and socks and a backpack, a meal, let her talk about her problems
    dropped her off at her on and off boyfriends house coz she didn't have a key to her apt and her roommates weren't there...

who knows, but atleast she is better off now than before she ran across cookielady...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mods, this Thread needs to be a sticky.

We need to hear more about acts of kindness, and we (meaning us) need to practice more acts of kindness. Were all on borrowed time atmo and everybody is struggling with something in their lives. We should be nice to each other.

Got to work the other day, tired and cold. Forced myself to ride my bike to work even though I felt like crap. When I arrived at my desk there was a cup of my favorite coffee sitting anonymously at my desk. The kind person did not reveal who they were but that small gesture made my week and that jo' tasted so good. I too am looking for any opportunity to pay it forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Mods, this Thread needs to be a sticky.

We need to hear more about acts of kindness, and we (meaning us) need to practice more acts of kindness. Were all on borrowed time atmo and everybody is struggling with something in their lives. We should be nice to each other.
    Nice idea! Done.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep a tow rope in my truck. I have towed maybe a dozen cars out of ditches and snowbanks this winter. Cause it takes seconds and saves them a $100 bucks.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a mutt Surly Cross Check at the shop being built up the week I crashed on my road bike into a deer. Out of surgery and pick up the bike a couple weeks later and there is a deer whistle installed on the bars. Another shop rider is a UPS delivery guy and swung by my house while I was recovering to see if I needed anything. I barely knew these guys at the time, great friends now.

Just the other day the lady we got our chocolate labrador from started a fundraiser (in the pet thread - thanks kpomtb) for the thousands we just spent to save his life. I felt weird about a little, and I don't even know half the donors to date, but humbled by people's generosity.

I'm no perfect parent, but I'm trying to raise my two kids to think this way of others. My daughter gets it. She's been that way her entire life - an old soul. My son, however, usually wants some sort of acknowledgment for his good deeds. I remind him that it's not the whistle that pulls the train.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went by Starbucks this morning, some guy was driving like an a-hole through the parking lot and ended up behind me in line. He must be having a bad day, right? Late for work or something. So I paid for his hoping it would cheer him up a bit and went on my way. To get back to the road you have to go around a Walgreens, I went one way, he got his drink, and then hauled major butt to go around the other way and cut me off and nearly hit me.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend in Italy says that people often buy coffee for two (even though they are just one) in the morning and put the receipt in something at the counter so anyone short on cash can pick one out and have a coffee gratis.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Went by Starbucks this morning, some guy was driving like an a-hole through the parking lot and ended up behind me in line. He must be having a bad day, right? Late for work or something. So I paid for his hoping it would cheer him up a bit and went on my way. To get back to the road you have to go around a Walgreens, I went one way, he got his drink, and then hauled major butt to go around the other way and cut me off and nearly hit me.

starbucks, not surprised dude just drives like an asshole all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 76 year old father had a stroke last week. Good news is that he is alive, aware and can walk. Bad news is that he can't talk or read and has a long road of rehab ahead of him. The care at the hospital is great, but I hate it that healthcare places bleed you when it comes to parking. $22/day here in a suburban part of Toronto. Anyways, after our visit is over we are walking to the parking lot and a guy pulls up beside us and says:
    "My mother-in-law was discharged early. I prepaid for a five day pass but we won't need it. Here, take it, there's four days still left on it." We thank him and as he pulls away, he says: "I hope it all works out for you"