Thread: with a smile & from our heart ----

ron l edmiston is offline VSalon House Dad-isata

Default with a smile & from our heart ----

tammy and i are underwriting a effort from our local humane society to find, seek out & provide for homeless rascals in the "sandy" devastated area..

also my brothers, when i see total devastation, all life's earnings/shelters & and future family security gone forever and minimal means or no means to replace, reality beckens me..
    my material possessions and moneys fill my security and pass-on for tammy & ashley, but my heart would be so empty without sharing to/for those without & no fault..

if any of my velo brothers are now without, pm me..
    tammy, ashley and ronnie sold a property in indiana today and will provide to the northeast..

handcrafted bikes & campy collect-ables mean much to ronnie, but in noway put a smile on my face like seeing others regain a smile too..

hope others will assist in their own way to our northeast friends..

ronnie

RickM is offline VSalonistas

Default Re: with a smile & from our heart ----

Damn..you're the first man I ever really loved. Awesome post.

Badonkadonk is offline VSalonistas

i wish we needed something ... but no such luck. send darren something that looks likemarriage material. it's past time

quickag is offline VSalonistas

This is why I'm here. My wife and I gave everything we had to help after Fukushima. Best decision we ever made.
    Respect all
    Fear none

robin3mj is offline VSalonistas

Ronnie,
    Not sure if you are a facebook-er, but this page has lots of info on the impact on the Jersey Shore.
    I know the headlines are showing lots of million dollar beach houses, but the reality is that some of the hardest hit areas were Seaside and Toms River. These are year-round towns, whose residents are teachers, cops, builders, and lots of folks who rely on the summer vacation crowd to provide their livelihoods.

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyShoreHurricaneNews

Being remote, it's tough to help directly, and most of the first responders are too busy 'doing' right now to be articulating what they'll need next, beyond the occasional "please bring supplies to XYZ shelter" etc.
    It's frustrating as hell.
    I've sent some $$ to Red Cross for now, and am going to fly home one weekend when it's safe to get down and help.

You're a star.
    my name is Matt

MJR77 : random photos

[QUOTE=robin3mj;446784]Ronnie,
    Not sure if you are a facebook-er, but this page has lots of info on the impact on the Jersey Shore.
    I know the headlines are showing lots of million dollar beach houses, but the reality is that some of the hardest hit areas were Seaside and Toms River. These are year-round towns, whose residents are teachers, cops, builders, and lots of folks who rely on the summer vacation crowd to provide their livelihoods.

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyShoreHurricaneNews

Being remote, it's tough to help directly, and most of the first responders are too busy 'doing' right now to be articulating what they'll need next, beyond the occasional "please bring supplies to XYZ shelter" etc.
    It's frustrating as hell.
    I've sent some $$ to Red Cross for now, and am going to fly home one weekend when it's safe to get down and help.

----------------------------------

red cross provides minimal tape red and best route for direction/contact with needs required..

ronnie

fixednwinter is offline VSalonistas

Mr. Edmiston, you are an amazing human being

dang is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by ron l edmiston View Post
    tammy and i are underwriting a effort from our local humane society to find, seek out & provide for homeless rascals in the "sandy" devastated area..

also my brothers, when i see total devastation, all life's earnings/shelters & and future family security gone forever and minimal means or no means to replace, reality beckens me..
    my material possessions and moneys fill my security and pass-on for tammy & ashley, but my heart would be so empty without sharing to/for those without & no fault..

if any of my velo brothers are now without, pm me..
    tammy, ashley and ronnie sold a property in indiana today and will provide to the northeast..

handcrafted bikes & campy collect-ables mean much to ronnie, but in noway put a smile on my face like seeing others regain a smile too..

hope others will assist in their own way to our northeast friends..

ronnie
    Ron, could you send me a PM with some information about what you're doing? Maybe 2 sentences -- I know you have your hands full. My daughter has been looking at some Pet-centered charities. It would be a small donation I'm afraid -- she's not a tycoon, just a high school sophomore who started a "roots and shoots" chapter at her high school, loves animals (and is taking an animal science elective). But she was talking to me about this sort of thing just last week.

Good on ya.

[QUOTE=dang;447644]Ron, could you send me a PM with some information about what you're doing? Maybe 2 sentences -- I know you have your hands full. My daughter has been looking at some Pet-centered charities. It would be a small donation I'm afraid -- she's not a tycoon, just a high school sophomore who started a "roots and shoots" chapter at her high school, loves animals (and is taking an animal science elective). But she was talking to me about this sort of thing just last week.

----------------------------------

wanted to pass on to all interested brothers:

animal rescue opportunities only require time with a smile -- no monies required..

local humane society..
    local aspca..
    & in arlington va -- check into "homeward trails.."

more than 2 sentences.. sorry,

ronnie

Too Tall is offline VelocipedeSalon.1

Mazel u'bracha (good fortune and blessing)

Go to heaven at least twice Ronnie. You set the bar pretty high. xxoo
    Last edited by Too Tall; 11-05-2012 at 12:09 PM.

davids is offline VSalonista

You're a good, good man Ronnie. I'm proud to call you my friend.
    GO!