Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Buffalo Jackson Trading Co.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buffalo Jackson Trading Co.

Any VSalonistas have experience with Buffalo Jackson? Some of their goods have caught my eye. Just looking for some feedback, good/bad/indifferent before I drop some coin. Fit? Quality? I want to add a few pieces to my line-up. I don't do this very often and I want to make it count. TIA. Cheers.

Guy

Buffalo Jackson Trading Co | Classic American Clothing and Leather for the Rugged Gentleman | Honor your Wild
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Buffalo Jackson Trading Co.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2bike View Post
    Any VSalonistas have experience with Buffalo Jackson? Some of their goods have caught my eye. Just looking for some feedback, good/bad/indifferent before I drop some coin. Fit? Quality? I want to add a few pieces to my line-up. I don't do this very often and I want to make it count. TIA. Cheers.

Guy

Buffalo Jackson Trading Co | Classic American Clothing and Leather for the Rugged Gentleman | Honor your Wild
    Loooks like Orvis - minus the tackle - for a younger set who wants to dress like what they imagine a Bozeman Trust Fund Hippie would dress like. Not that that's a Bad Thing at all. Dunno what pieces you're looking for, but I can recommend Filson, (They may not be the Filson-that-was anymore..but who is, really?) for belts and other leathergood accessories. The woolens are also still very good. My Filson mackinaw is almost too hot for most of the New England winter, and I have one of the lightest-weight models. For boots, etc... I suggest you look to Gokey. The name is owned by Orvis, but the shoes are still pretty dang nice. I have a pair of the Upland boots that date from the "real Gokey" days...they've been resoled about 5 times and still are rockin'. They are the Limmer of hunting boots. Shirts/pants n' stuff...Filson, Patagonia, Pendleton are all proven winners. One could quibble about this-and-that on any of these brands...but see the "Good Enough" thread in the general forum to calm yourself. You need something hipper I would just PM chasea.

Get a few things from these guys and report back to us. You can always return the stuff if it's shite, after all. Beautiful morning here in central Mass. Dinner prep is pretty much done..now off to ride for a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Buffalo Jackson Trading Co.

Looking at a few of their oxfords, specifically the Montana Oxford with the twill elbow. Made in the USA and made to order. Also like a few of their leather goodies...padfolio and a few others. Not looking to be hipper (though I do need help in this category) just want quality, durable, comfy and trying to keep it made in the USA. Thanks for the other suggestions. I may try an Oxford and if I do I will report back.
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio