Thread: Winter Olympics?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Winter Olympics?

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I think short track speed skating is one of the best spectator sports. Roller derby with knives on your feet. Perfect.

Also, shoutout to Peacock for getting it more or less right this time around. After a massive disappointment for the Tokyo Games, this time they followed through with the promise to make the events available on demand. I'm looking forward to going back and watching what I missed, too.
    Yes, short track speed skating is the one sport my wife and I agree is a good watch. She's not sold on the others. Too much sitting and watching. She likes her sports like she likes her fast food. Fast.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Yes, short track speed skating is the one sport my wife and I agree is a good watch. She's not sold on the others. Too much sitting and watching. She likes her sports like she likes her fast food. Fast.
    And, silly as it sounds to say about Olympic athletes, short track speed skaters seem to have amazing core fitness. Built like a muscular super ball.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know ratings were down and everyone’s dumping on these Games but I managed to avoid all the prime time programming and liked the fact that I could use Peacock to go straight to the fringes sports mentioned above. Solid content for passing time while indoor cycling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the team short track speed skating was like meditating. They could sell that video to spa retreats.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Japanese women were so amazingly in sync in the long track pursuit. Felt so bad for the (sister) of the lead rider who crashed in the last turn and -in so -lost gold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been participating with a short track speed skating club here in Maine for the last 10 years. It is absolutely all about core strength. It is a very technical sport and very difficult to find the right form and position. Carving the corners with the long blades is addictive. There were many frustrating races in the olympics and I feel really bad for Kristin Santos. She had an amazing world cup season and crashed out of all three distances at the olympics, 2 out of 3 caused by other skaters. You'll never hear her or any other skater complain about this though, since it's just part of the sport.

David

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456