Thread: Hand made skis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hand made skis?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieBirdsell View Post
    Nice. My sig. other's fam is on E. Warren near Roxbury Gap.
    beautiful land on that side!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Look585 View Post
    Also in BC (Whistler):

In Colorado:

Donek snowboards and skis
    Seans new "Rev" looks like it's killer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

back to the OP, I got my first pair of alpine boards in 20 years this year and picked up some demo Blizzard Bushwackers--love them! 88 underfoot with rocker tip. No problem on hardpack, wuick enough in the trees and enough float for east coast pow days. Skied in all the variable conditions so far this year and have been really pleased. I have seen lots of the bigger bro ski called Bodacious around but mentally cant make the leap to almost 100 underfoot for east coast skiing. Not a small company by any stretch but might be worth checking out if you are on a ski/bike budget such as myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    no promises it makes it back down to the flatlands! I actually have trouble finding it cause I'm too lazy to go to the source.
    He doesn't sell from his production facility, unless that's changed. Always on tap at Mad Taco next to Mehuron's and i believe the Warren store gets their delivery on Wednesdays.

Usually on tap at Prohibition Pig as well, and saw the man himself there last Fri. night along with jamesand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you have to rub it in? I will get to see him at the extreme beer fest in Feb. I could live off of his beer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man, at least you live about 6-8 hours closer. Next time you're in the area make sure to hit up Mad Taco. It's off the charts. I was up last weekend and made sure to get my fill. Bumping in to jamesand at Prohibition Pig was effin awesome. Totally unplanned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man, at least you live about 6-8 hours closer. Next time you're in the area make sure to hit up Mad Taco. It's off the charts. I was up last weekend and made sure to get my fill. Bumping in to jamesand at Prohibition Pig was effin awesome. Totally unplanned.
    I thoroughly enjoy the Mad Taco, even with the knuckle draggers working there. I usually buy 1 thing and get something to go. Their sauces are kick ass but I cant seem to get past a sauce higher than 6 without major mouth burn.

I thought a buddy of mine went to Lawsons but he went to Hill Farmstead, which is still kick ass!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    I thoroughly enjoy the Mad Taco, even with the knuckle draggers working there. I usually buy 1 thing and get something to go. Their sauces are kick ass but I cant seem to get past a sauce higher than 6 without major mouth burn.

I thought a buddy of mine went to Lawsons but he went to Hill Farmstead, which is still kick ass!
    Ha! Don't be hating on my boy Pat. Their sauces are incredible. Last weekend I was really in to the #126 (I think). A sweet sauce at a 6 rating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha! Don't be hating on my boy Pat. Their sauces are incredible. Last weekend I was really in to the #126 (I think). A sweet sauce at a 6 rating.
    I love all snowsliders, really: my oldest (9) switched to boarding last year and at first I felt it was a public shame for something I had f'ed in a previous life but as long as he is out there with me its all good, even if its goofy or regular of whatever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic thread! I'm looking to get back into skiing after switching to snowboarding back in the early 1990s. The last time I was on skis I was sporting 203cm boards. Yikes! Anyway, I have my eyes on the Skevik Skis Sevrin. I was on ski team in high school and college though am only looking to just get in some good turns these days.

Quote Originally Posted by AJPM44 View Post
    Will you pick me up some Lawson's Finest Liquids?
    I have some of this in my man cave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am somewhat close to Arlington, better lock your fridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night at my beer race league at WaWa I noticed some of the boarders were on Donek race boards and they were laying some serious arcs. I tried to comment on their mono boards but these particular boarders were not into humor. Anyway, those Doneks looked like they were pretty serious carvers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a pair of Moments and Praxis, both are for the back country and big mountain but spectacular skis. I take the Praxis with me on my annual heli trips to British Columbia. Moment makes skis which would be more tailor made to east coast skiing.

John
    "Ain't it like most people, I'm no different, love to talk on things we don't know about." The Avett Brothers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12