User Tag List

Page 340 of 352 FirstFirst ... 330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 7037

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

You guys really need to buy a AMG G-Wagon then send to BRABUS for mods. You can do a 900 HP beast. It’s the one car I want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    You guys really need to buy a AMG G-Wagon then send to BRABUS for mods. You can do a 900 HP beast. It’s the one car I want.
    As seen at my Va Airstream park. What the heck?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    You want to start a fight? Talk about trucks at a campground ;) The default truck is a 3/4t high zoot diesel. Almost nobody needs this in order to tow a 10K lbs trailer but hey it's religion not facts sigh.

I have to walk away when they bemoan cost of ownership.
    My truck is 3/4 ton diesel but it is an XLT work truck because I didn't want all the high zoot stuff. It is exceptionally dirty right now, both inside and out. I like my bench front seats with cloth covers. My favorites are the ones with a lift kit and a special hitch because their truck is so high. In a close second are the guys with the aftermarket exhaust/air box arriving in an RV park late at night.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    As seen at my Va Airstream park. What the heck?!

Your Brabus will llook good pulling this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$80k awning and a $100k trailer?
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    $80k awning and a $100k trailer?
    Hey, if a guy can afford a ti-bike, you can afford an aluminum trailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerry has nine of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I worked at a ranch in the summer when I was in high school. The owner bought several army surplus trucks, mostly ton and a quarter. One of our projects as to build one good truck out of two or three trucks. We had running truck that we used for chores. The trucks came with maintenance manuals so we started with the maintenance items to see what was good and what was scrap. By the end of the summer, we had three running trucks. One of the daily chores was to haul trash to the dump. We were between Nederland and Estes Park on the edge of the national forest so we had bears. To dump trash, I had to back the truck down a 200 yard road to the dump while watching for bears. The truck was always in four wheel drive with manual steering so if you backed over a rock or rut, the front tires would climb the obstacle and if you didn't hold the steering wheel tight, you could get your fingers broken. Good times.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post

Your Brabus will llook good pulling this.
    Not even ironically....

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/supre...railer-collab/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    I worked at a ranch in the summer when I was in high school. The owner bought several army surplus trucks, mostly ton and a quarter. One of our projects as to build one good truck out of two or three trucks. We had running truck that we used for chores. The trucks came with maintenance manuals so we started with the maintenance items to see what was good and what was scrap. By the end of the summer, we had three running trucks. One of the daily chores was to haul trash to the dump. We were between Nederland and Estes Park on the edge of the national forest so we had bears. To dump trash, I had to back the truck down a 200 yard road to the dump while watching for bears. The truck was always in four wheel drive with manual steering so if you backed over a rock or rut, the front tires would climb the obstacle and if you didn't hold the steering wheel tight, you could get your fingers broken. Good times.
    When I learned to drive 4X you never put your thumbs into the wheel. Just like you never hold your thumb down when dallying a rope over the horn.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Dad put 329,000 miles on a Caprice Classic just like this, and then one day the tranny wouldn’t slip out of reverse. POS he jokingly commented at that time.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

My Dad put 329,000 miles on a Caprice Classic just like this, and then one day the tranny wouldn’t slip out of reverse. POS he jokingly commented at that time.
    Paint it white, or black and white, install a simple roof rack crosswise near the front of the roof to imitate a compact light bar, add an external spotlight on the driver's side, and I bet even today one would get lots of respect out on the road... Of course you wouldn't have the real PPV package, but people don't need to know that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the best used car on the market right now?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely the coolest one from that platform.

I remember when the Chevrolet Caprice came out in that form and Motor Trend called it their Car of the Year. They got so roasted because it was already a couple generations out of date.....

Still, I bet GM got a lot of mileage out of that platform (pun intended) with Chevy, Buick and Cadillac.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    When I learned to drive 4X you never put your thumbs into the wheel. Just like you never hold your thumb down when dallying a rope over the horn.
    Goes double for driving multi-million miles Greyhound buses. No power steering and non-syncro first gear...not to mention the 30lbs clutch and 40 or so grumpy coal miners threatening your life if they spilled coffee ;)

Were "things" harder back than?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That 30lb clutch reminded me of the repair truck I drove back when, a big ole Ford with one of those clutches. My personal truck was a nice '76 Chevy with a quite stiff heavy duty clutch, which I managed to slam into the floor boards every time I got into it after driving that Ford all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sort of love trucks with three pedals and a floor-mounted shifter because I'm forced to give up delusions of efficiency. I have to surrender to the timeline of truck, and anyone who might consider me "late" has to learn that I had no option.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In high school, I worked on a farm and occasionally drove one of two International Harvester dump trucks, each having a two speed axle and a four speed manual transmission. I got pretty good at working through the gears at 15 years old. We could drive farm vehicles underage at the time. The biggest use was when we cut silage to drive next to the cutter and make runs to the pit. I don't think I drove an automatic until I was almost 18 and that was my mom's four door Cutlass Supreme.

With the other vehicles pictured in this thread, I've driven a few. My mom had a Buick Roadmaster, probably late 90s. Her husband had a mid 50s vintage Roadmaster. Her husband's daily driver was a mid 90s Chrysler New Yorker. I got to drive all three, and the best description is "wallowing along." The New Yorker had no body roll because it was so wide and heavy.

One day when I win the lottery, I'm going to have a fully restored Ford Crown Victoria with the police interceptor engine. The greatest vehicle Ford ever made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crown Vic and Checker Marathon with massive BB engines. Yes please.