Thread: Tosrv

sladejw is offline VSalonistas

Default Tosrv

Anyone going? Just registered--will be my first TOSRV, second & third centuries (and first planned centuries. Also first unloaded centuries).

Also, my wife & I are expecting our first child in the next couple of weeks. I may be insane for signing up for this event, so looking for some solidarity . . .

DBordewisch is offline VSalonistas

Default Re: Tosrv

Fun ride, good roads and for southern Ohio very little climbing. I think last year only 1300 feet each way. Which is very little spread out over 100+ miles. Well supplied rest stops. Easy to follow course. If you are staying in one of the gyms bring an air mattress otherwise the floor is hard. Earplugs as lots of people snore. The only downside weather in Ohio around that time can be warm, wet, cold and even snow or wind. Last year started great on Saturday cool morning amazing rest of day. Rained almost all of Sunday and was pretty chilly at the start. Maybe I will see you there.

Stinkydub is online now VSalonistas

Are you referring to the
    TOSRV (Tour Of the Scioto River Valley) TOSRV - Home
    or
    TOSRV (The Tour of Southern Rural Vistas) in Southern GA TOSRV | Capital City Cyclists
    I'm doing the one in GA - it's a double century over 2 days with a +/-70 mile dirt option each way. I'm doing dirt!

Scioto River Valley--moved up from Atlanta this past summer, or I'd be doing the other one!

So are you in? I have new bicycle and will try go fast on Saturday and not so fast Sunday.

Yeah, I'm registered. Fast Sat/slow Sun is also my plan. Our daughter was born 8 days ago and I have managed 1 ride and 3 sessions on the rollers (live in Indianapolis--cold here!).

Will be looking to step up the training/riding in a couple of weeks. Hopefully she'll start sleeping longer soon!

HIT, high intensity training, if pressed for time a few short hard intervals and you can make some big gains. Do what you can with time available. Good Luck! Maybe I will see you out there or we could setup one of those V-salon meeting things or something.