Thread: Serotta Launches Fondo SG

Bill Stephens is offline VSalonistas

Default Serotta Launches Fondo SG

Meet the Fondo.

Bill Stephens
    bill.stephens@serotta.com

echelon_john is offline VSalonistas

Default Re: Serotta Launches Fondo SG

Time for a Serotta Smoked Out? Seems appropriate.

ergott is offline 2KClub

No matter how awesome/interesting that bike is, I'm immediately turned off by that representation of it. That picture bike has a saddle that isn't level, straight seat post (I know this is a bit polarizing), and bars that are turned to the sky. It would take me 5 minutes that make that bike look 100% better for marketing purposes. I don't care if that's what fit some customers.

Sorry if I'm being superficial, but this has been noted before and it's easy to fix. I'm sure it's an awesome bike. I'm a Serotta owner myself so I have nothing but love for your guys.

PJN
    PJN is offline VSalonistas

Spam is fucking lame.

I think that given the interest and curiosity about Serotta's demises and rebirths, this isn't spam--but propose that putting it into Smoked Out is more in keeping with where ostensibly commercial/builder stories go.

DOOFUS is offline VSalonistas

the ad copy bit about pros getting multiple carbon bikes, but you only have one bike, so yours (you have a typo there) has to last is clever, but really, is the consumer for that bike really going to be breaking a specialized roubaix or trek domaine? I seriously doubt it. you gotta come up with better justification for the material and price tag than that.

the picture is set up the way most of these will be ridden, so I guess that's ok

simple is offline VSalonistas

WTF are you talking about ergott? 1 degree of saddle tip and bars slightly up look that bad to you? This isn't a hardcore race bike so it looks fine to me.

PJN
    PJN is offline VSalonistas

A new thread to post a single link and lots of posts in other threads that are copy/pasted = non-origional content. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.

point taken. i've harped on the serotta copy/paste thing here.

Ras72 is offline VSalonistas

I have to agree with ergott. I thought the same thing when the page opened. The following is a contrast in marketing tech.:

Easy on the eyes:
    Home-Slide-Ti-Road-Bicycling-2[1].jpg

Hard on the eyes:
    New-Fondo-Small[1].jpg

I am in no way comparing the two bikes. Only looking at image quality and bike set-up.

bcm119 is offline VSalonistas

Serotta seems to build a lot of bikes for people with short femurs and neck problems.

I'm sure these are very well built bikes, like all Serottas. But if you're going to offer a stock road frame with a more upright fit, why not include fender eyelets and standard reach calipers? For all the talk of eliminating fatigue from the bike, they forgot the easiest way to do that-- fatter tires.

caleb is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    Serotta seems to build a lot of bikes for people with short femurs and neck problems.

fa63 is offline VSalonistas

Quote Originally Posted by ergott View Post
    No matter how awesome/interesting that bike is, I'm immediately turned off by that representation of it. That picture bike has a saddle that isn't level, straight seat post (I know this is a bit polarizing), and bars that are turned to the sky. It would take me 5 minutes that make that bike look 100% better for marketing purposes. I don't care if that's what fit some customers.

Sorry if I'm being superficial, but this has been noted before and it's easy to fix. I'm sure it's an awesome bike. I'm a Serotta owner myself so I have nothing but love for your guys.
    Exactly what I thought when I first saw it.

Chance Legstrong is offline VSalon Podium Boy

my no comment
    "make the break"

Too Tall is offline VelocipedeSalon.1

Get a life y'all. It is a freakin' bike. There is nothing wrong with that bicycle, the price is fine, the setup is reasonable and the CEO is reaching out.

Now let's take a collective moment...this is the VSalon we are some elitist mofos and there is nothing wrong with that. THAT said, we sure as he!! know that industry is important and if Serotta wants to try it on for size infront of THIS audience than every one of you owe it to industry to come back with something a wee bit less shallow.

Saddle tilt, shoot me now. It's a FAWKING nice bicycle and trust me it could just as easily be a hunk of garbage I would not be so nice.

We can promote industry when it makes sense and trust me on this Vsalon is not the Bicycle Roast Club.

coolberto hipsterdor is offline VSalonistas

Photo critique time?

IMO it needs way more saddle setback, a maximum of one 5mm spacer above and/or below the stem, longer stem, pedals, less obtrusive QR angles, a bottle cage or two, and bar/shifter angle adjustment. I also think the lighting is a bit harsh and it isn't flattering with those decals at all, they would look way better in softer or natural light. The black levels need adjustment. Lastly, on the site it has one side profile pic of the bike and everything else is closeups of the decals which seems odd to me.

bcm119 is offline VSalonistas

You have to assume he's looking for feedback here, otherwise it's just an ad. And the comments about how the bike is set up in the pics are important. I don't think it's shallow to make those points... having cool pics in your brochure and website ain't no small thang. I'm sure Bill has been here long enough to realize we're a bunch of elitist mofos, so perhaps he's specifically looking for elitist mofo feedback.

Shallow would be pointing out that the front QR is angled wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Get a life y'all. It is a freakin' bike. There is nothing wrong with that bicycle, the price is fine, the setup is reasonable and the CEO is reaching out.

Now let's take a collective moment...this is the VSalon we are some elitist mofos and there is nothing wrong with that. THAT said, we sure as he!! know that industry is important and if Serotta wants to try it on for size infront of THIS audience than every one of you owe it to industry to come back with something a wee bit less shallow.

Saddle tilt, shoot me now. It's a FAWKING nice bicycle and trust me it could just as easily be a hunk of garbage I would not be so nice.

We can promote industry when it makes sense and trust me on this Vsalon is not the Bicycle Roast Club.

coolberto hipsterdor is offline VSalonistas

I personally think they're doing a lot of things right with this bike however in the spirit of wanting to actually see serotta succeed, I think it would be helpful for them to hear opinions about this stuff because at the end of the day anything that makes the bike seem less cool or desirable is hurting their business to some extent. I don't know if it's being shallow or being realistic.

johnmdesigner is offline VSalonistas

Josh, you created this house and with that in mind you are free to promote anyone you choose.
    But as I have said elsewhere, I don't think its fair to treat one framebuilder any better than another.
    If Mr. Serotta wants to showcase his products here can it not be done like the rest of the framebuilders do. He could submit work to FNL or "Smoked Out".
    I don't thing promoting the brand in the General Discussion area is fair to the other members.
    Peace,
    John

edoz is offline VSalonistas

Can I promote myself in the general discussion section? I've been told I need to channel my inner shameless promotion whore:)
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast