make your case for why NAHBS
should be at your favorite venue
in a future year, here's one:
don't laugh until you get to the end of the analysis ---> miami beach
it sounds crazy but when you put all the elements together perhaps not
- not centrally located and therefore difficult to attract driving attendance
- not the best roads for distance cycling activities during the show
- excellent convention center facilities ::: Miami Beach Convention Center ::
- nearby airports with many flight options including direct throughout europe...
- ...may be the first nahbs to attract a large group of european exhibitors
- many hotels within walking distance at every price point...
- ...no need for any participant to deal with a rental car
- within south beach for walking access to abundance of restaurants, bars and clubs
- strong cycling culture including fixed gear crowd
- many specialty bike shops including BUSINESS CYCLES Website: TABLE OF CONTENTS
- nearby velodrome cultivates track community interest Brian Piccolo Park Velodrome - 2008 Schedule and Information (unofficial site)
- local handmade frame builder About Terraferma Cycles
- city of miami supports cycling City of Miami Bicycle Initiatives
- may be a big market for high end city bikes in addition to fixed gear/track bikes
- darrenct would probably organize a pub hopping ride ;)
what's your suggestion, make your case...