Quote Originally Posted by Markco View Post
We have a Kubota BX2380 same as pictures less back hoe. If we need a backhoe we rent one. Only rented once in 25 years. I call it my hydraulic son. We have a 600' driveway with a short 10% pitch. Have the loader, snow blower for central MA winters, and a hydraulic feed chipper for 7 acre property, probably will get the mower and bagger once my old machine dies. You can definitely get by without one, but having it makes living in a rural setting much more comfortable and you will find lots of thing for it to do. Moving wood, concrete, carrying tools, building stone walls, removing brush and fire hazards near your home. You won't regret it. Comments about larger machine are valid. The B series are better for forestry management tasks due to higher ground clearance. The BX is easier to store and and handle has plenty of power, it just might take longer to do a task. There's a (gasp) facebook owners page for BX users and a web forum Tractorbynet that are useful sources of info from like minded obsessives you should consult prior to diving into that hole. There are few things as satisfying as tractor time. A 3 hour ride comes to mind...

5 years ago I looked at used items, they hold their value incredibly well and at the time new units were selling with 0% financing for 6 years. It made more sense to put down a modest down payment and pay 250/month for 6 years. You get the KTAC insurance which is like an excellent warranty for little money and I'd pay way more than 250/month to maintain the property jobbing it out, snow plowing alone it's paid for itself. YMMV. When I'm too old to live in a rural setting, it will be paid off an offered with the house or sold to pay for a week or 2 at the nursing home.
That's great. Thanks. You saved me some brain power.