Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iphone 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default iphone 5

What are the thoughts out there about the new iphone 5?

Faster connection (perhaps), and longer battery life. Evolution, not revolution. IMHO

Most important feature for me would be reliability of phone connection, which has been better with the iphone 4S than the previous iphone 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: iphone 5

cool story, bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sevencyclist View Post
    What are the thoughts out there about the new iphone 5?
    My thought is to tell all the sheeple that worship at the Apple altar that it's just a fucking phone, not some life altering experience. No, you don't need a new iphone, ipad, itouch, mac, mac air or whatever ishit they're peddling today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post

My thought is to tell all the sheeple that worship at the handmade framebuilder altar that it's just a fucking bike, not some life altering experience. No, you don't need a new sachs, zank, hampsten, gaulzetti, pegoretti or whatever spooky they're peddling today.
    There fixed that for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, i might make the leap into smart-phonage w/ this one. i've resisted this long--may continue
    maps & a >640x480 cam would be pretty cool to have in the pocket

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care what you say. I'm getting one. My current old I is dying and it is time to move on. We have held off for the 4g connection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't too impressed. I heard rumors that they were going to put a waterproof film on it which would have made it amazing for not absorbing that sweat in the jersey pocket. Sticking with my Incredible until something more awesome becomes available.

Yes I base my phone purchases on how they might hold up on a ride. Raise your hand if you do too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not killed my old 3 with my copious and toxic sweat. I keep it in a www.soulrun.com wallet back there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    I have not killed my old 3 with my copious and toxic sweat. I keep it in a www.soulrun.com wallet back there.
    Respect. Ziplocks are getting tiring, I should invest

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the Motorola Defy purely for it's water and dust resistant features and for it's Gorilla glass so I can stuff it in pockets without worrying too much about keys etc..............and it wasn't an Apple product.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be getting it. I have the iPhone 4 and am due for an upgrade. Do I need it: no. Do I want it: yes as I like the new specs and I think the black with the anodized aluminum looks badass; kind of reminds me of some of the Firefly bikes posted recently. As far as the water resistance goes, I second the SoulRun Wallet. Works perfectly for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    soulrun ineffective for me. sold it and went with sealine case that is a ziploc on steroids.

as for the 5 yes. my 3G, that's 3, not 3GS battery is dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    My thought is to tell all the sheeple that worship at the Apple altar that it's just a fucking phone, not some life altering experience. No, you don't need a new iphone, ipad, itouch, mac, mac air or whatever ishit they're peddling today.
    Actually, having a smart phone has been life changing for m in my work. Different strokes for different folks. For some people they really are useful tools. Weather, listing on flights to get home, bidding schedules, etc. Are all more efficient with my phone in my business.

I could live without it but it has made some things better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Saab. For pilots, the IPhone (and IPad) have made life better. Access to information while at work is easy when your desk doesn't move while you're sitting at it. Mobile computing is where it's at. I'm still on the 3 and I'll be getting a 5 as soon as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My career couldn't be more different than being a pilot, but I'm with you guys on the life changing impact of smart phones and related technologies. Besides the day to day benefits I get from mobile computing as I spend 80% of my time in meetings or running between meetings, the advent of mobile computing has brought with it a change in the way companies think about where work gets done. That means more flexibility in the workplace, which translates, for me, into more freedom to ride during the week. For some it means more family time or chances to pursue interests outside of work, or even more time to hang out on internet forums.

As for the iPhone 5, I'll be upgrading for the better camera (I needed a new one anyways) and the faster performance. Hopefully it will fit in my soulrun wallet. (Edit: It looks like it will fit fine.)
    Last edited by Matthew Strongin; 09-13-2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: I went back and measured

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4G and a bigger screen? cool, it's now on par with my 1.5 year old htc thunderbolt. except i have a user replaceable battery and 32 gig microSD and didn't pay $300 for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    4G and a bigger screen? cool, it's now on par with my 1.5 year old htc thunderbolt. except i have a user replaceable battery and 32 gig microSD and didn't pay $300 for it.
    I've been an iphone user since the start, but some of the latest android devices are catching my eye. As I noted above I'll likely do the iPhone 5 upgrade since I'm so embedded/trapped in their whole ecosystem with iCloud and my Mac. A guy on my team at work has a Galaxy Note and I give him a hard time for the physical size...but secretly I think it's a super cool device. Samsung and HTC have closed the gap in tech pretty quickly and are putting out some solid products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking about going a slightly different route.

Currently have an Iphone 4s. Recently I won an Ipad in a charity auction. As I also recently moved my music to a stand alone server, the Ipad handles all my personal computing needs.

When my current phone contract is up I am going to consider porting my number over to google talk. Then I can put the old lap top to pasture. Instead of having a computer, telephone and Ipad, I can have everything in one device.

And yes, if Google orsome other competitor makes a better pad than Apple, I've no problem going that route.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 3Gs. It does everything except get phone calls. The phone rings, I answer and then I have about a 50/50 chance of being able to understand what the person on the other end is saying. Part of that is NYC, but I think Apple also isn't so interested in the phone part. My feeling is that unless some regulatory powers step in over the next couple years, smart phones in the US are going to be so neutered by the telecoms & their unwillingness to build/upgrade infrastructure these things will just be fancy texting machines. I am actually a bit disappointed that it is larger. It should actually be smaller. It already doesn't fit in a pants pocket. If I want something larger, I 'll use my iPad.

I'll get one, but only because I need a fancy texting machine to keep track of my wife as she travels for business. I have an app that gets flight updates faster than the airports release the information. So when my wife is sitting on the tarmac somewhere, I can update her on her flight's status. And then I am a weather junkie so I have a lot of weather apps. And a digital version of the Sibley Guide to Birds. And MLB. NBA. Best thing though is iMessage, or as I like to say iMarriage, as in how to ask your wife where the thing that goes with that thing you use to make that thing when she is in Shanghai.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll add - 3x5 or 4x6 4mil industrial strength ziplock bags on Amazon for less than $5/100 are the best iPhone cycling cases I've found. The touch sensitive screen registers right through the plastic, so you don't even have to take the phone out to answer a text or email.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast