Thread: WTB: Gaulzetti Corsa (56x56) Embrocation Scheme f/f/hs or Record 10 w/ Boras

christian is offline VSalonistas

Default WTB: Gaulzetti Corsa (56x56) Embrocation Scheme f/f/hs or Record 10 w/ Boras

WTB:

56x56 Gaulzetti Corsa in Embrocation scheme, either f/f/hs or complete with Record 10/alloy cranks/Boras. Center of bottom bracket to top of saddle should be ~76.2-76.5mm with a Regal

Ok, I admit, it's unlikely, but if you don't ask...

Default Re: WTB: Gaulzetti Corsa (56x56) Embrocation Scheme f/f/hs or Record 10 w/ Boras

Bump.

Ok, not getting any bites here. How about a cheap 56cm f/f/hs like a CAAD7/8/9/10 or Allez E5 (2012 or a 2011 with a Tarmac fork swapped in)? Or even a really cheap carbon f/f/hs? This is for CRCA Cat 5 racing, so not looking to go fancy. I would like to spend $350 or less if it's alloy, could maybe stretch a bit further for a sub <1000g carbon frame.

If this doesn't pan out, I'm buying a $799 Ridley Icarus from CC, and selling the parts off... It's just so ugly though.

velobran is online now VSalonistas

Default Re: WTB: Gaulzetti Corsa (56x56) Embrocation Scheme f/f/hs or Record 10 w/ Boras

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Bump.

Ok, not getting any bites here. How about a cheap 56cm f/f/hs like a CAAD7/8/9/10 or Allez E5 (2012 or a 2011 with a Tarmac fork swapped in)? Or even a really cheap carbon f/f/hs? This is for CRCA Cat 5 racing, so not looking to go fancy. I would like to spend $350 or less if it's alloy, could maybe stretch a bit further for a sub <1000g carbon frame.

If this doesn't pan out, I'm buying a $799 Ridley Icarus from CC, and selling the parts off... It's just so ugly though.
    I think there was a 56 Spooky Skeletor across the hall for $650 F/F/HS, I think.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

PJN
    PJN is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    I think there was a 56 Spooky Skeletor across the hall for $650 F/F/HS, I think.
    FS: Spooky Skeletor Frame/fork/post - The Paceline Forum

Pretty killer ride for $650.

I've PMed the guy with some questions, but in the meantime, bring out yer CAADs, your Primus Mootrys, your E5s, you Rock Lobster alloys!

Matthew Strongin is offline VSalonistas

That Spooky is a lot of bike for the money. Hopefully that works out for you...I love mine.

davids is online now VSalonista

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    WTB:

56x56 Gaulzetti Corsa in Embrocation scheme, either f/f/hs or complete with Record 10/alloy cranks/Boras. Center of bottom bracket to top of saddle should be ~76.2-76.5mm with a Regal

Ok, I admit, it's unlikely, but if you don't ask...
    Why does this seem so unlikely to you? All you have to do is call the jerk.
    GO!

roseyscot is offline 2KClub

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Why does this seem so unlikely to you? All you have to do is call the jerk.
    Judging by the second choice of cannondales, specialized, etc., I'm betting the $3k price tag for a new one is not in the cards.

Yeah, I don't want to race a $3k bike. My next $3k bike is a Strada Bianca or LDV. Just can't decide which.

tedschwartz is offline VSalonistas

I have a Primus Mootry Frameset for sale. Maybe a little bit more $$$ than you want to spend but pm me if you are interested
    edge colormatched fork...

Heronseye is offline VSalonistas

There's a 2007 Giant TCR C1 ML F/F/HS hanging in my garage that's like new. It's for sale at a reasonable price.

Giant Bicycles Archive
    Last edited by Heronseye; 11-24-2012 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Add C1

al415 is offline VSalonistas

I say stick to your (peculiar) guns. Dreams can come true! Mine did:

gaulzetti.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the kind offers. For my cheap fix, I picked up a 2012 Allez E5 frameset. Going to hang Record 10 on it. Will spend the big money on a Hampsten. Either new or used SB (if anyone has a 56 for sale...)

Lovetoclimb is offline VSalonistas

Christian,

something to consider is calling Pista Palace, a bike shop in San Diego about a previous deal he had going: Brand new CAAD10 frame, Ultegra Di2, All Shimano PRO componentry including wheels for $3k. Hard to beat for a budget crit racing bike IMO. And of course all new stuff covered by warranty and whatever crash replacement policies exist. I know the owner, he is a great guy with a passion for some of the best production bikes out there.

Edit: I would never condone choosing Shimano over Campagnolo btw, but to meet your budget and for crit racing, maybe no big deal . . . .
    www.BSMCycling.com

Kind of a big deal . . .

Shinomaster is offline VSalonistas

What you need, is a Fuji.