Thread: Fork painting

corko is offline VSalonistas
    Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Default Fork painting

a lot of painters aren't sokeen on just painting a set of forks.... can anyone recommend someone who does and does a good job?

thanking you...

happycampyer is online now VSalonistas

Default Re: Fork painting

I had Spectrum Powderworks paint the fork on my Vamoots RSL, and they were great to work with. There are lots of painters that should be willing to paint just a fork—Velocolour and Circle-A come to mind. That said, if you are trying to color-match a frame, at a minimum you will probably need to send them the frame (I did that with Coat to have a fork painted to match a Vanilla frame. Coat was great to work with too, but I'm not sure if they will just paint a fork out of the blue).

corko is offline VSalonistas
    Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Thanks HC ... good info, I shall send out some exploratory emails

houston is offline VSalonistas

I will revive this thread because I found a great painter in Michigan. I just had an Easton carbon fork painted to match a DeSalvo 10th anniversary frame. I was told about West End Body shop in Grand Rapids, MI by the local "bike powder coater" and the guy matched the powder coat perfectly and charged me $60. He prepped the fork, put base color on and clear coat for $60. Looks like a factory paint job. I gave him a tip because I felt like I was robbing him at that price.

I wouldn't hesitate to contact local body shops in your area. I figured the area under the crown would have orange peel and other uglies but it looks great.

Saab2000 is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by houston View Post
    I will revive this thread because I found a great painter in Michigan. I just had an Easton carbon fork painted to match a DeSalvo 10th anniversary frame. I was told about West End Body shop in Grand Rapids, MI by the local "bike powder coater" and the guy matched the powder coat perfectly and charged me $60. He prepped the fork, put base color on and clear coat for $60. Looks like a factory paint job. I gave him a tip because I felt like I was robbing him at that price.

I wouldn't hesitate to contact local body shops in your area. I figured the area under the crown would have orange peel and other uglies but it looks great.
    I just took possession of a painted Serotta F3 fork which will likely not perfectly match my new-to-me Colorado III frame. Do you have the impression that this should could prep an already painted fork and match the frame paint? We should chat. This is after all close to my house, for now at least.
    My name is James Edward Kile