Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Ride Reports 2012/11/9-11 Return of Autumn to the Northeast

vertical_doug is offline VSalonistas

Default Weekend Ride Reports 2012/11/9-11 Return of Autumn to the Northeast

The official snow total was 9.5 inches for Bronxville, but it has all melted rather quickly. I am ready for a more normal weekend after the last 2.

snowtrail.jpg
    24 hrs later and not much snow

confuseddeer.jpg
    This deer agrees 'mother nature has lost her mind'.

snowtrees.jpg
    Return of Autumn

slab.jpg
    Not as quite a Surly Pugsley, but still pretty grippy.

Is it hobbit season yet? Yeah, you dorks know what I mean.

Nierman is offline VSalonistas

Default Re: Weekend Ride Reports 2012/11/9-11 Return of Autumn to the Northeast

Everything's dying out here but it smells so alive.

dgaddis is offline VSalonistas

Knocked out a quick 20 miles on the local IMBA Epic this morning. More flow than the Savannah river! Doing a very different 25 miles tomorrow.

Misty river this morning.
    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

Brandon White is online now VSalonistas

Ride with Mr. Stongin. 3 hours later and still short of breath, but no shortage of food consumed (post ride). Great weather here this time of year and even better to have a great rider to hang with. Matt did ridicule me on the filthiness of my bike though.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Matthew Strongin is offline sheverssheverssheverssheverssheverssheverssheverssheversshevers

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    Ride with Mr. Stongin. 3 hours later and still short of breath, but no shortage of food consumed (post ride). Great weather here this time of year and even better to have a great rider to hang with. Matt did ridicule me on the filthiness of my bike though.
    Now you know why I was half-wheeling you the whole ride. Just can't stand to see that beautiful bike so filthy...I was trying to get away. Made for a great ride, though. Time to fire up the grill, crack a beer, and enjoy this killer weather.

csiowner is offline VSalonistas

I did a nice 20 in 50 degrees trying out the new BB I installed and my new demarchi knickers ohh man they were warm i think ill be able to stay outside a little longer this year

Brandon White is online now VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Now you know why I was half-wheeling you the whole ride. Just can't stand to see that beautiful bike so filthy...I was trying to get away. Made for a great ride, though. Time to fire up the grill, crack a beer, and enjoy this killer weather.
    I cleaned my bike by the way. I can breathe fine now. The left over Pizza Fusion pizza had no chance when I got home this AM. That was pure mutilation .. of the pizza, I mean.

Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

robin3mj is offline VSalonistas

Snuck out for an hour after a storm, getting loose for a race tomorrow and hadn't ridden since Tuesday.
    Cleaned my bike.

Untitled by robin3mj, on Flickr
    my name is Matt

MJR77 : random photos

Matthew Strongin is offline sheverssheverssheverssheverssheverssheverssheverssheversshevers

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    I cleaned my bike by the way. I can breathe fine now. The left over Pizza Fusion pizza had no chance when I got home this AM. That was pure mutilation .. of the pizza, I mean.

Nice! I forgot it was green.

Tom Officer is offline VSalonistas

Gorgeous fall day here in CT around 50 or so; tights, gloves and booties.....did 3:35 over rolling terrain on the fixie, saw a few freds in shorts!

ides1056 is offline VSalonistas

Warmer up here in Berkshire County. Did 2 hours on soft gravel- think the frost got into the roads last week. Saw bow hunters heading off into the woods with their stands. My neck is sore from riding someone else's bike several times this week. Friend loaned me his carbon 29er hardtail.

j44ke is offline VSalonistas

Great day. I've been using my brain way too much lately, so I got out for a ride to Montauk. Along the way, I met the young lady below. Then a bit later I looked down and realized I had about 25 hornets on me. They were all sort of stumbly drunk and kind of rolled off me when I stopped. Weird. Later still I saw a flycatcher (I am a birdwatcher) I couldn't quite identify from the bicycle, but it looked like a rarer species typically found out west. After my ride, I went back out with binoculars to try to re-find it. No luck. So I stopped by a local field that sometimes gets interesting birds and standing right out in the middle of the field with the Canada geese and the horses were two Northern Lapwings, birds that are found in Europe but only rarely appear in the states. There have only been 5 sightings of Northern Lapwing in New York since they started keeping records. As soon as I called the birding hotline, mayhem ensued but quite a few people got to see them. There will be quite a few more people out here tomorrow I expect. Birdwatchers make cyclists seem completely normal.

Tom Kellogg is offline VSalonistas

One of the hardest and funnest rides I've ever done. 80 miles. About 24 miles on dirt / gravel. 6,900 feel of climbing. Up to 24% on one of the gravel climbs. Killer views. Great company. Seven of us did the whole thing. Nine flats. Eight spare tubes. (yes, you read that right) One pump (mine). Only clinchers flatted, mostly pinch flats. Great lunch stop. Our support vehicle met us about ten miles from home with beer and a spare wheel. Couldn't have been better.

PortClintonRide.jpg
    Tom Kellogg
    Rides bikes, makes 'em too.
    Spectrum-Cycles.com
    Butted Ti Road, Reynolds UL, Di2, QuarQ, Conour lite, SP Zero
    Steel Cross, X-7, Crank Bros, Concour Lite, Nemesis, Grifo
    Steel Piste, D-A Piste, PD-7400, Concour lite, Zipp 404
    http://kapelmuurindependent.be

Shortest TFC Member (5'6 3/4") & shrinking

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kellogg View Post
    One of the hardest and funnest rides I've ever done. 80 miles. About 24 miles on dirt / gravel. 6,900 feel of climbing. Up to 24% on one of the gravel climbs. Killer views. Great company. Seven of us did the whole thing. Nine flats. Eight spare tubes. (yes, you read that right) One pump (mine). Only clinchers flatted, mostly pinch flats. Great lunch stop. Our support vehicle met us about ten miles from home with beer and a spare wheel. Couldn't have been better.

PortClintonRide.jpg
    You can always post an invite on the event forum. Most of us are no shows anyway. But geez, that looks sweet.

Tom Kellogg is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    You can always post an invite on the event forum. Most of us are no shows anyway. But geez, that looks sweet.
    Doug:

My cousin Bobby Lea put the ride together last night and I didn't want to step on toes. As you may know, Bobby is that guy who rode in the Olympics last summer. He even admitted that the gravel climb out of Port Clinton today was the hardest climb he has ever done. as some of the Ballers might say: Epic-er.
    Tom Kellogg
    Rides bikes, makes 'em too.
    Spectrum-Cycles.com
    Butted Ti Road, Reynolds UL, Di2, QuarQ, Conour lite, SP Zero
    Steel Cross, X-7, Crank Bros, Concour Lite, Nemesis, Grifo
    Steel Piste, D-A Piste, PD-7400, Concour lite, Zipp 404
    http://kapelmuurindependent.be

Shortest TFC Member (5'6 3/4") & shrinking

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kellogg View Post
    Doug:

My cousin Bobby Lea put the ride together last night and I didn't want to step on toes. As you may know, Bobby is that guy who rode in the Olympics last summer. He even admitted that the gravel climb out of Port Clinton today was the hardest climb he has ever done. as some of the Ballers might say: Epic-er.
    Rub it in, baby. It was just raised to sweeter than sweet.

xjoex is offline VSalonistas

Yesterday I went to the bike park with a coworker. He is a crazy dirt jumper, I couldn't hang at all. I hit the pump track and skills park. Know your strengths right?

Today it snowed in the morning, and most of the afternoon. But we got out for some singletrack riding behind the house.

-Joe

DOOFUS is offline VSalonistas

got in two hours of threshold and tempo

new chain on two-year-old old shitty cassette = hopping around like a mexican jumping bean

gotta put on a decent cassette monday.

the pedals I put on in March have 2mm of play in them now

shit just don't hold up

thollandpe is offline VSalonistas

Gnar in the DAR! Riding some unfamiliar, and not very well-traveled, trails and my son's bike got spooked and just up and bit him.

DSCN0587.jpg

Ice and ibuprofen for him, some Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp for me.

sonny is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by DOOFUS View Post
    shit just don't hold up
    if you weren't such an animal you might have better luck

85 mi today
    skipped racing this weekend
    cross is stupid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast