View Poll Results: Do you plan to attend the NAHBS in Austin this year?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I plan to attend.

    48 64.86%
  • No, I won't be able to make it this year.

    26 35.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: Who's going to the NAHBS?

  1. #21
    Stinkydub's Avatar
    Stinkydub is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    \m/
    3rd in a row - hope to meet more of you this year and actually strike up a conversation instead of perfecting my usual lurking

  2. #22
    DarrenCT's Avatar
    DarrenCT is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    9,833

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkydub View Post
    \m/
    3rd in a row - hope to meet more of you this year and actually strike up a conversation instead of perfecting my usual lurking
    please do. i'll be at the anvil booth.

  3. #23
    Bob Ross's Avatar
    Bob Ross is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,055

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    I won't be going, and in fact in never even occurred to me to go (other than as a fantasy) ...but two weeks ago my wife sends me a link to the show and asks "Have you ever heard of this? We should go next year!"


    !!?!?!?!?!?


    Is she a keeper or what?

  4. #24
    e-RICHIE's Avatar
    e-RICHIE is offline Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    self-absorbed
    Posts
    13,293

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    I won't be going, and in fact in never even occurred to me to go (other than as a fantasy) ...but two weeks ago my wife sends me a link to the show and asks "Have you ever heard of this? We should go next year!"
    it'll prolly be out west again atmo.

  5. #25
    doubled's Avatar
    doubled is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    @Bob, friend of mine is going to shoot photos for the web and my girlfriend asked me yesterday why I wasn't going too. I think we are lucky.

  6. #26
    Dornbox's Avatar
    Dornbox is offline VSalonistas

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cumberland ME
    Posts
    499

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    There. Not sure what I am looking forward to more? Texas or my annual "extended family" reunion....
    I heart Austin! And so looking forward to NAHBS! It's like beer and hot wings... or tacos!- Chris

  7. #27
    Dorman's Avatar
    Dorman is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,112

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    This will be my first NAHBS, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. Will there be beer for sale at the show and will it be anything decent (aka other than Bud/Miller type products)? Just wondering if I need to make back up plans.

  8. #28
    vulture is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I AM FROM BENDOR
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    I will be there, first time exhibitionist long time lurker. Really looking forward to the drive from BENDOR my dream was to take the train to San Antonio and ride the rest of the way but weather, time, lifestyle prevent such a mission. Um I might be the only one still working on stuff for the show.

  9. #29
    Eric Estlund's Avatar
    Eric Estlund is online now VSalonistas

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    2,668

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    I don't think you are alone, Wade.

  10. #30
    WadePatton's Avatar
    WadePatton is offline VSalonistas

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cannon County TN
    Posts
    5,641

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorman View Post
    This will be my first NAHBS, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. Will there be beer for sale at the show and will it be anything decent (aka other than Bud/Miller type products)? Just wondering if I need to make back up plans.
    usually there's something (subject to the local laws and contracts of the venue of course). but one show--the concessions didn't open on sunday--think that was indy? since then i always ask the concessions folks on friday or saturday what to expect from them on sunday wsr to beer.

    flavors will be limited to the authorized agent for the venue and sometimes those folks aren't that bright...don't bring chit beer to a bike fight!!!

    i want some effing alamo beers*. glenn says they exist. i've yet to see one--we looked when i was in dallas those two weeks.

    *not because i expect them to be any better than schlitz--it's for the historic and dale/bill/hank/boomhower ref.
    Last edited by WadePatton; 02-07-2011 at 01:49 PM.






  11. #31
    Slapshot is offline VSalon NAHBS-ista
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Quote Originally Posted by vulture View Post
    Um I might be the only one still working on stuff for the show.
    You ARE joking, right?

    I'm on my last bike that I plan on bringing.

    D

  12. #32
    Dorman's Avatar
    Dorman is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,112

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Quote Originally Posted by WadePatton View Post
    usually there's something (subject to the local laws and contracts of the venue of course). but one show--the concessions didn't open on sunday--think that was indy? since then i always ask the concessions folks on friday or saturday what to expect from them on sunday wsr to beer.
    Thanks Wade, that's pretty much what I was afraid of. It would appear there are quite a few watering holes right around the convention center, so it should be cool anyway.

  13. #33
    scrubadub's Avatar
    scrubadub is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    I can't make it this year with all the travel we have planned already plus the baby. I wish I was going though - you can't miss on all the amazing beef ribs and brisket. And I don't normally eat meat.

  14. #34
    Ahneida Ride Hide's Avatar
    Ahneida Ride Hide is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    I'll have to skip this year .... but if it is east of the Mississippi next year ....
    The Definitive Performance Wrap
    www.HandleBra.com

  15. #35
    Craig Ryan's Avatar
    Craig Ryan is offline VSalonistas

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    1,527

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Hey, once again... EVERYBODY come say hi to me. The place will be jam packed with strangers, and it'll be nice to say hi to a Vsalon buddy.

  16. #36
    sjb
    sjb is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    I'm heading to Austin. Our kids moved there over the summer; one for grad school ( Skyros Quartet ) the other, just for a change.
    My daughter and I will attend the show, the boy will be busy rehearsing.

    I hope to meet the man that made my Marcelo. Now that I have a blood cancer too, Dario and I share more than a bike.

  17. #37
    allerge99 is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Tx
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Quote Originally Posted by WadePatton View Post

    i want some effing alamo beers*. glenn says they exist.
    They do exist, I have had one and that was plenty enough so don't get your hopes up. See y'all there.

  18. #38
    pinky is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Training trip in Austin for the week then NAHBS Friday. I'll be one of the Embro's with a 1000 yard stare. Any must do training loops? I'll be doing 60-100+ a day so I'll be covering a decent amount of ground.

  19. #39
    Mat's Avatar
    Mat
    Mat is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    685

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb View Post
    I'm heading to Austin. Our kids moved there over the summer; one for grad school ( Skyros Quartet ) the other, just for a change.
    My daughter and I will attend the show, the boy will be busy rehearsing.

    I hope to meet the man that made my Marcelo. Now that I have a blood cancer too, Dario and I share more than a bike.
    Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

  20. #40
    redturbo's Avatar
    redturbo is offline VSalonistas
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    mamby pamby land
    Posts
    496

    Default Re: Who's going to the NAHBS?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinky View Post
    Training trip in Austin for the week then NAHBS Friday. I'll be one of the Embro's with a 1000 yard stare. Any must do training loops? I'll be doing 60-100+ a day so I'll be covering a decent amount of ground.
    If you can get there the weekend prior there are some badazz races that usually bring in pros looking for training.
    TXBRA.org = The Texas Bicycle Racing Association

    Hope to make the show.
    "SHUT UP LEGS"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •