Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

  1. #1
    e-RICHIE's Avatar
    e-RICHIE is offline Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    self-absorbed
    Posts
    13,277

    Default FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Watch this space atmo.
    After Sunday I will list 2-3 bicycles for sale.
    All are the same size.
    54.5cm c-t seat X 54cm c-c top.
    All are August 2012 manufacture.

    Pray that no one tanks it.

  2. #2
    HLS2k6 is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Why the heck aren't team bikes or nahbs bikes ever built for 6'5" guys like me? I need you to sign Big Bird to a one-year deal, so I can get his sloppy seconds.

  3. #3
    sparky33 is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wellesley, MA
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by HLS2k6 View Post
    Why the heck aren't team bikes or nahbs bikes ever built for 6'5" guys like me? I need you to sign Big Bird to a one-year deal, so I can get his sloppy seconds.
    Lots of high class problems for the short/average/etc folks too... exactly my perfect size, but I cannot cannot cannot cannot buy yet another bike right now. Temptation is brutal. I hate you VS classifieds.

  4. #4
    al415's Avatar
    al415 is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    City by the Sea NJ
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by HLS2k6 View Post
    Why the heck aren't team bikes or nahbs bikes ever built for 6'5" guys like me? I need you to sign Big Bird to a one-year deal, so I can get his sloppy seconds.
    Or, why isn't there an RS road team anymore? I've long given up the ghost of fancying myself a cross racer.

  5. #5
    Matthew Strongin's Avatar
    Matthew Strongin is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    3,570

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by al415 View Post
    Or, why isn't there an RS road team anymore? I've long given up the ghost of fancying myself a cross racer.
    This. I'd have sent a check already if it was a road bike with a 54 toptube.

  6. #6
    ron l edmiston's Avatar
    ron l edmiston is online now VSalon House Dad-isata
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    winter haven, fl 33881
    Posts
    2,771

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    --- rs team cx handcrafted better roi over dow j..., & ya can enjoy ride'n while watch'n er grow..

    ronnie

  7. #7
    Moke is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rock in the middle of the Ocean
    Posts
    1,212

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Maphew, Cross bikes are the new road bikes. Almost all my bros in the mountain West are ridin baller crossbikes on the roads and not looking back one second. Unless you a crit aholic, there is no reason 95% of your ridin can't be on a cross bike.

  8. #8
    liv2bike's Avatar
    liv2bike is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    678

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    My ca 2006 RS Road has a 54TT...

    I fancy me a RS CX bike, just not in my cards at the moment.
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

    - John Muir

    The name is Guy Fazzio

  9. #9
    Matthew Strongin's Avatar
    Matthew Strongin is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    3,570

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Maphew, Cross bikes are the new road bikes. Almost all my bros in the mountain West are ridin baller crossbikes on the roads and not looking back one second. Unless you a crit aholic, there is no reason 95% of your ridin can't be on a cross bike.
    That's the problem. I live in uber flat, uber paved south florida where 95% of the racing is crits. We may have 1 park with 1 stretch of dirt/gravel. I've never seen it in person, so it may be hearsay. I've also heard rumors of a cross race that happens here once a year. (And even with all that, I'm still thinking on it...)

    Quote Originally Posted by liv2bike View Post
    My ca 2006 RS Road has a 54TT...

    I fancy me a RS CX bike, just not in my cards at the moment.
    Would it be in the cards if I helped take that 2006 RS Road off your hands?

  10. #10
    liv2bike's Avatar
    liv2bike is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    678

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    That's the problem. I live in uber flat, uber paved south florida where 95% of the racing is crits. We may have 1 park with 1 stretch of dirt/gravel. I've never seen it in person, so it may be hearsay. I've also heard rumors of a cross race that happens here once a year. (And even with all that, I'm still thinking on it...)



    Would it be in the cards if I helped take that 2006 RS Road off your hands?
    I live in uber flat Central FL. What are dirt/gravel roads? We do have Webster Roubaix though...

    Negative. She is a keeper. Actually just posted pics of her on here a few minutes ago...
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

    - John Muir

    The name is Guy Fazzio

  11. #11
    ron l edmiston's Avatar
    ron l edmiston is online now VSalon House Dad-isata
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    winter haven, fl 33881
    Posts
    2,771

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    That's the problem. I live in uber flat, uber paved south florida where 95% of the racing is crits. We may have 1 park with 1 stretch of dirt/gravel. I've never seen it in person, so it may be hearsay. I've also heard rumors of a cross race that happens here once a year. (And even with all that, I'm still thinking on it...)

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    smile at the pista, get a "package bust'n" in 45 miles relative to the many hours on the rs road'y..

    my "pick of the litter," if only 1 hound to hunt with -- my rs ole team cx.. -- smooth roads, distance, hills, groves, sand, gravel -- ya name it, she just bust my ass to keep up and make er smile..

    don't let this opportunity exit,

    ronnie

  12. #12
    Matthew Strongin's Avatar
    Matthew Strongin is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    3,570

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    You guys are killing me. I'm thinking on it...seriously.

    liv2bike, saw the pics, she's a keeper. But it was worth a shot. I may be at webster roubaix this year.

  13. #13
    boxerboxer's Avatar
    boxerboxer is online now VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MN, USA
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Maphew, Cross bikes are the new road bikes. Almost all my bros in the mountain West are ridin baller crossbikes on the roads and not looking back one second. Unless you a crit aholic, there is no reason 95% of your ridin can't be on a cross bike.
    Sigh. I'm already making the case to my wife in my head.

  14. #14
    XJBaylor's Avatar
    XJBaylor is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by boxerboxer View Post
    Sigh. I'm already making the case to my wife in my head.
    I just floated my sales pitch to my wife...

    "This bike could actually appreciate in value over the next 10 years."

    "You won't keep a bike for 10 years!"

    "Well you have never let me buy a bike like this!"

  15. #15
    prolix21's Avatar
    prolix21 is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    cincinnati
    Posts
    315

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    perfect size. I'm afraid to even ask the price

    I mentioned this to my girlfriend and she said "once in a lifetime! do it do it!"

  16. #16
    boxerboxer's Avatar
    boxerboxer is online now VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MN, USA
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Haha... I should be clear that my wife is pretty awesome - she's the one who bought my first real road bike. I was looking at a CAAD10-5 some time next year and she surprised me with a CAAD10-1 (last years, found it for BELOW COST at a big shop) for our anniversary.

    But when the frameset probably costs about what my whole built-up bike did...

    Good luck to you in your wheedling.

    Quote Originally Posted by XJBaylor View Post
    I just floated my sales pitch to my wife...

    "This bike could actually appreciate in value over the next 10 years."

    "You won't keep a bike for 10 years!"

    "Well you have never let me buy a bike like this!"

  17. #17
    XJBaylor's Avatar
    XJBaylor is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by boxerboxer View Post
    Haha... I should be clear that my wife is pretty awesome - she's the one who bought my first real road bike.
    Haha, I'm in the same boat, my wife is amazing, and my post was mostly in jest. She did say that I wouldn't keep the bike for 10 years, but she was just giving me a hard time, and I do tend to go through carbon road bikes as if they are Skittles.

  18. #18
    Mr.President is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    1,795

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by prolix21 View Post
    perfect size. I'm afraid to even ask the price

    I mentioned this to my girlfriend and she said "once in a lifetime! do it do it!"
    Marry her!

  19. #19
    WFSTEKL is online now VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,556

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    I'll take the 60X59. Where do I send the check?

  20. #20
    Roman's Avatar
    Roman is offline VSalonista
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,890

    Default Re: FS RS CX 2012 Team Bicycles atmo -

    Quote Originally Posted by WFSTEKL View Post
    I'll take the 60X59. Where do I send the check?
    I claimed that one already, Bill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS RS CX 2011 Team Bicycles atmo -
    By e-RICHIE in forum Classifieds Classic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 06:17 PM
  2. FS RS CX 2012 NAHBS Bicycle atmo -
    By e-RICHIE in forum Classifieds Classic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 11:22 PM
  3. 2012 Embro Team Gaulzetti Framesets
    By EmbroJames in forum Classifieds Classic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 10:37 AM
  4. rs 'cross team bicycles fs atmo -
    By e-RICHIE in forum Classifieds Classic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 11:35 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •